• Published 21st Sep 2016
  • 366 Views, 1 Comments

The New Stars - Lightning--Dasher



Luna's boredom gets the best of her. Princess Celestia and Twilight try make Luna happy. One day Luna was in the Library and finds her old Constellations Book. It activated something in Luna, Anger? Happiness? Guilt? Pride?

  • ...
 1
 366

Chapter 1: Work,work and work

Under the night sky lies a castle deep in ruins, the castle of the Royal Sisters to be exact. A mare with a galaxy mane standing inside of its broken stone walls. Looking at what once was her castle, but destroyed by herself. All of the memories, still so clean and fresh.

"Why me?" Came from the mare, she was weeping, crying but she would never admit it.

"WHY ME!" Luna yelled, tears flowing down her cheeks. Remembering the past was just too much for our dear Luna to handle.

From no where, came a sparkly, green mist and from it emerged a letter. It came at the most worst time.

Luna read the letter slowly, she read

Dear Princess Luna

It looks like I have been called for some Royal duties in the Crystal Empire, Cadence is in need of some help. I am afraid that you will have to do my work for a few nights. I thought you might be the most sutiable to do it, after all, you are my sister. I have put your Night Guards to guard the castle in my absence. I called Twilight and her friends to help you out with the castle.

Please do not invite any other pony, all except for Twilight, Only Twilight and her friends are aloud to enter the castle. They might be an impending threat without me, just look out. Do not try leave the castle, it can also leave it at risk. Do not do anything outside of the castle, please, it is only a little task for a week, nothing more. Return as soon as possible please.

By your Sister
Princess Celestia

Luna's mind was enraged, 'Locked up in the castle with only Twilight, her friends and the guards?' Luna thought. Just the reminder of how it was to stay alone for a thousand years, it made Luna's heart break. She couldn't disobey her sister.

"Don't worry, I will be home soon" Luna said breaking down but shortly stopped and stood strong.

"I will rule and mind your land. I shall be known" Luna's final words were until she turned into a spark of light and disappeared.

*Canterlot Castle minutes later*

"Gosh, I wonder where the Princess is" Rarity said will a little worried expression.

"Don't worry, she will be here in a gif-" Rainbow said before being interrupted by a poof of magic nearby.

"Princess!" All six friends said before bowing, well, Twilight didn't bow because she is a Princess.

"Never thought you's would be here so soon childr-" Luna said before remembering that she use to say 'Children'.

"Never mind" Luna said in a flash knowing that they would act strangely to that.

All seven were chatting while walking through those once empty and quiet hallways that are now filled with laughter. They were heading their way to the Royal dining room, they were quiet hungry.

From no where, Rainbow Dash started complaining, "Please tell me it is not fancy food".

"Don't worry Rainbow Dash, I hate fancy food will all of my heart" Luna replied, followed by a little giggle from Luna.

"Well look lik' were er' " AppleJack interrupted.

All of them walked in and were all seated on the Royal dining table, eating whatever they desired.

After a few minutes of eating Luna had to go.

"I'm so sorry, but I must do some work" Luna said, it kind of made the other six upset.

"I never ment to upset you's, its just that-" Luna was interrupted.

"No need, we are 'YAWN' all tired Princess, well I am" Rainbow said, on the verge of sleeping.

"Well I must leave, by my fellow friends" Luna said before walking away.

"She must have quite some work if she is going this early" Flutteryshy said.

"I know right! I mean! I wanted to give her some cake and some muffins and some cookies and so-" Pinkie said before being interrupted.

"WE KNOW!" The other five shouted, Rainbow Dash was the loudest, especially because she is tired.

Without wasting time, Rainbow bolted into her room but before she said that she said Good Bye.

**Luna's Chambers**

"UGHHHH! What do I DO HERE?" Luna yelled in anger, she also but sound proof shield around her room so nopony would hear her.

Her work was quite hard, she couldn't decide between to be trade partners with the Gryphons or not, but to be fair, they are rude.

"I need.....help" Luna said while walking outside her room looking for Twilight. Fortunantly, Twilight was just passing Luna's chambers.

"Twilight..... Can I have some... help please?" Luna chuckled nerviously.

"Sure" Twilight replied while walking into Luna's dark chambers with her.

Twilight saw that Luna has finished most of her work, but she needed help with the remaining ones.

'Wow' Twilight thought to herself 'those are hard'.

"Well these are quite easy" Twilight said, she glanced at Luna and Luna was just full of confusion.

"WHAT!" Luna yelled in confusion and anger.

"Well....."

Luna and Twilight were doing the work together, listening to eachother.

*After they finished their work*

"Finished!" Twilight said happily.

"Finally" Luna said in relief.

'Knock Knock' Someone knocked on Luna's door.

"Come in" Luna said.

"Your majesty, more papers to sign" The Guard said calmy.

"Oh no..." Twilight said. Luna was filled with rage.

Luna raised both her front hooves in the hair and shouted "OH COME ON!". Right when she said 'ON' She stomped both her front hooves on the ground, creating a slight crack in their wake and her eyes turned pure white for a second.

Luna could never control her anger, no matter how hard she tried, it never worked.

"CMON TWILIGHT! Work to do" Luna said in fustration. Twilight and the the Guard are frozen still in one place from shock.

"R-right" Twilight said before starting to help the Princess of the Night.

*10 Minutes Later*

Luna went on a 5 minute break and right when she was comfterble, a guard came Crashing in.

"Your Majesty" They guard said in a hurry. Somehow she managed to bow at the same time.

"Princess Celestia has to stay at the Crystal Empire for another week" The guard said, waiting for a command.

Luna couldn't take it, she would rather be lonely that do work..... Unless....

Luna got a new Idea, she got a new note and wrote it in GOOD LUCK And told the Guard to send that to the Crystal Empire along with all the work. This had to work, right?

After the guard left, Luna rose her Moon.

Luna blinked, her eyes became reptile like. The ones she had like Nightmare Moon.

"You cant give me work, you already gave me misery sister. Time to return the favour" Nightmare Moon said before changing back into her normal self, Luna.

"I hope my warning finds you well" Luna said before trotting of to her room to do her own Royal duties, to control dreams.

Author's Note:

Thank you so much for reading! You are the best! Leave a like if you want me to continue!