• Published 26th Jun 2012
  • 2,980 Views, 74 Comments

Time, Space, and Paradoxes - Christophe



Powerful undead meets Equestria will he save it or be cast out?

  • ...
13
 74
 2,980

Homecoming

Charlotte was having the best dream. She was a kid again and running through the forest with her big brother at her side. They were running to see all their friends and when they reached the park they went their separate ways. She went to play on the swing and he to play touch football. Everything was fine until some kids bigger than even her brother came. They forced her to the ground and stood over her jeering and laughing. She closed her eyes and when she opened them she saw Gus delivering blow after blow to the bullies and then he looked back to her with the same eyes he had that day before. Blood red and filled with hate and rage but those weren't his eyes… not when she knew him.

--------------------

Charlotte bolted up straight in her bed with sweat running off of her. She pulled herself out of bed and gathered clothes for the day and the ones for her trip. Brother had told her yesterday night a friend had sent him a message telling him he could go back sometime today. She was excited to be going to another world even if it was much like this one and with her brother to boot but… she would miss the few friends she had made in the two months here. She closed her bag and took up her day clothes to head to the washroom. On the way out she noticed Paradox coming up the stair with two defining features. He was stark naked with blood running down the left side of his face.

"Gus! What are you doing!" She yelled while covering her eyes.

"Oh… Ya see, I forgot I was in a dimension where clothes aren't optional. So when I went to get my post shower pear I may or may not have shocked Fluttershy into a catatonic state," said Paradox as he walked back into his own room hopefully to put on his pants. Char rushed downstairs and just as Paradox had said Fluttershy was standing in the kitchen holding a dented frying pan with an open mouth, erect wings, and crimson face just staring off into space. Char shook her head went back to the washroom.

----------------------

Outside the Library a crowd had gathered to see off their other worldly friend. Paradox was bouncing on the balls of his feet waiting for the signal from Scourge while Charlotte finished her goodbyes. Celestia had even come out and formally banished Paradox for committing murder on her lands even if it was power mad Discord worshipers. Paradox just shrugged and continued to prepare for his return when Charlotte walked over to him.

"Ya know, you could stay Char… you don't have to come with me if you don't want," Paradox said.

"I'll miss them… but we need to be a family again and you need to save those innocents people in that world."

Paradox perked up as a familiar sensation washed over him. Scourge was ready for them. Paradox pulled Charlotte close to his body and wrapped his wings around her. Just like before his body ignited in pure energy and he took off. Just as he broke the barrier of reality he formed a shield around Charlotte.

-----------------------

Scourge stood patiently next to the cave entrance to Tartarus. He continued to channel the beacon for Paradox to follow until he felt the walls of reality bend nearby. He looked up as Paradox burst through the fabric of space and hurdled towards the ground doing his best to land on his back. Scourge quickly gripped Paradox with magic and set him on the ground. Paradox uncurled and retracted his wings revealing a similar looking female. Scourge raised an eyebrow at this and approached his friend.

"Who is the female Paradox?" Scourge asked.

"Oh, that's my sister Charlotte."

Charlotte was in awe of the spectacle before her. Her brother was conversing with a strange demonic looking pony with a tattoo on his flank. Some things Paradox had said were becoming more clear now, like the comment about optional clothes back at the cottage or his disguise. She had never thought to ask as she just associated it with him being weird like he used to be. This was crazy though. She then remembered he had said something about having a girlfriend. 'A girlfriend! Is she a talking pony!?" Char yelled inside her own mind. She didn't even register Scourge as he walked over to her.

"Hello my name is Scourge it is a pleasure to meet you." Char snapped out of it and extended her hand.

"Uhhhh… Hi I'm Charlotte…" Scourge reached out and shook her hand then after saying his goodbyes and retreating back into the cave.

Paradox moved over to Char and picked her up before unfurling his wings. He took to the air using his magic to locate Ponyville. Char was surprisingly quiet as she held on to Paradox. She even refused to make eye contact. Paradox started to get worried.

"What's the matter Char?"

"It's just… is everyone here a-"

"Pony?"

"Yeah…"

"I supposed I did forget to tell you about that."

"And you said you have a girlfriend is she a pony too?"

"Of course."

"And do you… love her…"

Paradox was taken aback by her question. Not even he could read her emotion on that one. He slowed his flying and landed in a nearby tree so they could iron things out before they returned.

"What do you mean Char?"

"I was just wondering if you love her even if she isn't… human."

"I guess so…"

"You guess?"

"Char… I'm not human anyway so that isn't an issue but the real question is can I love her. I mean I'm old enough to know what love at first sight is but I'm just so scared."

"You're scared?"

"I'm scared of breaking her heart if I ignore my feelings like I know I can but I'm more afraid of what I'll do if I admit I do care about her."

"Why is that?" Char hugged Paradox close.

"I'm afraid… that one day she will die and I'll still be here…"

Charlotte looked into his eyes and saw tears forming. Paradox was vividly remembering all the lost loves of his life. He had always told himself he would never do this again for fear of the pain. He never listened though because even if he hated to admit it he once a human… always a human.

"Maybe… maybe you can find a way to keep her with you…" Paradox's eyes grew wide at the thought.

Life must continue the cycle Paradox you know this best of all.

But prolonging life is the search of all mortal beings.

Celestia would never let it happen anyway.

Just think of all the fun we could have with our friends for eternity though!

"We should… we should talk about this later Char lets just get you home."

Paradox explained a few things before they reached Ponyville. Char had found the whole magical pony thing entrancing after she got used to it but she couldn't get over her brother loving another species. Paradox was more than happy to see her warming up to the idea and to see she had forgotten the conversation from before.

------------------------

Twilight was in a full blown panic. Paradox had been gone two and a half days and the princesses were coming soon to tell her something concerning him. The Doctor had come by with Trixie they day after he disappeared saying he had stayed behind to talk with the princesses. Since then Trixie had been staying at the library to await his return and apologized to Ponyville for her foolishness.

The princesses entered the library while Twilight was still pacing. Celestia quickly noticed her unkept mane and bloodshot eyes. Luna, however, was too busy looking solemn to notice. Celestia coughed to get Twilight and Trixie's attention. Twilight whipped around and rushed over to them with a pleading look in her eye.

"Princess where is he what happened!?" Twilight was so worried she disregarded formalities.

"-Cough- Well, Twilight after he removed Trixie from Canterlot Maximum Security he 'volunteered' to take her place until he escaped." Celestia tried to make eye contact but was failing miserably.

"Really? Oh I'm so relieved he-" Luna cut her off.

"Well, Twilight Sparkle he took his punishment in… Tartarus and the same night we felt his life force fade so either he is truly lost or gone full undead." Luna looked even more saddened by this.

Twilight sat back on her haunches as Trixie sobbed. The princesses said something but Twilight didn't notice. She was lost in her own mind. She thought he was invincible and that he would always be there for her and her friends. She stayed like that for some time just staring into space. Celestia and Luna left and returned with the other girls, The Doctor, Ditzy and the CMC with spike to inform them. Sadness filled the air as they all mourned the loss of their friend. The CMC cried their little eyes out along with Pinkie and Fluttershy; AJ, Spike, and Dash tried to contain themselves; Rarity and Ditzy were wailing as they clung to a sobbing Doctor. It was the picture of despair.

At the peak of sadness a shadow passed by the window. Nopony noticed the shadow as it passed. Twilight, however, could feel a disturbance in the for… I mean magic and snapped back to reality. She stared at the front door of the library waiting for something to happen when it burst off it's hinges and launched into the back wall. Paradox walked in followed by Char after delivering the door breach of the century.

"Fillies and Gentlecolt! Contain your orgasms for I have returned!" Paradox announced this as he very clearly stroked his ego.

"Paradox!" the ponies all said in unison sans Twilight. Twilight went from zero to sixty in no time flat as she propelled herself at Paradox. She latched onto his bare chest and refused to let go. He patted her back and supported her as she death hugged his torso.

"Hello Twi," Paradox said softly.

"I -sob- they told me -sob- you were -sob- DEAD!" Twilight broke into full blown tears.

"Me? Dead? HA, who told you that mess," Paradox looked over at the princesses and scowled, "Oh, them."

"But what happened to you then?" The Doctor was so curious it was giving him a migraine.

"Well, it went something like this. I made a new friend and we really hit it off. He helped me escape by having me go to another plane while he went to the gates of Tartarus. Once he got there he called me back but not before I found my long lost sister and brought her with me and now i'm 'ere with my sister."

The entire room looked stunned aside from Charlotte who had lived most of this. Celestia shook herself out of herself out of her catatonic state. She shook Luna and their eyes met as if they both new exactly what to ask.

"Who was this new friend Paradox?" Celestia wore a worried expression.

"It was Scourge," Celestia and Luna gasped.

The princesses excused themselves quickly and took off back towards Canterlot. Paradox smiled to himself as he felt his victory in derailing Lulu and Celly. He turned back to his friends and sibling with a wide grin. He pointed a finger at Pinkie.

"Pinkie! Get your cannon cause my sister needs a WELCOME PARTY!" Pinkie leapt into action with a smile plastered across her face.

-----------------------

The little party was going swimmingly for the most part. The ponies were enjoying themselves especially The Doctor because apparently he's a cuddly drunk and Ditzy was all over that. Charlotte was sitting by herself though. Paradox slinked into the darkness to appear behind her.

"What's got ya down Char?"

"Its just… they're just like the friends I had in the other world."

"Well, they are parallel versions of each other ya know."

"Yeah, Its kinda like I'm not losing them at all but now they're… ponies."

"You're stuck on that pony thing aren't you. It's only skin deep… hell it's not even that they are literally that picture of adorable. I should know I dated a giant spider woman."

"Thats weird Gus." Char giggled.

"You act like I don't know that. Anyway go talk to them maybe they could set you up with somepony nice."

"Fine… I'll go talk to them and maybe I should find someone to date. It could be nice for me to get out there and Rarity looks just as good here mmhmm…"

"Haha exactly."

Realization in three, two, one…

"Wait what!?"

A/N: Sorry about taking so long I was busy between xbox and reading and this new Idea about a steampunk n'er do well. Anyway next chapter is gonna be more slice of life with the beginning of the next conflict thrown in.