• Published 4th Sep 2016
  • 267 Views, 0 Comments

Cracks - Lunarevel



Emotions can be the heaviest of burdens. They can break you in places that cannot be fixed all the while you're nothing more than an innocent bystander. Does she find solace or are her cracks fatal? Find out for yourself in this rather short story...

  • ...
 0
 267

Prologue

"You know how flowers grow from a simple seedling into a beautiful decor?" thought the pink mare. "How it's possible to move them from where they were first to wherever you think is going to be better?" the concept kept provoking her mind as she stared out of the window, light rain tapping the surface of the glass pane and dusk choking the orange rays shot across the somewhat cloudy sky.

"Relatable to us, ponies? Perhaps... " she looked down at the empty flower pot resting on the ledge outside of the window, only wet soil drowning inside. "They don't have a say in it. Whether they're planted or not. Whether they remain where they are watered and trimmed or moved to where they might rot and be uncared for," the rain slowly became less merciful and more intense as her eyes slightly moved to the edge of the pot, noticing the familiar triagonal crack.

For a short while she watched as the soil became more and more soaked in the rain, overfilling in the end. Instead of the water dripping off of the edges, however, it simply streamed out of the crack, "And if they aren't cared for too well, they might get dropped, for they are only as fragile as their pots. Crack them anywhere... " the pink mare turned, walking over to the other room accompanied by the sound of rain thumping on the windows and bluntly sliding down the roof canal, "And water will leak."

Just as she finished the thought, she closed the door to the bedroom, night already whispering a gentle breeze that slid over one stem of grass at a time, bending them in wet waves across the dark horizon.