• Published 1st Oct 2016
  • 541 Views, 0 Comments

Vinyl scratch: Harbinger of the night. - HiddenXtiger



Vinyls always been by octavia's side, but when she finds out her secret, it is already too late.

  • ...
 0
 541

Chapter 2: Awakening

Octavia opened her eyes slowly, finding for a moment her vision was heavily blurred, but it soon subsided.
She pushed herself up, looking to the side of her bed, to find a Bright, crimson-eyed Vinyl Scratch staring at her.

"Took you a while, sleepy head, you've already slept for a whole week!"

Octavia darted her eyes open, not really understanding what Vinyl was droning on about.
"Vinyl, what are you talking about?" She replied, looking at her as if she were crazy.
"And another question, why are your eyes..."

Then it all came back to her, the anniversary, falling asleep, that weird dream, and Vinyl... having fangs?

She came back from her daydream to dart out of the covers, trying to make a run for the front door.

"Octavia wait!" Vinyl called out, darting so fast that she reached the door before Octavia could even open the bedroom door.

"How.. how did you..?" Octavia stuttered, looking at Vinyl as she suddenly put a hoof on Octavia's chest softly, trying to calm her down.

"Octy, we need to talk."

Octavia looked back into her crimson eyes, before retracting away from Vinyl's hoof, edging away before darting into her bathroom, located just inside her bedroom. She closed the bathroom door, and locked it, leaving the lights on.

Vinyl called out from outside the bathroom door, pleading Octavia to come out.

"Please Octy! I wont harm you!"

Octavia did not respond as she contemplated the existance of the supernatural.
"Okay octavia, you just found out your marefirend is a vampire, what now?"

She tryed to collect herself as she looked in the mirror, ignoring Vinyl outside the bathroom door.

"Somethings not right...Oh no... It can't be!" She gazed into the mirror, seeing her once turquoise eyes red, just like vinyl's
eyes did.

"Okay Octavia, there is no need to panic, just your mind playing tricks with you!" she grinned, but only to find a pair of fangs
Hanging from her gums.
"Oh no, this cant be good..." she suddenly felt thirsty, followed by a knock at the bathroom door, Vinyl saying calmly
"Can I come in now?"

---End of part 2---