• Published 21st Aug 2016
  • 3,559 Views, 51 Comments

A Wonderbolt's Spark - Sapphire Rose 12



Soarin likes Rainbow Dash and enlists his best friends to get her to go to the Gala with him. Will Rainbow Dash accept?

  • ...
3
 51
 3,559

Chapter 4: A Good Deed

Soarin had been like this all morning. Hiding his face with his hooves.

"It's not a total loss, dude," Orange Breeze comforted. "It worked... in a reverse kind of way."

"It is a total loss," Soarin moaned. "I held onto her and now she probably thinks i'm a scaredy pony."

"No, I think she likes you," Dust Storm said.

"How can you be so sure?" Soarin asked.

"Well, notice how when she talks to others, she has sort of a high-pitched raspy voice," Dust Storm told them. "But when she's around Soarin, it gets more low-pitched."

"It does?" Soarin said.

Rainbow Dash was walking past. "Hey there, guys!" she said in her normal voice. She caught sight of Soarin and her voice immediately dropped a few octaves, making it sound a little flirty. "Hey, Soarin."

She walked away.

"Oh my gosh, that's weird," Soarin claimed.

"You're on trial three," Cloud Blaze said. "Do something nice for her."

Soarin nodded, slowly. He hoped he wouldn’t mess up.



After the practice ended, Soarin saw Rainbow Dash struggling with two heavy looking saddlebags.

Soarin jumped at his chance. "Let me help you with your saddlebags."

"Thank you, Soarin," Rainbow Dash said, relieved. She dumped her saddlebags off on Soarin and trotted away.

Soarin grunted, loudly. The bags felt like he was holding a baby elephant on his back.

"What are in these things?! Rocks?!"

He accidently spilled the bags from their weight and a bunch of rocks fell out of the bags.

Pinkie Pie skipped by, merrily. "Oh, you're taking over Rainbow Dash's delivery to my sister, Maud! Thank you so much!"

She hummed as she walked off.

"Oh, the dramatic coincidences of life," Soarin said.



After finally getting the bags to where they needed to be, he collapsed exhausted on the ground.

"Ugh, I'm beat," Soarin said, breathing hard.

"But, you showed this trial who's boss," Orange Breeze said.

"I did? Yes!"

His friends congratulated him with hoof bumps and encouragement.

"Oh, I'm glad that's over," Soarin said.

"And now that you've done all of that," Cloud Blaze told him. "There's one last trial you need to do."

Author's Note:

I hope you guys are enjoying the story!

Do you think Rainbow Dash will accept or decline Soarin's invitation? Find out in Chapter 5!