• Published 4th Oct 2016
  • 486 Views, 3 Comments

The Battle Of Darkness - Night--Mist



Follow Night Mist as he must overcome a great darkness few would dare face.

  • ...
 3
 486

Prologue

We are at a place and time way before the events that happened at CHS. Everywhere was, for the most part, quite harmonious. At this time of night, everything was still and quiet. Then the silence was broken as the sound of a motorized speedbike (Road Approved Dirt Bike) zooms by, followed by the sounds of sirens and other motorized vehicles giving chase.

In most cases, most would see this as a thrill seeker trying to see how long they can evade the cops, or a criminal on the run. But this was different. The boy that the cops and other people were in pursuit of was in a state of panic. His mind focused on getting as far from Canterlot as possible. No one could understand why. So they chased him to get some answers.

This boys name, was Night Mist. Night Mist wasn't your average teen. He excelled in both education and physical activity. But he also, wasn't a normal boy. Ever since his parents passed away two years ago, he had found out that he had a special power. Some may say it was just a bunch of lighting and effects, but others believed it was something of a far greater power. And he had been trying to avoid detection from things like the press, and so far, it had worked.

But right now, something had severely spooked him, causing him to panic and take off as fast as possible. Some of Night Mist's good friends, who among them was, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Peanut Butter, who some called P.B., and Shadowmane were getting rides from their parents to try and get him to come to his senses, since he was speeding from his foster home as fast as possible when they were heading to meet him.

Soon, Night Mist turned sharply onto a dirt road, hoping that the cops' loss of traction on their cars would get him some distance so he could find a place to completely evade everyone. He hadn't counted on his friends' parents vehicles to be built for the terrain, and so the breather was short lived as he kept speeding away. But he soon realized that going this fast for this long ate away at his gas and he was running on fumes.

Just when he thought that they might get a chance to grab him and question him, he saw salvation. A forest. It was his last chance, and soon he made a sharp turn to the edge of it, once in the forest, his bike finally lost power and he jumped and began to run. His friends and the cops weren't so deterred to give up chase, so they pursued him into the woods, leaving their vehicles. They yelled to Night Mist to stop, and that they wanted to talk to him. At the same time, they explained to the cops that Night Mist had only sped off because of something that spooked him, and they agreed that charges for reckless speeding were not going to be pressed.

While Night Mist thought he had gotten some distance with his athletic nature, just then he came upon a cliff. It sat right next to a massive and powerful waterfall, and the river bellow was deep. As he was trying to gather his thoughts he heard, "Night Mist, wait please."

Night Mist turned around. He saw his friends catching up to him. "Stay back," Night Mist demanded.

"Nighty, we're all here to help ya. Ya gotta calm down and come back with us. Tell us what's going on," Applejack said.

"I-I can't," Night Mist said.

"Nighty, you can. Your caretakers are worried sick, you bolted away without even telling them where you were going. We know nothing has happened between you and them to make you want to run away from them," Shadowmane said.

"I'm not running away from them," Nighty defended himself.

"What do you mean? You are out here and they are at home wanting you to come back," Peanut said.

"No, you don't understand. She's after me. She's trying to find me to get control of my gifts. If she does, she'll hurt everyone close to me," Night Mist stated.

"Who?" his friends asked in unison.

"...... Ask the vice principal. I can't stay any longer. Tell Sunset, I did this to protect her," Night Mist said as he turned around.

All Nighty's friends went wide eye and A.J. yelled, "Nighty! Don't!"

But her words fell upon deaf ears as Night Mist made the leap. They all rushed to the edge to see Night Mist land in the water bellow. But it was so dark and loud, they could not find any sign that he came back up. A.J. was about to jump in after him, but Peanut grabbed her arm and said, "A.J. the rocks, it's a miracle he missed them."

All three friends stood at the stone edge gazing at what lay below and some tears were shed. The parents and siblings came to comfort the three, not knowing the fate of Night Mist. No one had noticed a dark entity hovering above and soon whisking off into the distance.

Just then A.J. woke with a start, having the awful nightmare of her friend when she realized that Sunset was laying next to her panting and tears forming in her eyes. A.J. then knew that Sunset had accidentally seen the fate of one of her old friends, due to their most recent adventure back at Camp Everfree. She scooted over to Sunset, and gave her a sisterly hug, allowing Sunset to let out her sorrow.

Meanwhile, a familiar figure started to enter Canterlot. A face that was all too familiar to the gang that had earned CHS a reputation.

Author's Note:

End of Chapter one. Hope you all enjoy. Let me know what you think in the comments below. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to let mommy get me back to the Lunar crib, before Blueblood finds my surprise. *Hear's a bang.* Too late. *Luna picks me up and teleports me back to the Lunar Chambers with her, soon setting me in the crib.*

Luna: It's never too late for Mama to cover for her tiniest angel of the night. *Nuzzles me making me giggle.*