• Published 13th Aug 2016
  • 167 Views, 0 Comments

10 Years Without Love - Pugettewriter550



Paint Splatter and Midnight Flash haven't seen each other in 10 years and now that Ponyville has gone into a depression, it's up to Paint to set things right and maybe find love in the process.

  • ...
 0
 167

Chapter 3

Paint Splatter was so caught up in the memory that she didn't realize that she was crying. No, not crying, sobbing. She also noticed that something heavy was laying across her back. She gasped as she looked around frantically. She looked behind her to find Midnight laying across her back. He looked at her comfortingly.
"Sorry for scaring you. I saw you outside the library. You looked like you were in a trance. Tears were falling down your face. I walked you into my old room. You got on the bed and you curled up crying into your hooves. I then laid across your back to try and comfort you."

Paint dried her eyes and sniffled,

"I don't remember any of that."

Midnight then explained about a spell that he created that erases comprehension and puts the pony under it into a trance like state. This then causes the pony to remember a dark or depressing memory. A sudden fear came into Paint's thoughts,

"Did we?!"

Midnight understood what she meant right away and quickly responded,

"Oh no, no, no, no, no! Oh sweet Celestia no! I would never do that to anypony! Especially if they were under that spell!"

He calmed himself down and told her,

" Now just go to sleep. You must be exhausted from that spell and all that crying."

Paint smiled as she laid her head down and closed her eyes. Midnight gently smiled as he ran his hoof through her mane. Before he drifted off to sleep, he got off of Paint's back. He then laid down next to her and then succumbed to sleep.