• Published 3rd Jul 2012
  • 616 Views, 7 Comments

The Pegasith - TheVaultDoor



Minor Star Wars crossover, still featuring humans in one later chapter

  • ...
 7
 616

The team (A/N please read)

Name: Viola Heartstrings
Nic: 'Pegasith' 'Minion'
Species: Pegasus
Age: 18
Hair: grey at the roots bleaching to white at the tips, mid length
Coat: Terracotta
Bio: In her past life Viola was known as Katrina Maxwell, who was the last surviving human in the celestial equivalent of I'm A Celebrity. She knows nothing of this past life however.

She was adopted by the Heartstrings family and renamed Viola, in course with the family tradition of naming females after various musical instruments. Her mother, Cleo, would have liked for her to take a career as a Violinist after her namesake, while Artemis, her father pushed for her to join the Royal Guard with him. Viola herself took an insatiable interest in engineering, in particular mechanics, and spent much of her early years trying to get into the Royal Equestrian Academy of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers (REA-MEE).

Both she and her parents believed her entrance exam to be rigged, in that she was instructed to produce a golem, an act impossible for anypony other than a unicorn, and even the illegal due to the need for a 'soul gem' to power it. During the Sonic Rainboom, an imitation soul gem was produced that allowed the golem to work properly, annoying the possibly tribalist principal, Professor Grinding Gears.

Professor Gears continued to be an antagonist to 'the feather-brained pegasus' throughout her five years in the academy, sending her on summer assignments he believed impossible for her in a bid to give himself leverage to remover her from the school. Time and time again however she completed the assignments to a degree the even Professor Gears would have been proud of, if Viola was a unicorn.

Viola is an avid reader, having read the Elder Scrolls, Lord Of The Rings, and many other fantasy series, despite this she still follows the pegusai stereotype, keeping fit with frequent athletics sessions either on her own or with a group through the Equestrian Athletics Association.

Since being tricked into coming to Ponyville by Professor Gears, Viola has opened her own business: Practical Solutions Inc. the name being a pun as it's initials can also be use in the unit Pounds per Square Inch.

Combat Skills: Viola is proficient in the use of dual blades, one of which being her signature red lightsaber. The use of two weapons requires her to keep both front hooves off the ground, she has trained herself to walk in a bipedal fashion, using her wings as a counter weight. Viola prefers to take a cautious approach to the fight, keeping an opponent at bay with the lightsaber and defending herself from a counter attack with a short sword, while looking for exploitable weaknesses in her opponent’s form.


Name: Starsteel Sprint
Nic: 'Star' 'Metal Head'
Species: Unicorn-Golem
Age: 5
Hair: Fiber Optic Rainbow
Coat: Stainless Steel
Bio: Star was created by Viola aged thirteen as her entry assignment for REA-MEE, her creation was an accident revolving around a mana receptacle and the Sonic Rainboom. The newly created mare immediately came to life and destroyed seven walls in a mad dash out of Canterlot. Star then proceded to do a tour of Equestria before arriving in Ponyville five years later.

Starsteel's body had since undergone several upgrades, from replacing the outdated clockwork the gave her movement with more modern hydraulics, to allowing the mechanical unicorn to use a limited amount of magic.

Since reuniting with her creator, she has come to view Viola as her own mother. Much to said pegasus' chagrin she wishes to become a real pony, even if it means she must experience foalhood, as such when not helping out at P.S.I, Star can be found at the library looking through historical texts looking for some obscure ritual to help her reach her dream.

Combat Skills: With her first upgrade replacing her original Iron shell with Starsteel (from which she was named), Star is impervious to any physical assault; due to the materials extremely high density though speed is her weakest point, not to say she isn't going to ruin somepony's day if she hits them at full pace though. Her effective use is that of a wrecking ball, either charging into enemy positions, or being thrown at them by Midnight.


Name: Midnight Eclipse (Formerly Nightmare Moon)
Nic: 'Chibi' 'Midget Moon'
Species: Alicorn
Age: 1
Hair: Starlight, long and wavy
Coat: Black
Bio: Having been ripped from Princess Luna by the Elements of Harmony, Nightmare moon was left significantly weakened, so much that it took four weeks for her to be able to reform herself. Having located what she believed to be the largest part of her power she brought the rest of her energy that she had collected and attempted to completely rebuild herself, it worked partially. While she had reformed herself she was unable to integrate with the power leaving her at only two hooves in height. Nightmare awoke from the procedure trapped under the flank of a now much larger pony.

After freeing herself from under the pegasus, she attempted the wake the mare in order to claim her as a minion, the results of which left Viola with a headache and a very large bruise on her forehead.
Nightmare then ordered her 'minion' to take her to Celestia so that she may Seize the throne. Finding humour in being ordered around by the miniature dictator, Viola complied and was on a train to Canterlot within the hour.

It seemed the Nightmare Moon was completely ignorant to the fact she was smaller in stature than a newborn foal even after a run in with the princesses, which left her incarcerated within the palace dungeons for several days while her sentence was decided on. It was during this time reality finally caught up with her.

After a week of debate it was decided that rather than banishment, that Nightmare moon would learn humility at the hooves of a common pony, the most readily available pony being Viola ironically enough. In order to help her 'fit in' she adopted the name Midnight Eclipse

Midnight can be seen as condescending and apathetic outside of any job labelled 'high risk', and even on one of those she only looks out for herself. She has developed a love hate relationship with Starsteel, whom most of the she sees as little more than a guard dog. It is well known she has a malicious streak, taking control over an opponent's movements and causing them to beat themselves into unconsciousness.

Combat Skills: while only possessing a fraction of the power she once had, Midnight is still a formidable battle mage, though focusing more on subversion than frontal combat. Her magical strength is shown many times where she lifts and throws the two and a half ton golem Starsteel.
Her diminished size could be seen as a detriment, Midnight however uses it however to move around the battle field unnoticed, she does occasionally find herself trapped under the bodies of the fallen however.


Name: Nitrous Oxide
Nic: 'Nitro'
Species: Earth Pony
Age: 25
Hair: Acid Green, Cropped Short
Coat: Emerald Green
Bio: Nitro worked as an chemist in Fillydelphia before moving to Ponyville after hearing of a Zebra alchemist in the Everfree Forest. Chemistry, while seen as the lifeblood of the Oxide family, was far too dangerous to the explosion causing stallion, thus Nitro it was time for a change of scenery and by extension career.

While the rumours were somewhat false, Nitro vowed to learn what Zecora could teach him about the various potions she made, it would after all be a shame to have come all the way for nothing. The fact that a healing tonic couldn't blow up in his face was another deciding factor.

Nitro found his calling in Ponyville under the employ of P.S.I. where his connections as a chemist allowed for alternate sources of materials for the various jobs they took, such materials generally being highly corrosive or likely to explode.

Combat Skills: As a chemist Nitro was well known for making explosives from otherwise unreating materials, there is still a debate going on as to how he was able to level the lab with only a pint of milk and some broccoli; and as such finds himself on call as a pyrotechnic technician (or in less fancy terms: 'the guy who blows huge holes in stuff').

Nitro is also the team's medic thanks to what he learned from Zecora, while he can't cure the effects of Poison Joke, he has a variety of mixtures that do everything from clotting wounds and numbing pain, to full body paralysis.


Name: Ditzy Doo
Nic: 'Derpy Whooves'

'How in Tartarus' Name do you keep hitting that target with your eyes like that?!'
Species: Pegasus
Age: 27
Hair: Blond
Coat: Grey
Bio: it may be surprising to note that Ditzy was once the best archer in the entire royal guard, it's even more surprising to many that she in not her sister Derpy. Ditzy's career in the guard came to a close after an unknown assailant bucked her in the temple, while a team of surgeons managed to save her life it was not without it's drawbacks; due to the trauma her eyes are now permanently unfocused limiting her effective use as an archer. She would have been quite happy to remain in the guard as a regular soldier, if not for the comments made behind her back.

Regrettably not even one as focused as Ditzy could ignore the snide remarks and at the age of twenty terminated her contract and moved to Ponyville with her sister, whom she worked alongside of in the town's mail services. If it were not for her cross-hair cutie mark it's likely the entire town would never remember which Twin was which.

After their official opening, Ditzy began to take a small interest in the workings of P.S.I. And at one point assisting the, at that point, four pony team in an excursion to the griffin kingdom with Princess Luna. During some drunken revelry alongside the griffins of Windshear Hold, Ditzy and Viola had a heart to heart talk about the things they were most guilty off, Viola pointing out her strained relationship with her family, while Ditzy wished she could have stayed in the guard. While Ditzy convinced Viola to sort out her missuses with her family the younger mare's mind was awash with ideas on how to assist her fellow pegasus. With some drunk science and a griffin 'firearm' as a base idea, Viola was able to procure a weapon which would allow Ditzy to continue her career as a markspony even if she had one eye.

Combat Skills: While the majority of the skills she learned with the guard have diminished over her seven year period as a mailmare, Ditzy is by no means a ditz when the fighting starts. Despite her disability she is still the best markspony in all Equestria, thanks to her new sniper rifle (or rye-full as everypony seems to pronounce it) she is able to pick out targets from just under a mile.

Close quarters is her only weakness however due to a seven year period of inactivity, she has slowly been training herself back up to the standard for the royal guard, and is the only one showing skill diversity in the team, as show by frequently being the others in a friendly spar.


Name: Elm Sap
Nic: 'Elm'
Species: Unicorn
Age: 16
Hair: Sky Blue spiky
Coat: Sandy grey
Bio: Elm was an serial arsonist before being caught trying to burn down the old Ponyville clock tower, which had long since been renovated to be a workshop for P.S.I. The young colt was released on bail by the shops owner in exchange for working off the damages.

Elm spent most of his life growing up in foster care, and had a rough upbringing because of it, his pent up aggression eventually leading to his destructive hobby.

Since working with the team Elm has struck up a semi familial bond with Ditzy, who has been unable to have a child of her own, with a 'small' betting pool of 358 bits on when she'll actually adopt him.

As much as he doesn’t want anypony to find out, Elm is really good at poetry, in particular haiku, and has a several hundred page scrapbook of his works hidden in a lock box under his bed.

Combat Skills: If he doesn't get his cutie mark for writing love poems, then setting things on fire has to be Elm's special talent. With an entire shelf on fire related magic, it would come to no surprise to see him set fire on fire. Elm's dependence on magic however will be his downfall, even Ditzy has to agree he is awful scrawny for a colt his age.


this is what I've been working on since my USB died, not playing Borderlands 2 (Much). I looked back over the previous chapters and as well as finding myself dissatisfied with them, I also came to the conclusion that I'm bad at portraying characters, as such I'm making a list of the main characters that will appear in The Pegasith.

I've tried to make the members of P.S.I. as balanced as possible, though there are three others, and the main enemies. Given my choice to make a reformed Nightmare Moon as one of the 'good guys' I'm considering the possibility of doing something similar with other villains.

other than that tell me what you think do these guys need more work, or is this half of the team ready to kick some jedi flank?