• Published 17th Oct 2016
  • 515 Views, 14 Comments

Ravenwood Academy - ZeirMakavar



Sunset Shimmer and her friends find themselves at ends with an enemy from Equestria's past.

  • ...
 14
 515

2: Meet the Crew (part 1)

Author's Note:

Other then Sunset and Fluttershy, there are five people in the exclusive dorm. Their names are as such; Pyro, Nurse, Tech Wizard, Chaser, and Silent. Oh, there's also Beauford, the goat.

Don't forget to check out my Patreon Page for chapter previews, and early chapter releases.

Chapter 2
Meet the Crew

Sunset was just about ready to relax on the bed, drinking the soda she opened, when a rather large explosion near them woke her from her thoughts. "What the?" She said, rushing out of her room. Confused as to why no one else seemed worried, she began to look for the source of the sound. "Hello?" She said, entering one o the many labs. She had a sinking feeling she found the location, due to the room being filled with smoke.

"Ah hell..." Someone said from deeper into the room, a male student by the sounds of it. "Not again... Nurse!" He said, walking a bit out of the smoke, revealing himself to Sunset, and that his left hand had been burnt to the bone. "Oh, hello there, you new?" he then said, noticing Sunset just before running into her. "Ah, don't bother..." He said, waving his still flesh hand at her, before she could answer. "That boom, made me deaf for a bit. Just wait till Nurse get's here. Then we'll talk."

"Um... Okay?" Sunset said, just as Fluttershy came running into the room.

"Is everyone alright? I heard an explosion, did anyone get hurt? Sunset? Oh... were you hurt? You weren't... He's missing the flesh off of his hand." She continued, before passing out from seeing the man who was in the explosion.

"My lord that was a lot of words in one breath." He said, before laughing a bit, as a tall woman came over, her hair a mess.

"It's late Pyro..." She mumbled softly, running her hand through said messy hair, as she looked over at Sunset and Fluttershy. "You new? I'll have to give you both a physical tomorrow, understand?"

"Yes ma'am." Sunset said, smiling softly as she pulled what looked like a phone out of a pocket. "So... You're name is Pyro?"

"No, it's not." Pyro said, laughing slightly as the Nurse ran the phone over his burnt hand. "My name is R... Eh, it's not important." he said, shaking his head slightly. "People call me Pyro because I'm a chemist, I deal in volatile chemicals for about 11 hours a day. So I blow things up a lot. And... I usually catch at least 34 things on fire in a day, myself included."

"This would be the 30th time today." The Nurse said, sighing softly as she put what looked like a phone away. "Well, that should do for now. But I'll need you in the hospital area tomorrow, to get your hand fixed in a more permanent way Pyro. And again... Don't. Blow. Up. My labs."

"I know, I know." Pyro said, laughing slightly, waving the hand that was burnt at the nurse as she left.

"What... How? Wasn't that a..."

"No, it wasn't a phone." Pyro said, shaking his head a bit. "That was one of her inventions. It accelerates cell growth, allowing rapid cellular regeneration."

"That's possible?"

"Anything is possible Red." Pyro said, laughing a bit softly as he turned to head back into the lab. "Now then, let us see where it went wrong..."

"What went wrong?" Sunset asked, after she moved the still passed out Fluttershy onto one of the benches. "And my name is Sunset, not Red."

"And my names not Pyro." Pyro said, laughing a bit, as he picked up one of the broken beakers. "And Nurse isn't actually named Nurse."

"Do you all have nick names?"

"Eeyup."


"W-what happened?" Fluttershy said, blinking slightly as she slowly woke up, rubbing her head from having laying on the bench.

"Ah, morning Fluttershy." Sunset Shimmer said, smiling a bit, wearing lab equipment over her dress. "Pyro blew up a lab, and well you passed out after seeing the aftermath."

"Oh yes... Is he alright?" Fluttershy asked, a worried look on her face.

"Oh, he's fine." Sunset replied, nodding slowly as she turned a Bunsen burner off, sighing a bit. "He said he had to get something from the greenhouse, and that he'd show us around after you woke up."

"Oh, what was it he needed?" Fluttershy asked, as she got up to look around the lab. "I could... I could probably help look for it."

"He didn't say." Sunset sighed, shaking her head slowly as she looked out of the lab. "Probably something for pain or something like that."