• Published 22nd Jun 2012
  • 1,146 Views, 13 Comments

Star The Royal Guard - Lady Brony

  • ...
2
 13
 1,146

How It All Had Begun

Chapter 1

How It All Had Begun


The rose colored pony with a pale pink and hot pink mane in sliver armor that is a little bit too big for the pony stood in front of the Canterlot Castle under strict orders not to allow anyone in or out from Princess Luna. After the changeling attack, Twilight Sparkle explains to the rosy guard unicorn and the other unicorn guards a spell that forced the changeling have the true colors be show. The unicorn was told to do the spell if anyone acted "unusual" and to do the necessary tasks to remove the "problem".


This was a lot for the rose colored unicorn since it was the first few weeks when the unicorn started as a guard as the only mare guard, the only mare guard that the castle ever had, EVER!!!

Crystal Stars was quite honored with such a title and she did brag about it for a while to family and friend before she left her hometown in Ponyville for proper training. The knowledge went through Equestria like wildfire. Everyone talking it and adding rumors to the tale.

Crystal couldn’t step out of her home without being tormented with stupid questions. Such as "will you kill anyone?" or "will you teach me to kill to anyone? From young colts and fillies. Crystal was getting tired from all the outrageous questions but still answered and repeated all of them with a fake smile. Though she secretly wanted to strangle them all, when Crystal finished “interview” from the foals she walked to the nearby bakery, Sugarcube Corner to meet a friend. As she walked, she flashed back to why she wanted to be a royal guard.


12 Years Earlier

The pink unicorn wasn’t like the other fillies when growing up. Crystal wanted toy trucks and GI Pony dolls when most girls her age wanted the latest Toni Pony Dolls. It was probably due to her being the only and youngest sister from having 3 older brothers and on top of having her mother died when she was 7. She wasn’t very sure how to act girly. Her dad didn’t treat her any more different from her brothers. He didn’t understand anything that wasn’t “manly”, so instead made Crystal another son.

At the Summer Sun Celebration in Canter lot about couple months after the loss of their mother, Crystal and her brothers with their father. Were in the crowd waiting for the show to start. After a huge adjustment with no mother, and a new smaller house where all siblings (including Crystal) had to share a tiny bedroom that was really meant maybe one or two foals if that, their father decided have a last minute weekend trip to Canterlot to see the celebration like they all before they had the death in the family.


Princess Cesitia began show by saying some things that most foals didn’t pay attention at that age. All of a sudden a yellow earth pony jumped on the stage. Crystal couldn't really see him because she was right the back.

He had a knife in his, charged up to the princess with the knife pointing towards Cesitia.

Suddenly a single white unicorn guard get in his way and bucked in the head, knocking him out. There was a long silence in the crowd as everyone tried needed time to let the shock to wear off. Crystal knew right after that very moment she wanted to protect other ponies

How fearless they were and they put themselves in danger without any second thought, she wanted that thrill, excitement, threat of the unknown.

Her father, Sun Blitz felt was unsafe for his children continue at the celebration and left to head back to the hotel. He picked up Crystal with magic and put her on his back. Crystal looked back at the yellow pony being shoved by 2 other guards to get him in police carriage.

The following school day Crystal was out at the playground for recess. She sat at a lunch table by herself eating a daisy sandwich, minding her own business as other foals played and laughed, not really caring. She didn’t really have that many friends and she isn’t very bothered by it

“Hey Crash” a colt’s voice yelled behind her.

Crystal immediately knew who that voice belonged to and it looks like he found a new victim. Crystal did suffer from Topps the school bully at one point but after painful kick in the face from her hind legs leaving a black eye, Topps left her alone. She got a month detention for it however it was worth it,

“Hey Crash I’m talking to you” The light brown colt with a lime green mane yelled again with no reply from the smaller cyan filly. Topps then kept getting no respond and irritated shoved the filly to the ground. The pegasus filly looked like she was on the verge of tears, that’s when Crystal couldn’t watch anymore. She dropped her sandwich and rushed over to help.

“Aw, is Crash going to cr---”

“HEY TOPPS LEAVE HER ALONE,” Crystal shouted at the bigger colt, rage taking over tiny unicorn, she couldn’t stand his guts.

“Or what, Prissy Star” he pushed the cyan pony’s face in the mud and the filly begun crying. Crystal’s anger was starting boil over. The blue pony was new to the school and didn’t know anyone and this time Topps went too far. She charges as fast as she could to buck him in the chin.

“I said alone her, NOW” he fell in the mud just inches away from the filly.

“Y-you’re c-crazy” Topps said while getting up and running off. Crystal just laughed at him tripping over a tree root, turning back her attention to the filly still crying.

“You are okay?” said the magenta unicorn in a sort tone. She put out her hoof to assist the pegasus “what’s your name?”

“R-rainbow D-dash” the rainbow mane pony said still upset and weeping.

“I’m Crystal Stars and I think Topps is going to away from you now on if not I’ll give him another lessen ” she said with a cheesy smile “your mane is cool by the way, I’m so jealous”

Rainbow giggled at her comment wiping mud off herself “Thanks my mom dyes it for me, she’s a hairdresser, and my natural color is a boring blonde”

“Sweet anyway let’s get you cleaned up before class starts”. Crystal walked Rainbow to the washroom to freshen up

In the washroom Crystal was helping Rainbow getting cleaned by using her magic to carry paper towels wash off the mud.

"What’s that" Dash said pointing to her hind leg.

"My flank" Crystal answer sarcastically.

"No, there’s something on it"

Crystal turned to see a golden shield with a scarlet heart on her hip.

"My cutie mark, I got my cutie mark" the pink unicorn beamed with over happiness "best day ever"

Her and Rainbow exchanged a quick hoof-five.

Since that day Rainbow and she become speedy best friends after knowing each for a week.


Present Day

Crystal trotted in the bakery looking for her pegasus buddy. “Starry, over here” Dash called using her pet name. Crystal made a beeline for her friend. “Hi Dashy” as sat the table. “How’s the royal guard, I still can’t over how awesome this is. Dash said while doing her “awesome face”. My friend going to be first mare guard at castle, when are you leaving anyway?”

“In 3 days. I have to leave and to get traini....”

“WHAT, you didn’t tell me that”. Dashy giving her friend a death stare.

"I-I f-for-get to tell you, sorry Dashy” Crystal looked at the floor awkwardly as a few ponies looked their way. With Crystal being so busy with preparing leave for Canterlot in few days, she innocently forget to mention to Rainbow that she departure to the palace, whoops.

"Crystal I`m a bit annoyed at you but I don’t want spend my time being angry at you." Dash said starting to calm down."Although I kind of want to strangle you, I want you have fun with you"

"Good Dashy, do we want to do?"

"I can think of a few things" Dash got up from her seat and begun walking to the door. Crystal got up and followed her friend. She had no idea what the pegasus was up to.

End of chapter 1