• Published 2nd Sep 2016
  • 1,360 Views, 27 Comments

Guitar Hero: Equestria Girls - ThePegaKris



Four of our powerhouse girls must rock and roll all the way to the top if they want to become the best Guitar Hero band in the world.

  • ...
3
 27
 1,360

12. The Rainbooms vs. The Enforcers

"As we're watching this battle before the last, I notice that I've felt something change." Sunset Shimmer thought. "Twice in this Guitar Hero tournament, magic was used quite drastically, and I can't tell if it's cheating or not. If I said it was the former, my friends would probably disagree with me on that. I just don't want them to be disappointed with all the fun they're having, despite the magic. I was the girl who told all of my friends at Camp Everfree to embrace the magic, but now it seems like I have lost that ability! We know for a fact that it follows us everywhere we go, so is it really something to fear or embrace?"

"Something wrong, Sunset?" A.J. checked her out and she returned to reality.

"Uhh, nothing, Applejack!" She faked a smile.

"Come on, don't lie to her, Sunset." Rainbow negotiated. "She can tell whether if something's up or not."

"I'm sorry, but I'm not hiding anything! I'm just thinking, that's all!"

"If you insist." Pinkie didn't mind. "Even if you're not hiding something from your friends, there's no need to keep it unspoken of. We'll always help you out if there's a problem!"

"Thanks Pinkie, but really, I've said all that I need to." Sunset said. A.J. went from a suspicious look to a firm one, letting Sunset know that she won't try to get anything else out of her. "It's hard for me to see who will win the semifinals!"

"Yeah, our initial thought is Starlight still, but she's pretty leveled with Quibble Pants' band right now, if you ask me." Rainbow went out on a limb.

"Let's just see who can hang in there, y'know?" A.J. requisitioned. "It's anypony's, I-I mean, anyone's game at this point."

"Did I hear you correctly?" Sunset turned to Applejack, only to burst out into a bit of giggling. She vigorously shook her head.

"Sorry, force of habit!" A.J. excused. Recalling what Rainbow Dash said about who would win, she went along with her. "But yeah, Starlight's got this!"

At the center of the stage, Countess Coloratura and James Hetfield got as thrilled as they could, being that this is the last day of the Guitar Hero tournament. Sunset's friends in the audience were enjoying themselves as well.

"Well, would you look at this?" James casted upon Rara. "A full house giving their full attention to two full bands at once!" The host agreed with him.

"Tell me about it, James!" Rara appraised. "I, for one, really love the drummers here! Button and Cheese are assaulting like crazy!"

"Good thing there's a lot of batteries in these controllers!" James mentioned. He then took a quick glance at Starlight Glimmer and Amethyst Star's right hands. "Look at the downpicking of the guitar players!"

"Aww, that's cool!" Rara said. "I don't think anyone can come close to your level of downpicking, however! It's the most natural and good picking I've ever seen."

"Why, thank you, Miss Coloratura!" The vocalist replied.

The two hosts continued to stand back and watch the semifinals. With no effort, the Dazzlings made it inside the theater. The three demonic singers tucked themselves into a dark corner.

"Just follow my moves and sneak around." Adagio whispered. She was checking both ways before advancing. "Be careful not to make a sound."

"Ooh, that rhymed!" Sonata alluded.

"Can't we just take them on now, Adagio?" Aria badgered, only to get shushed by her leader.

"Quiet!" Adagio demanded. "We'll wait until the Rainbooms have their matchup with the Enforcers, which is the name of the other band, I believe."

"If the Rainbooms lose to them, then what?" Sonata asked.

"Either way, they're still going down!" Adagio vowed. Sonata and Aria continued to follow her until they found Rara's dressing room. "We can hide out in here in the meantime."

The Dazzlings then entered the room and found a guard by the wardrobe. "Hey, who are you?" As he tried to pull out his walkie-talkie to call for backup, the three harmonized to summon their Siren forms, which knocked the guard out heavily.

"An earthquake?" Sunset felt the ground shake. "There's obviously no fault lines in this city."

"I didn't feel anything." Rainbow Dash shrugged. "Maybe it's how hard these guys are playing! I love it!"

"Yeah, but I think it must've been coming from back here." Sunset tilted her head towards the dressing room. She went to it immediately. "I'll be right back!"

"Where ya going, Sunset?" Applejack inquired. "Starlight's winning right now and we're about to go on."

"Come back!" Pinkie cried.

"This'll just take a sec." Sunset called out.

As Sunset Shimmer walked towards Rara's dressing room, the Dazzlings were hearing her footsteps near the door. They quietly panicked and butted heads. Not surprisingly, a pop star like Countess Coloratura would have a very big wardrobe in her dressing room.

"Quick, hide!" as Adagio took cover in one of the closets.

"Eeeek!" as Sonata went to hide behind the couch facing the door.

"Aaah!" as Aria slid underneath the couch.

When Sunset opened the door, the Dazzlings were out of sight, trying to hide. However, the girl noticed the guard's unconscious body laying down on the floor. "What happened here?" She took a closer look around. "Hmm, I guess this guy fell asleep on the job just looking at all these cool outfits, hehe! Oh well, I've got to get on stage!" Sunset left the dressing room.

The Dazzlings took a deep breath and got out of their hiding spots as Sunset left. Adagio locked the door from the inside. "Next time, turn off the lights, and secondly, hide our evidence!"

"That should've been your job, Aria!" Sonata bashed. Aria slapped her across the face again.

"My job? Someone lazy like you could at least do something productive for once!" Aria continued to argue with her vigorously. "Did you ever think about any inspectors, Adagio?"

"For once, you're actually right!" Adagio accepted. "Maybe I should've listened to Stone a bit more often, but no, our precious gemstones are more important than him at this point!"

In the audience outside, Sci-Twi, Fluttershy, Rarity, Spike, and Coco were continuing to watch Starlight's band play until the end. In contrast to their opponents, they had two and a half million points, while the Savages only had two million. Babs Seed had a higher vocal range than Quibble Pants, Starlight's fretting hand was faster than Amethyst Star's, Suri had better bass timing than Saffron, and Cheese couldn't stop dropping the beat.

"Maybe these guys aren't so bad after all!" Adagio, while looking at a TV, had a smirk. "What do you say we add them to our checklist, girls?"

"But these Enforcers, or whatever they're called, don't have Equestrian magic!" Aria apprised. "What use do they serve to us?"

"I think I've figured it out!" Sonata imagined herself with a lightbulb over her head. "At the Battle of the Bands, it isn't Equestrian magic that makes the Rainbooms their strongest, it's their friendship. So, they must look like they're friends with this Starlight Glimmer!"

"How did you think of something that smart, Sonata?" Aria's eyes widened.

"No, she's actually right...for once!" Adagio caught on. Her two friends looked at her confusingly. "This Twilight Sparkle seems to know a lot about friendship and the connection between her and her friends feels very strong! What if we feed off of that magic?"

"Will friendship make us no longer evil?" Sonata minded.

"Nonsense, we're still going to be evil!" Adagio replied. She started to giggle out of control. "Once we see the Rainbooms all together at once, we'll make them as powerless as possible!"

"They're obviously going to fight back against us, you know?" Aria reminded. Her leader met her with a long face.

"This time, we'll play by their rules and actually compete in this tournament!" Adagio confirmed. Sonata and Aria looked at her like she was crazy.

"But, there's only three of us, so who's going to be our fourth player?" Sonata asked.

"I will sing and play the guitar at the same time!" Adagio came up with that idea.

"Are you sure you know what you're doing, Adagio?" Aria reckoned. She felt uncomfortable with her plan, while Sonata enjoyed it as she couldn't feel more excited than ever. "I guess I'm on bass, then!"

"Drums for me!" Sonata raised her hand. With her loud voice, her two other friends shushed her harshly. Then, she went back to her hiding spot.

"Sorry Savages, but your time is up!" James uttered outside on stage with a frown. Everyone in the audience was in shock and awe. "Congratulations on making it this far!" The band's spirits were lifted, even after they lost.

"It was such an honor to have you here, you guys!" Countess Coloratura flattered herself. "Before you leave, I would you like to give you something very special!" The pop star clapped her hands, prompting two of her staff to bring out a trophy.

It read '3rd Best Guitar Hero Band Ever.' It wasn't as big as the first place trophy that the Rainbooms saw in Rara's apartment, but it was fairly big, nonetheless. Each of the Ponyville Savages looked happy, knowing that they've earned something after battling to the very end of their run.

"Here you go, guys!" as Mr. Hetfield handed the trophy to Quibble Pants. He held it up high with his fellow band members. "Everybody, give it up for the Ponyville Savages!"

The crowd cheered wildly like never before on the very last day of the tournament. Even the rest of Sunset Shimmer's friends applauded for both the Enforcers and the Savages. The latter took a bow and welcomed the crowd's praise before they got off stage and the former gave them their support by clapping, too.

"Whew, that was something!" as Starlight wiped off her sweat.

"Them fellas did fight hard!" Babs admitted.

"Heh, tell me about it!" Suri chortled.

"Woooo!" Cheese exhilarated.

"Ehh, hey, Rainbow Dash!" Quibble Pants greeted his friend backstage. She and her friends waved back. "So, we just lost!"

"We saw everything, Quibble." Sunset ratified. "We're sorry that you and your band just lost. I'll admit that Starlight Glimmer shouldn't be messed with!"

"Noted!" Quibble smiled again.

"Thank you!" Saffron Masala exalted. "I guess you must know her then! She did cook up some exquisite tricks!"

"Bummer, ain't it?" Amethyst looked gloomy. "I'm sure Twilight enjoyed watching us, right?"

"You're friends with Twilight?" A.J. interjected. "Which one?"

"There are two Twilight Sparkles?" Amethyst scratched her head. "Well, in case you forgot Applejack, I'm friends with the one who seems to not be around from here. Is Equestria the name of the place where she's from?"

"Yes, exactly!" Pinkie Pie jumped. "Girls, you do remember that I used to live in Ponyville, right? So, I took Princess Twilight on a trip down memory lane there back then! I had good times..."

"Maybe too much." Sunset whispered in Rainbow Dash's ear, and then they giggled.

"I hope my mom won't be sad over our loss!" Button Mash bit into his fingernails.

"Aren't ya a bit too young to be competing here, sugarcube?" A.J. patted his head.

"Nope!" Button straightened his propeller hat. "My mom allowed me to compete and plus, Countess Coloratura has no age limit in her rules!"

"Rara really loves children..." A.J. thought relatively of her childhood friend. She rolled her eyes but while in a good mood.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, it's FINALLY time...for the grand finale of our first annual Guitar Hero tournament!" Rara spoke with pride.

The audience all stood up from their seats, ready to get crazy like never before for the last battle. With the Ponyville Savages eliminated, the Manehattan Enforcers will finally go up against the Canterlot Rainbooms.
Both Twilights, Spike, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Coco have also risen up to wish their friends the best of luck, hoping that the money and trophy will be claimed by them.

"Can we please have the Rainbooms come up to the stage?" James Hetfield started.

"This is it!" Sunset was on edge. "Ready girls?"

"Ready!!!" Rainbow, A.J., and Pinkie huddled up.

"1, 2, 3, Rainbooms Forever!" All the Rainbooms chanted. They have now officially went to the top of the stage.

"Good luck!" The Ponyville Savages supported.

On stage, the Rainbooms and Enforcers are looking at each other, face to face. Half of the inside and outside were screaming, "Rainbooms, Rainbooms, Rainbooms!" The other half of the everywhere cheered, "Enforcers, go!"

"Excellent!" James snickered. "The rules will pretty much be the same, except that both bands will actually be using both kits. There will be two rounds and whoever wins both, wins the trophy and grand money prize!"

"But, if there's a tie, then we will go to the sudden death round." Rara warned. "Remember, the highest score is what we're looking for! Does each band understand?"

"Yes ma'am!" Both the Rainbooms and Enforcers agreed.

"Good, then shake hands and get to your spots!" James ordered.

"May the best band win!" Both bands shook each other hands and walked in opposite directions.

"You can do this, girls!" The rest of Sunset's group united.

"James, my dear, you have the honors this time!" Rara said. "Would you be kind enough to select one of our very last songs?"

"With pleasure!" as her co-host activated the song screen. "Let's see what we have here.... Aha! How about one of my band's tunes?"

"Very well!" Rara replied. "Folks, you're going to help us count in again, okay? Rainbooms, are you ready?" She pointed to her left.

"Ready!" They nodded.

"Enforcers, are you ready?" Rara pointed to her right.

"Ready!" The opponents notified her.

"Five!" Everyone yelled. "Four!"

"Three!" James counted.

"Two!" Countess Coloratura counted.

"One..." Everyone joined back in. "GO!!!"

James Hetfield started up the song with the remote control and both bands were off. Meanwhile, the Dazzlings are witnessing the first round of the finals on TV inside of Rara's dressing room. They locked the door from inside so no one can catch them.

"Remember girls, we want to save the good stuff for when our full power has been restored!" Adagio clinched her gemstone necklace.

"Didn't you say that back at Canterlot High?" Aria wheezed.

"Yes, but this time, we will actually win!" The leader of the Dazzlings laughed dementedly. "I think I've found who exactly will be our main meal!"

"Who is it?" Sonata Dusk wondered.

"Sunset Shimmer." Adagio suspected. "Back then, she seemed to be the key to our defeat, and now we have to take her out first."

"What about her friends?" Aria reminded.

"It will be easy to eliminate them once we get rid of their precious leader!" Adagio planned. "There's only three of us, yet we somehow managed to overpower six of Sunset Shimmer's friends! It's perfect, I'm telling you!"

"She has a point!" Sonata went along with Adagio's plan.

"Since when did YOU make a good point?" Aria bickered.

"Since when did YOU..." Sonata fought back, but was cut off by Adagio.

"Enough, you two! You can go back to your usual cat fights after we get our revenge on the Rainbooms. Right now, they are actually doing well against these Enforcers, if I do say so myself."

"I thought you'd never compliment anyone else except for us." Aria pointed at Adagio. At this point, the Dazzlings were arguing with each other for no reason. Aria got up from the couch and peeked out the door. "No sign of security."

"That's good, so at least we can have fun with each other in the meantime!" Sonata screeched.

"Not like that!" Adagio groaned. "And by fun, you must mean us destroying the Rainbooms, right?"

"Ehh, right!" The blue-haired girl twitched. "I'm really digging these new guys, by the way!"

"Doesn't matter, they're not important." Aria obstructed her friend.

"This whole world's going down anyway right after we get rid of the Rainbooms!" Adagio bulked up. "HAHAHAHA!"

"SHHH, QUIET!" Aria shushed.

"...Whoops, silly me!" Adagio simmered down. "Hey girls, who do you think owns this dressing room? It's literally dazzling! See what I did there?" She checked the door and on it was a star labeled 'Countess Coloratura.' "Ah, so this must be Applejack's best friend!"

"How in the world do you know THAT?" Sonata questioned her leader but got slapped in return. "Oww!"

"You idiot! What else did you think we've been doing these past few months besides spying on these seven girls? And you better not say anything about our taco trips!"

"I'll pass!" Sonata gulped.

Back to the main event, the Rainbooms and the Enforcers went head to head using their best efforts. Sunset and Babs were vocalizing in tune, Rainbow tried to outsolo Starlight, A.J. had to keep her basslines intact against Suri, and Pinkie wouldn't let Cheese drop a better drumbeat.

"This is a tough one!" Sci-Twi claimed. "Even with magic, this match would still be neck and neck for the girls."

"Yeah, especially since our friends and Starlight's friends are within the same score range, which is three million points." Princess Twilight contemplated. "What do you think, Spike?"

"Difficult." The dog disclosed.

"I really hope Sunset wins this for us!" Fluttershy entreated.

"Come on!" Coco recited.

"Beat them, ladies!" Rarity hurried.

"Wow, this is so crazy!" Sour Sweet came forth from her seat. "Your friends look like they're in trouble, Fluttershy. I hope they can still win!"

"I hope so too!"

"It seems like neither band wants to give up, nor go down yet, James!" as Rara beamed the competition. "Wait, no! The Rainbooms have a slight advantage now with Star Power!"

"Uh-oh, the Enforcers have some as well!" James spoke. "It's a race to the finish!"

"Oooorah!" A random guy howled in the audience. "This is rock and roll!"

"Crap, it's going to be close!" Sci-Twi stood up. "C'mon girls!"

"Language." Fluttershy and Rarity spoke softly.

"Cut, and that's a wrap!" Both hosts finished and so did the song. "The first round goes to the Rainbooms, with four and a half million points!"

Everyone outside and inside watching all had mixed reactions at the end. Some were shocked, disappointed, or excited by the Rainbooms victory. Even though they won the first round of the finals, the girls kind of worked themselves up too much. During all the cheering and booing, both bands had to stretch for a bit.

In Rara's dressing room, the Dazzlings just witnessed their number one enemies win the first round. Adagio was actually clapping slowly for them, but Sonata and Aria weren't having any of it.

"Impressive." Adagio admitted.

"It would've been if the song was different!" Aria complained. "It's not heavy enough!"

"As in heavy metal?" Sonata asked, but received yet even more slaps across her face from Adagio and Aria. "Oww, how many times are going to do that to me? That really hurts!"

"Okay, we will be gentle...when you stop asking so many stupid questions!" The leader mumbled out of her mind.

"What she said!" Aria parted ways.

"James, will you excuse me for a bit?" Rara requested. "I've gotta get the trophy ready for the champions!"

"Of course, but where is it?"

"Inside my dressing room." Rara confirmed. "The money is in the security room, too."

"Okay, I'll take it from here while you get the trophy." James said.

"Thank you!" as Rara proceeded to go offstage.

"Shoot, we were so close!" Babs raged. "Just a single point away from victory!"

"I really need to take it easy!" Rainbow huffed. "This ain't the first time I've been in a tight situation like this since Camp Everfree!"

"Neither have I!" Sunset attempted to breathe in and out.

"We'll get them this round, hehe!" Suri chuckled and readjusted her strap.

"Hmm?" Rara looked confused. "I don't remember locking my door at all today. Ah, it's a good thing I always have the keys! Lester must really love being secure!"

"Shh, hide again!" Adagio whispered. Then, the Dazzlings returned to their hiding spots.

"Lester?" Rara tapped on his unconscious body. "No pulse... Who could've done this to him? Meh, I don't have time for this! A.J. and her friends need me, so I'm just going to pick this up and get back on stage where I belong! Sorry man..." She picked up the trophy, turned off the lights, and left the room.

"Okay, who forgot to hide this guy's corpse?" as Adagio examined the guard.

"It was her fault!" Sonata and Aria both pointed at each other.

"Aargh, whatever!" Their leader passed off. "After this last round, it will be our time! Nobody will stop us!"

"MWWHAHAHA!!!" All three Dazzlings laughed demonically.

"I'm back!" Countess Coloratura rushed to her position. "I thought you were going to start without me!"

"I wouldn't want you to miss a single bit of this!" James insisted.

"Oh, you're very sweet, thanks!" Rara blushed. "Ahem, so where were we?" The host picked up her microphone and placed the trophy on a table. "If the Rainbooms win again, then they will victoriously go home with the grand prize! However, the Enforcers still have a chance to redeem themselves in this next match!"

"Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen." James pretended to put out a hat. "Just kidding, don't gamble!" No one got the joke. "For this next song, it'll be something emotional but epic at the same time!"

"I think I know what song you're talking about, James!" Rara caught on. "This time, may I start it up?"

"This is your tournament after all, so knock yourself out!"

"Ready Rainbooms?" The pop star pointed to the left again.

"Ready!" as the four powerhouse girls readied themselves.

"Enforcers, are you ready?" The pop star pointed to the right again.

"Yes ma'am!"

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Begin!" Rara started the next or last song.

Just like that, both bands went off once again. Unlike the last song, this one was a bit slower. According to James Hetfield, it's one of his favorites. For the record, Sunset wouldn't mind a change in style. After all, she gets to lead the girls to victory...or defeat. But, nobody unexpectedly looked more nervous than A.J.'s friend, Rara, since she really supports her hometown.

"Hmm, this game's missing something." Hetfield stated.

"What's that?" Rara minded.

"A rhythm guitar player!" Her co-host cried. "Without one, the band is incomplete! The game makes you play both rhythm and lead in one, but you can't see each one separately!"

"Maybe you should write a book about that..." Rara said under her breath. "The Enforcers are off to a great start, people! They're taking a bit of a big lead on the Rainbooms."

"Hey, what gives?" as Spike sat up in Fluttershy's lap. "Why are they behind?"

"I don't know!" Sci-Twi panicked. "This is only just the beginning of the song, they can catch up!"

"Sir, can you please get off of me?" Princess Twilight found herself being hustled by a crazed fan.

"Oh, I don't like where this is going." Rarity concluded. "Shall I do that thing again?"

"We can't use magic anymore, Rarity!" Fluttershy stopped her from activating her geode. "Sunset wants us to lay off of it unless it's a REAL emergency!"

"Even I can't bring myself to use my own magic!" Princess Twilight exchanged worried looks with Fluttershy. Both of them nodded at each other, knowing that it's wrong to use magic for the third time during the tournament. "We must not let any casualties happen due to magic!"

"Didn't you use it on that Stone guy before, Miss Rarity?" Coco pulled on her shirt.

"Yes, but that was a very tempting accident, dear. I had to do it, otherwise Stone would beat us! Mmm, now that I'm saying this again, I feel like it would be such an unfair, competitive move."

"It's not your fault, Rarity." Sci-Twi reassured. "At least, you had it in yourself to stop using your magical geode and the same goes for the other me with my geode!" The Princess of Friendship smiled awkwardly after hearing this.

"Geez, our friends are down by about 500K points." Fluttershy frowned. "But just like Twilight said, they can still catch up!"

"With a big gap like that?" Spike looked up at her. "We'll have to keep watching in order to find out. Zzz..."

"Are you seriously sleeping at a time like this, Spike?" Sci-Twi ranted.

"Hnngh, yeah..." He stretched his paws and laid flat on his back. "Wake me up when the girls win..."

In Rara's dressing room, the Dazzlings were warming up their voices while watching the second round of the finals. Their sitting positions were those of actual meditators. Not a surprise to the other two, Adagio's voice is that of the girl who will brook no argument with her plans.

"That was barely worth the effort, Adagio." Aria slumped down.

"The energy in this world isn’t the same as in Equestria. We can only gain so much power here."

"Wait a minute, haven't you two said those words before the Battle of the Bands?" Sonata asked. Her tone gives her away as probably not being the brightest bulb in the box. "For realsies, I think it's true!"

"For realsies, you have finally asked a good question!" Adagio grinned sarcastically.

"Yay!" Sonata cheered.

"Psst, and that will always be the best question from you..." Aria whispered. This time, she gets slapped by Sonata.

"Jerk."

"Perhaps we can hold off the Rainbooms until a bit later!" Adagio thought. "I want the three of us to toy around with the Enforcers!"

"But I thought we all knew that they don't have Equestrian magic." Aria rephrased. "Just because they're beating the Rainbooms this round doesn't mean we have to go and face them."

"Just follow my lead." Adagio said. "The weaker ones go bye bye first and the stronger ones shall bid the world farewell, hehe!"

"I'm on board with this plan!" Sonata raised her hand. "I think I say that all the time, don't I?"

"No kidding." Aria and Adagio let out to each other silently.

"Grr!" Rainbow Dash cracked on stage. "This is too painful!"

"At least the lyrics are over." as Sunset dusted her microphone.

"This is our chance!" Babs praised. Her band's score almost passed eight million points, with the Rainbooms behind at 7.7 million. "Don't let up, pals!"

"Ooh, this is not looking good for the Rainbooms!" James bit his lip.

"You imbecile!" Rara facepalmed. "You wrote the song. Did you already know what was going to happen?"

"No, not at all!" James freaked out.

"Good, because I was just about to stop this entire thing and throw you out of here for destroying the rules!" The pop star felt empowered.

"Please don't do that, it'll make my band look worse!" The rhythm guitarist begged.

"Then don't pull off any stupid stunts." Rara sealed her lips.

"Star Power, go!" as Pinkie activated it. "Get higher, score!"

"I'm trying to help!" Applejack called out. "Shoot!"

"NOOO!!!" The rest of Sunset's friends in the audience all embraced each other tightly.

"Huff, huff, huff." Rainbow panted. "It's...too much."

"Game over!" Rara announced as the song ended. "The Enforcers win the second round of the finals!"

"They have amazingly accumulated a score of 8.2 million points, beating the Rainbooms' score of eight million!" James Hetfield inspected. "Give 'em a round of applause, folks!" The audience, except for Sunset's friends, did so.

"Nnmm, did they win?" Spike woke up.

"No, Spikey-Wikey." Rarity disappointed him. "They lost."

"But they still have one more chance, right?" Fluttershy hoped.

"Yes, but Sunset, Rainbow, A.J., and Pinkie all look pretty tired after this song." Sci-Twi noticed. Her other counterpart hummed in agreement to that. At this point, Sunset's friends all looked sad, but they weren't ready to give up. "There's no way those four are going to lose! Not then and not now!"

Both Twilights, Spike, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Coco all laid a hand on each other's shoulders. They took deep breaths as they were getting ready for the sudden death round. Sunset had to clear her throat, Rainbow had to shake her wrists, A.J. had to stretch, and Pinkie had to get up from her chair.

"We're tied, and there's only one thing left to do." Sunset ran out of breath.

"What's that, Sunset?" Rainbow tried to comfort her friend.

"Win. For our friends and everyone we care about. Are you three with me one last time?"

"We are!" Rainbow, A.J., and Pinkie replied.

"1, 2, 3, Rainbooms Forever!" All four band members chanted.

"This is it, ladies and gentlemen!" Rara said into the microphone. "It all comes down to the sudden death round! To do something special this time, may I ask both singers to step down?"

"Yes ma'am!" Sunset and Babs obeyed on opposite sides of the stage.

"It's an instrumental battle, so no vocals are required for this last round." James said. "Understand?"

"Yes sir!" Both leaders cooperated.

"Okay, you may be seated!" James offered. Sunset and Babs shook hands and stood by their bands' sides. "It's a three on three of the century!"

"More like...a rematch of the century!!!" Adagio came out of nowhere.

"That voice..." Sunset overheard. "No, it can't be!"

"The Dazzlings!" The other three Rainbooms pointed at them.

"That's right, Rainbooms!" Aria stuck her thumb at her friends. "We are back!"

"And we're here to kick your butt once and for all!" Sonata proposed.

"Who are these thieving ladies?" Rara was blown out of her mind.

"Security!" James yelled.

As soon as a few guards showed up, the Dazzlings harmonized to summon their Siren forms again and tied up the guards using a magical rope. They couldn't move their feet or arms. When everybody tried to run for the doors, the Dazzlings sang, causing the doors to be magically locked.

"Where does everybody think they're going?" Adagio smirked. "You're right about one thing, Countess Coloratura: the world shouldn't miss this!"

Sunset's friends went to join them on stage and all nine of them were together. Coco remained in her seat as she couldn't move like everyone else due to their fear.

"What do YOU three want with us?" Sunset grew so curious. "Did stepping in to save my friends prove nothing to you?"

"Oh, of course you proved something to us, Sunset Shimmer!" Adagio responded. "You actually have a heart! We didn't think you had it in you to turn things around the Battle of the Bands!"

"She-Demon was a part of me, but not anymore! I've changed dramatically and I've helped my best friends overcome even more obstacles!"

"You mean an obstacle as weak as Gloriosa Daisy?" Aria brought up.

"How does she know about my sister?" as Timber was watching everything in another room.

"How do you know about Camp Everfree?" Sci-Twi demanded an answer.

"I'll give you a hint: it starts with an s and it rhymes with lying!" Sonata giggled.

"You've been spying on us?" Princess Twilight angered. "How long have you been doing so?"

"Ding ding ding!" Adagio laughed. "Ever since we lost to you, we've been following you around for quite some time now! We even found out that you have a new Twilight Sparkle! If only that Principal Cinch taught you better..."

"Principal Cinch?" as Sci-Twi fixed her glasses. "What does she have to do with this?"

"Wait!" Aria halted. "We peeked on Sunset Shimmer after she tried to chase you on to that bus one day, so we followed that exact bus all the way to Crystal Prep Academy! Principal Cinch was actually dumb enough to believe that we were exchange students about to attend her school!"

"It was a really fun plan!" Sonata felt a lot of joy. "She had to make us go home the first day since we were new and the Friendship Games were happening, too!"

"Son of a..." Rainbow Dash almost snapped. "Then what?"

"Camp Everfree was our next stop." Adagio explained. "This Filthy Rich guy that we ran into managed to hitch us a ride with him in his limousine and as soon as he arrived at the camp, we snuck into the woods and forged shelter. We luckily kept ourselves free from Gaia Everfree, or should I say, Gloriosa Daisy's evil clutches!"

"She ain't evil, it ain't her fault!" A.J. defended in memory of the camp director. "Honestly, you three have been making dirtier moves than a bull!"

"And I'm proud of what we've accomplished!" Adagio clapped her hands.

"Sunset, look around their necks!" Pinkie pointed at the Dazzlings.

"I see. How in the world do you have those gemstones again?"

"Let's just say that our old buddy, Heiru, was kind enough to fix them up for us!" Sonata mentioned. "It's too bad we didn't get to repay him properly! We just killed him!"

"Oh yeah?" Princess Twilight tried to make a comeback. "You're not the only one with magic!" She pointed at her friends' magical geodes.

"How do you like these apples?" A.J. was determined to fight back.

"Like fighting fire with fire, huh?" Aria asked.

"We've beaten you clowns once and we can do it again!" Pinkie claimed.

"I'd love to see you try!" Adagio crossed her arms.

"Not so fast, girls!" Starlight Glimmer stepped in. "If you want to get to my friends, you're going to have to get through us, first!"

"Agreed, hehe!" Suri chuckled.

"Bring it on, Dazzlings!" Cheese put up his fists.

"Starlight, what are you doing?" Sunset worried. "These girls, or rather, musical creatures are too dangerous for you! Leave it to us!"

"Don't worry, Sunset!" Starlight put a hand on her shoulder. "Let's see how they feel about being humiliated in a video game! I've heard from you a long time ago that the Dazzlings sing really well, but can they play really well?"

"I was going to ask you the same thing, Starlight Glimmer!" Adagio returned the favor. "Have no fear, we'll play by Miss Coloratura's rules and actually play the game!"

"Babs, stand down." Starlight instructed. "This is an instrumental round, after all."

"B-but, I..."

"It's alright, Babs!" Starlight ameliorated herself and Babs. "Call your Crusader friends in the meantime and tell them that you're a little bit busy, okay?"

"...Okay." The Enforcers' lead singer finally sat down.

"Mr. Hetfield, why don't you go and get the song ready for us?" Adagio politely requested. She picked up the guitar, Aria picked up the bass, and Sonata picked up the other drumsticks.

"Y-yes ma'am!" as he nervously stood up.

"E-Enforcers, are you...r-ready?" Rara attempted to focus.

"Ready!" The three looked fierce and ready to go.

"D-Dazzlings, are you ready?" Rara pointed to the left.

"Of course we are!" They rushed her.

"Th-three?" James counted.

"T-two!" Rara uttered.

"One!" Both hosts spit out. "Go!" The song started up.

"Be careful, Starlight!" Sunset and all of her friends supported.

The song quickly threw in a bass riff which kept Suri and Aria on their feet. The two mashed buttons in an attempt to reach the top of the scoreboard. Right now, this was a battle to see who will face the Rainbooms once and for all. Originally, the Enforcers were supposed to go up against them, all until the Dazzlings showed up.

"If my friends win this, then you better get your darn flanks out of here!" Babs negotiated.

"Deal!" as Adagio came in with some guitar riffs. "But, you better pray that they actually do win, because it doesn't look like it's about to happen so far, little one!"

"MWAHAHAHA!" All three Dazzlings burst out satanically.