• Published 11th Jul 2016
  • 778 Views, 41 Comments

No Memories Just Disappear Forever - pinky102368



Sunset Shimmer tries to rekindle the friendship between the Mane 6; years after graduating from high school

  • ...
2
 41
 778

A Nostalgic Walk to Work

A young woman paced down the street.

Anyone could take one glance at her, and instantly recognize her current emotion: Stress.

Hands cuffed into a fist, she gradually increased her pace into a jog.

"I cannot be late again!" She muttered.

She halted immediately at a 'don't walk' sign at a crosswalk. "No! Not this one! This is the longest stop light in the whole freaking town!"

She stood there, her face twisted with annoyance as cars passed by.

While waiting for the light to turn into the white stick figure, she heard someone call her name.
"Sunset Shimmer! Hey there!"

Sunset turned around; to the direction of the voice. The tall figure standing there had a face that she recognized immediately.

"Oh, hi Trixie." She replied.

"Glad to see that you got stuck at this crosswalk too..." Trixie said. She walked up to Sunset and nudged her arm a bit. "...or we could jaywalk."

Sunset rolled her eyes. "Trixie, don't you remember what happened last time?"

"It's not like that was my fault! The dogs ran over the street, not me!"

"And it cost you your dog-walking job." Sunset reminded her.

Trixie grumbled under her breath. Sunset Shimmer just giggled. "So, where are you off to?"

Trixie smiled from ear-to-ear. "I got that super-important magician gig!"

"Wow, that's very impressive! I'm so happy for you!" Sunset Shimmer exclaimed.

"It is rather impressive..." Trixie said as she looked up at the sky with dreamy eyes. Sunset looked behind her blue-skinned friend and just noticed her wagon full of supplies.

"When are you going to learn how to drive? It will be much easier to carry your stuff in the trunk of a car, rather than in your small wagon!" Sunset pointed out.

Trixie looked at her friend. "I could say the same thing about you. Driving would be much faster than waiting at this darn crosswalk... Where are you off to, anyway?" She added.

"Work."

"Oh, it's Monday, isn't it? Time goes by fast when your practicing your routine!" Trixie said, referring to herself.

"Yeah. And I'm going to be late again."

"That's why we hate Monday's, isn't it? Kinda makes you wish we were back in college--we couldn't get fired there!" Trixie exclaimed with a giggle. "Or better yet; go back to high school! Canterlot High was a nice place, wasn't it?"

Sunset felt like she had nostalgia slapped into her face. "Yeah, it was, wasn't it? Well...after I was reformed from being a bully, of course!"

"Hey, I wasn't any better! I was so full of myself back then!" Trixie put her hand on Sunset's shoulder and smiled deviously. "But at least I never turned into a raging she-demon!"

Sunset narrowed her eyes and gave her a playful smile. "No need for reminders! That's something from high school that I rather forget..."

"Me too...hey! Look! We can cross now!" Trixie said, pointing at the white stick figure light.

"Awesome! Maybe I won't be late this time!" Sunset winked at her friend. "Well, I better run. Literally. I'll see you after work!"

"See yah!"

Sunset nodded a 'goodbye' and then sprinted across the street. She jogged as fast as she could in her high-heel boots down the sidewalk to get to her work. But now she was lost in thought.

Yes, I do miss high-school quite a lot, don't I? I was successful, I had fun, and most importantly...I had the best friends I ever had!

Sunset stopped dead at the thought of her old friends. She couldn't quite remember them, even though they made so many great memories. The only one she could really remember was Pinkie Pie.

I remember the time when Pinkie Pie literally threw her head into the cake on her 18th birthday! She was so happy to be an adult...and the last one to turn 18 in our little group!

Pinkie Pie is a hard person to forget. She could literally telaport all over a room; just like a cartoon character!

Sunset tried to remember her other friends. "There was Rainbow..." She couldn't remember Rainbow's last name. But she could remember when they went to the Daring Do convention...

She literally squealed like a little girl when she saw A.K. Yearling at the autograph booth! I still can't believe she was willing to spend twenty dollars just to get her autograph!

"And that fabulous girl...I can't quite remember her name...Remedy? Radiant? I can't put my finger on it...but she always wore the nicest clothes...that she designed herself!" Sunset muttered under her breath.

I do remember when she exhausted herself when making all of us our own dress for the graduation party...I felt so bad for her. She just said "it was worth it" in her lovely accent...

And there was that country girl. Working hard, and being honest...

Honesty.

Honesty was one of the Elements of Harmony.

Magic was the Element of Harmony that she was most familiar with. The Element of Harmony that she stole from her most best friend (but not at the time) Princess Twilight Sparkle, a pony princess from another dimension that Sunset knew as Equestria.

Twilight Sparkle.

How could she ever forget her? Twilight was the person--or pony--that she ended up falling in love with. But the Twilight that she loved hasn't even seen this world in quite some time...

Sunset shook her head violently. "Oh, come on Sunset Shimmer! You're 24 now! No time for remembering people you will never see again...darn Trixie for making me feel nostalgic!"

But as Sunset started jogging to work again, she couldn't help but feel side-tracked. Such good friends, such wonderful memories. It started making her wonder...

Why did they have to separate and forget each other in the first place?

Author's Note:

--Could you please tell people about this if you liked it? I wouldn't want my efforts on writing this to be in vain.
There! It's done!
I tried my best to make the reader understand how great Sunset's memories were. Make the reader feel a longing for them to get back together, and maybe even a feel of nostalgia for their own old friends?
On second thought...the latter seems very unlikely. How can I, a 13-year-old, capture an emotion like that from older people... 14+ year-olds!
I thought it would make sense if Sunset and Trixie became friends after high-school. Starlight is a better version of Sunset (in my opinion) and she became friends with Trixie, SOOO....
Also, some people have head cannoned that Sunset would go back to Equestria by now. I personally don't think that would be the case. More on that, next chapter!

And, as always, thank you for reading! :heart:

--pinky102368

P.S. When I first tried submitting it; it failed moderation. Why? Because it wasn't double spaced. The thing is, I thought I double-spaced it! So, when I got the notification, I was like "WTF?" So, I checked it again. So, why wasn't it double-spaced?
I suspect I forgot to click "save." :twilightblush: