• Published 6th Oct 2016
  • 2,006 Views, 35 Comments

Sonic and EQG: Fiendship is Magic. - SonicAKG



Sonic never expected to go up against the Rainbooms?! What's going on?

  • ...
8
 35
 2,006

Beginning of the Face Off

Sonic slowly opened his eyes as he regained consciousness. When he was fully awake, his eyes opened fully and saw that he was in the Rainbooms rehearsal room. He had been lying on the steps. In the room was also Twilight, the Crusaders, and Tails, who was lying on the black seat in the room, unconscious. Sonic then quickly rose up and started to look around.

“Sonic, you’re awake!” Scootaloo said with excitement as she and the rest of the Crusaders along with Twilight came to meet him.

“Yeah. Ugh, what happened while I was out?” Sonic said as he held his head. “The last thing I remember was that I was racing Dash, then all of a sudden she collided into me, and then boom.”

“For some strange reason, Rainbow Dash is evil, and it’s not just her it’s Sunset as well. When we came to check on you, she went crazy and did something to Tails, took his arm cannon, threatened us to get Rainbow Dash, attacked Twilight, and then she took off with Rainbow Dash. Also, she was wearing a pretty nice dress.” Sweetie Belle explained quickly.

“What?! She did something to Tails?! Tails!” Sonic shouted as he rushed to where Tails was lying. “Tails, Tails, Tails, Tails!” Sonic shook him many times but Tails didn’t budge. “Tails I released copies of your Captain Super Fox-Man comics to the whole school.” Tails still didn’t respond. He was just lying there with his eyes closed.

“That normally gets his attention.” Sonic said as he stopped shaking him as he turned to the others. “What did Sunset do to him exactly?”

“I don’t know, Sonic.” Twilight said. “She just grabbed his forehead, he started screaming, and then he became, well, a vegetable.” Twilight then looked down on the ground in shame.

“What’s wrong, Twi?” Sonic said as he noticed her position.

“I’m sorry, Sonic. This is all my fault. I should’ve known something was up with Sunset, instead of just blindly trusting her. Now Tails is in trouble. I could've prevented this if I was just more careful.” Twilight said sadly. Sonic then put his hand on her shoulder, and she looked up at him.

“Hey, none of us knew what was going on. If anything, I should’ve picked up something was wrong with Dash the moment she turned into a female Scourge, instead of just letting my pride get the better of me.” Sonic said with the thumbs up. “Instead of moping around, and feeling sorry for ourselves, we should be focusing on our next move.” Twilight looked at him and nodded firmly.

“You’re right.” Twilight said with renewed confidence. “Judging from Sunset,and Rainbow Dash’s actions combined with how everyone else was acting yesterday, I think we can safely conclude the others are evil as well.”

“I can confirm that for Rarity.” Silver said weakly as he walked into the band room, holding his head. His movements were wobbly, and he had trouble standing up. He then groaned

“Silver? What happened to you? You look terrible.” Apple Bloom said as she came to help him stand up.

“Thanks, Apple Bloom. What happened was Rarity. For some reason, she was acting all evil super villain. Again. I tried to stop her, but she caught me off guard, and knocked me out with a diamond.” Silver said.

Just then Manic burst in the room. He was panting loudly and rested his hands on his knees as he caught his breathe. Angel was on his shoulder, and he looked greener than Manic's hair, as if he was going to be sick as he covered his mouth.

“Manic!” Sweetie Belle said with delight. She then flipped her hair and walked over to him. “What are you-.”

“GUYS!” Manic shouted, making Sweetie Belle jump back in surprise. “Evil! Hot! Fluttershy! Grass! Trees! Animals! Spears! Shelter! Overtak-.”

“Can you not shout?” Silver said annoyed as he held his head.

“Manic, calm down.” Sonic said as he gripped Manic’s shoulders. Manic then looked up at him. “From the gist of things, Fluttershy is evil too right?”

“Evil? She’s crazy! She and her animal minions tried to eat me, and she poisoned me! If it wasn’t for Angel, I’d be in the stomach of a bear!”

Angel, still green nodded. Then without warning, he threw up on Sweetie Belle’s shoes, who gasped in horror.

“My shoes!!!” Sweetie Belle shouted as she recoiled in disgust. “Gross!!!!!”

Without warning, Knuckles then burst through the ceiling, and landed in the middle of the room, leaving a small crater on the ground. Knuckles then rose up, rubbing the back of his head.

“Ow, that was not fun.” Knuckles grumbled as he stood up. He then noticed everyone else in the room. His eyes widened in shock as he remembered what happened before. “Guys! A-.”

“Applejack is evil right?” Scootaloo guessed.

“Yeah. I take it from the look on everyone's faces, the same goes for Rainbow Dash and the others.” Knuckles said as he observed the room.

“Yep.” Sonic said.

“How did you even get up in the sky anyway?” Silver asked Knuckles.

“Applejack threw me.” Knuckles said.

“Well, that leaves everyone accounted for.” Twilight said. “Except for Pinkie, and Shadow.”

Shadow then teleported into the room in a blue flash. His clothes had burn marks all over them, his hair was messed up, and he looked beyond angry.

“I stand corrected.” Twilight said.

“What the heck happened to you?” Manic asked.

Shadow ignored him, and he looked around. Then he saw Pinkie’s drumsticks, and grabbed them quickly.

“Now that I’ve got my Chaos Emerald,I can track Pinkie. These should help me find her!” He declared angrily.

“I guess that confirms Pinkie’s evil as well.” Sonic said. Suddenly he got a grin on his face. “Shadow, don’t tell me..... Pinkie of all people got the better of you?”

Shadow turned to Sonic, and gave him a glare, but didn’t say anything. Sonic then chuckled a bit.

“She did, didn’t she?” Sonic said amused.

“Wow, you couldn’t handle, one pink, party girl?” Manic said with a devious smile, as he joined in on the teasing.

“First of all, it wasn't even a real fight. She caught me off guard, that’s all.” Shadow explained with annoyance. “Knuckles back me up.”

“I was there, and Pinkie did catch him off guard.” Knuckles confirmed. Knuckles then too got a mischievous smile. “By kissing him.” Sonic and Manic's grins grew larger, and then they burst out laughing with Knuckles joining in. Shadow's glare intensified at them.

“Who knew, that all it took to throw the Ultimate Life Form off his game, was a little kiss?!” Sonic said as he held his sides. “Serious design flaw, Professor Gerald!”


“You are aware of how easily I could seriously maim all of you, right?” Shadow threatened with grit teeth.

“Ah-ah. Behave yourself Shadow, or we’ll have Twilight kiss you.” Manic mocked. Twilight blushed heavily at this, while Shadow just grew angrier.

“All right, that’s enough.” Silver said he stood next to Shadow. “Lay off him. He’s probably still recovering from those deadly cooties he’s contracted.” This caused Sonic, Knuckles, and Manic to laugh harder. Silver chuckled a bit before Shadow slapped him in the back of the head.

“OW.” Silver said as he held his head in pain. “That was worth it.”

“If you guys are going to keep acting like idiots, then I’m out of here.” Shadow said. “I’m going to find Pinke, and get my revenge. Then I’ll come back for all of you.

“I wouldn’t go alone if I were you, Shadow.” Twilight said making him turn to her, and give her a glare. She was a little intimidated by those blood-red eyes of his.

“Why not?” He grumbled.

Twilight then cleared her throat. “Shadow, Sunset, and the others are also going through the same kind of thing as Pinkie is. We met Sunset earlier, and she mentioned needing Rainbow Dash for some kind of plan. I have reason to believe that her plan includes the rest of our friends as well. If so, at this very moment they may all be together.” Twilight explained.

“So?”

“So, it’s too dangerous to go alone.”

“I’m the Ultimate Life-Form. I can handle six “magical” girls or whatever.”

“You couldn’t handle one.” Manic said under his breath. Shadow turned to him, and Manic looked away subtly.

“Twilight’s right, Shadow.” Sonic said. “We should plan our next move as a group.”

“I thought I’ve made it clear I’m not part of your little group of friends.” Shadow insisted. “I can take care of myself.”

All of a sudden Twilight’s phone started to ring. She pulled it out, and she gasped when she saw who was on it.

“Guys.” Twilight said, making everyone in the room turn towards her. “It’s Sunset”. She showed them her screen as it said Sunset calling. “What should I do?”

“Answer it.” Knuckles said. “Then we can get to the bottom of this whole fiasco.”

Twilight then swiped the call icon on her phone. Something strange then happened. The screen on Twilight’s phone grew red, and then a flash of red light came up from it, causing everyone in the room to back away. Twilight briefly dropped it in fright, but used telekinesis to catch it before it hit the ground. The red light then formed into a red hologram of Sunset making Everyone look on in shock.

“This is……AMAZING!” Twilight yelled out, causing all heads in the room to turn to her. “I’ve studied the possibility of holographic technology, but I thought it would take years to even start working on it. This is too much! I must-.”

“Twilight.” Sonic said, making Twilight turn to him. He had an annoyed look on his face, and Twilight blushed.

“Let her have her fun, Sonic.” The holographic Sunset Shimmer said with a robotic voice. “After all with her level of intelligence, holograms are something she could only dream of even understanding.” Twilight face got a flash of anger.

“What was that?” Twilight said with a hint of anger in her voice.

“Calm, down she’s only trying to play with your emotions.” Silver said, making Twilight drawback.

“Still, I guess she is intelligent enough to be deemed in my rankings. Someone with a moderate, approaching high threat level, though this might be mainly due to the raw magic she possesses.” Sunset said. She then observed the whole room and saw everyone was present. “It looks like the whole gang is here. Sonic. High level threat. Silver. High level threat. Knuckles. High level threat. Shadow. High level threat.” Sunset was pointing at them individually as she ranked their threat levels. She then came to the Crusaders. “Crusaders. Low threat.”

“Hey!” Scootaloo protested. “We are not a low threat or whatever!”

“Actually, you kind of are, seeing as you don’t really have any powers.” Manic brought up, making Scootaloo blush a little in embarrassment.

“Manic.” Sunset said as she pointed at him with a smile. “Minimal threat.”

“What?!” Manic said in dismay as he approached the hologram. “How am I minimal threat?! I’m on the same level as Sonic! Why am I ranked lower than the Crusaders?!”

“I take it, you didn’t come here just to make Manic look stupid.” Shadow said as he shoved Manic out of the way, and stood in front of Sunset. “What are you after?”

“Ah, Shadow. It’s always straight to the point with you.” Sunset said smugly. “I’ve come here to deliver a message. Sooner or later, we’re going to confront one another. So I figured sooner. I want all of you to meet me, and the rest of the girls at Eggman’s base to settle our differences.”

“Eggman’s base?” Knuckles said confused. “Why there?”

“We’ve taken it over, and it's the perfect place to accommodate our abilities for the inevitable clash.” Sunset explained. “And before you ask, it was fairly simple to take over the good doctor’s layer.”

“Sunset. What’s going on?” Twilight asked concerned. “Why are you, and the others doing this?”

“Oh, Twilight.” Sunset said condescendingly. “Is this the part where you expect me to reveal my evil plans? How boring, and un-intellectual. Meet me at Eggman’s base, and all questions will be answered.” The hologram then vanished, and communication with Sunset ended.

“Who here thinks it's a trap?” Sonic asked. Everyone raised their hands. “All right, let’s get going.”

“Wait a minute, if you think it’s a trap why are you still going?” Sweetie Belle asked confused.

“At this point, we don’t have many options left, and meeting Sunset, and the others is the best way to get answers as Sunset said.” Sonic explained. “Plus, I kind of forgot to ask what she did to Tails, and how to reverse it.” He added as he rubbed the back of his head with his hands. “Shadow teleport us there.”

“Fine, but when we arrive, stay out of my way.” Shadow warned.

Everyone came close to Shadow. Before Sonic went towards Shadow, he turned to the Crusaders.

“I know what you’re thinking, and the answers is no, you can’t come with us. And ye,s the reason is because it’s too dangerous.” Sonic told them.

“Aw, man.” Scootaloo pouted. “This sounds so exciting!”

“I know it does, but like I said, it’s pretty dangerous. Besides, I need you guys to look after Tails.” Sonic explained. “Can you do that for me?”

The Crusaders looked back at Tails, who was still unconscious, and back to Sonic.

“Sure thing.” Apple Bloom said. “We’ll do our best!”

“Thanks, I know I can count on you.” Sonic said as he gave them the thumbs up. He then joined the others with Shadow. Everyone put their hands on Shadow’s shoulder and he took out a green Chaos Emerald.

“Chaos Control!” Shadow said as they teleported. In a flash of light, everyone arrived in front of Eggman’s base right outside of the entrance. Twilight looked up in awe at the tower.

“Fascinating.” She exclaimed.

“Look’s like we have company.” Manic said as he pointed upwards. Standing high up on a ledge facing them were Sunset and the rest of the Rainbooms.

“So glad all of you could make it.” Sunset called down to them as she clasped her hands. “Why don’t we take this inside? The weather is absolutely awful.”

“It’s sunny outside.” Knuckles called up to her.

Sunset ignored him as she, and the other Rainbooms walked back into Eggman’s base from an opening in the ledge they were standing on. Before they left, Pinkie mockingly blew a kiss towards Shadow. Shadow narrowed his eyes and clenched his fist in annoyance.

“Say one word Manic, and I’ll teleport you to the bottom of the ocean.” Shadow warned Manic who started to open his mouth. At this threat, Manic shut up.

“I don’t get it.” Pinkie told Sunset as the Rainbooms walked back inside. “We have an entire fleet at our command. Why didn’t we just enter the city, and blow everything up?”

“Because we want to rule the city and the rest of the world. Not destroy it.” Sunset answered.

“Speak for yourself.” Pinkie muttered under her breath. “I thought this was going to be fun.”

“This will be fun, Pinkie.” Sunset answered. “Remember the role you get to play.” Pinkie grinned as she remembered what Sunset had in store for her in the plan.

“I’m satisfied,” Pinkie said as her grin turned into a malicious smile.

Back on the ground floor. The entrance to Engman’s base entered.

“All right guys. Let’s go.” Sonic said. “And remember, try not to die.” When Sonic said this, Twilight gripped her shoulders, which Sonic noticed.

“Twi?” Sonic asked with concern. Twilight sighed.

“I want to save Sunset, and the others, but I’m not sure if I’m ready for this. I mean this is my first time dealing with anything related to this Eggman or whatever. What if I just end up being a burden?” Twilight confessed.

“Twi, remember how at Camp Everfree you saved everyone, and jumped into action despite it being your first time?” Sonic told her. “Things went great, and without you, we never would’ve been able to have done anything at all. We need you for this.”

Twilight looked at him and saw the confidence in his eyes. It sparked her own confidence. She then nodded.

“You’re right. Let’s go.” Twilight said. She, Sonic, and the others soon entered the base. Inside they entered a large metallic hallway. As they walked through the highway, a bright light from above shone down, making everyone cover their eyes with their hands.

“Ah, what the-.” Silver exclaimed as he shielded his eyes. The light died down, and as everyone slowly opened their eyes to see the source of the light. It was Sunset, and the other Rainbooms descending upon them, having ponied up. Their forms were the same as the ones they had taken on at Camp Everfree with some differences.

The red on Sunset’s attire was much darker, and the yellow had been replaced with dark purple. The sun symbol on her belt was now a gold phoenix, and her sun-shaped crowned was replaced with a phoenix one, also gold. Her previously golden boots were also dark purple. The blue crystal found on her shoulder pads(which were now dark purple instead of gold as well), and back of her boots were now a deep black color.

For Applejack the green jewels on her boots, crown, and gloves were a deep black color as well. The green clothing present on her legs, arm, and hair were dark purple. Her boots were a darker tan, and the primary turquoise part of her dress was also darker as well. The golden parts her necklace, buttons, waist belt, and arm buttons were dark purple as well.

The pink of Pinkie’s attire was now a much darker red . The yellow areas on her arms and part of the front of her dress were now deep black. The jewels on her shoes and dress were black as well, the same also going for the jewels part of her hairband. The golden bands on the front of her dress were now dark purple.

As for Rarity, the previously blue jewels on her knee’s, boots, and torso(her light purple belt turned black) as well as crown were now a deep black color. The dark blue part of her dress was now black, and the bottom portion of the dress which was previously a light blue was a dark blue color. Her boots were also a dark purple color as well, entirely. The clothing underneath her dress was black as well as her wristbands. She still had the silver mask covering her face.

The jewels on Fluttershy’s dress were deep black. Her boots were also entirely dark purple, and her white leggings were now black. The green on her dress was a dark green color now, and the blue was replaced with black, and the pink on her dress now dark purple. The gold parts of her shoulder pad(which along with her wristbands were dark purple) were black. Fluttershy's wings were also dark purple as well.

Rainbow Dash’s gold shoes were now dark purple. The blue leggings on her outfit were now black(along with the blue parts of her shoes, and a top part of the outfit). The red portion of her dress was now a darker color as well, with the gold portions of the top part of her outfit turning a dark purple color along with her wristbands. Her wings, like Fluttershy's, were a dark purple color.

Sonic and the others looked as the Rainbooms descended in front of them. Sunset gave them an evil smile.

“Shall we begin?”


THE END