• Published 9th Jul 2016
  • 965 Views, 14 Comments

Princess of the Sky - Season 1 - Onyx Dash



Twilight and Spike go to the human world where they meet a girl who possesses a brash, yet loyal, attitude while being chased by the Changelings; Dash must use the Element of Loyalty to become the Princess of the Sky.

  • ...
3
 14
 965

Episode 1: Chapter 1 - The Basketball Game

There was an intense atmosphere inside the gymnasium of Canterlot High School. Rainbow Dash was busy dribbling the basketball, passing it left and right to her fellow teammates. Their opponents were just as good as they were. The coaches and benchwarming teammates were screaming the hell out of their vocal chords. And all of the parents and students were cheering as crazy as they could. It was the last quarter with 30 seconds remaining on the timer. The score was Home-21 to Guest-27. As the game grew intense, Rainbow quickly passed the ball to her teammate Cloudchaser, who was dribbling to their side of the court. 10 seconds passed with 20 seconds left. She was ready to shoot at the hoop but someone was in her way blocking it. So Cloudchaser quicly tossed the ball to her teammate Flitter who had nobody in her way. She tried shooting at the hoop but someone would manage to block it and quickly steal the ball. They would try to get to the other side and try to make the shoot. The captain of the team would try to shoot at the hoop, but would unfortunately miss the shot, causing the ref to stop the current timer and allow the Guest team to perform a free throw. During that moment, 5 seconds passed with 15 seconds left. The players on both teams would go back to their team's benches. The players all huddled in a circle with the Rainbow's dad, their coach, telling them their game plan.

"Alright everyone, there's exactly 15 seconds left on the clock. Due to the failed shooting attempt, the ref has allowed the opposing team to perform a free throw. This moment could be the only chance we have of winning a game once again." said Rainbow Blaze to his players, including his daughter.

Misty Fly interrupted saying, "So, uh, what are we supposed to be like, you know, doing?"

"Well I'm glad you asked, Misty. Here's how it's going to work, right after, the ball hits the hoop when the shooter misses, High Winds, you'll have to quickly grab the ball if bounces off the hoop and comes to your side, alright?" Blaze asked High Winds.

"Got it." replied High Winds.

Blaze then said, "However, Surprise, if the ball bounces of the hoop and comes to your side, you grab it, okay?"

Surprise nodded her head and said, "Yep."

"Okay, so when either one of you is going to dribble halfway through and when you reach that point, if High Winds has the ball, she'll pass it to Surprise. If Surprise has it however, your roles will be reversed. Got it?" Blaze asked the two. Both of them nodded their heads.

Blaze then turned to Cloudchaser and Flitter and said, "Okay, after High Winds and Surprise did their part, if High Winds has the ball, she'll pass it to you Cloudchaser and you'll try to make the shot, but, if Surprise has the ball, she'll pass the ball to you Flitter and you'll try to make the shot, alright?"

Cloudchaser then asked, "But what if one of us doesn't make the shot?"

Rainbow Dash then interrupted her and said, "Duh, that's where I come in! If they manage to block the shot, they'll run to their side of the court, in which I'll steal the ball and take us down victory road!"

"That's my girl!" Blaze said to his daughter. "Alright, are we got 15 seconds left, let's make it count!"

Dash and the teammates nodded their heads and went back to the court. When they got back to court, Dash heard some of the students cheer her name as they knew that Rainbow will conclude the game once again with a team-winning shot. The team members would surround the other team, which the captain was getting ready for the first free-throw. She would shoot, but miss very slightly. After, a sudden boost of confidence rushed through Dash's veins. She knew that if the leader didn't make the second shot, their winning strategy would begin. The ref would then grab the ball and toss it back to the captain. She would then dribble it a few times and when she shot it, she once again missed. But this time, it managed to bounce off the hoop and come in the right direction where Surprise was. The timer would then resume Surprise would then grab the ball and start the plan Dash's dad had in mind. She dribbled the ball halfway down the court like what Dash's dad said and would quickly pass it to High Winds on the other side. The play lasted 5 seconds with 10 seconds left on the clock, with both the students and parents starting to count down the clock. High Winds would then dribble halfway to the hoop and when she got there, one of the opponent players was in her way, blocking her way to shoot for Cloudchaser. Luckily, she managed to shoot from the side and successfully pass it to Cloudchaser. 5 more seconds passed during that and the crowd started chanting from 5 to 1. Cloudchaser knew that this plan was going to work, so she tried to shoot but only for one of the players to block it. But unfortunately for them, the ball would fly towards the right direction where Rainbow Dash was at. She would then make an almost perfect shot at the hoop right when the crowd started chanting from 3. The ball kept spinning round and round. Dash and her teammates kept hoping this shot would make it as the crowd would finish the chant.

"3...2...1..." chanted the crowd. And then, the ball would successfully fall through the hoop and would raise the home team's score from 21 to 28. And shortly after, the final buzzer rang. The home team crowd went crazy as they knew Rainbow would finish the game off proud once again. Rainbow's fellow teammates would start surrounding her as she went back to her team's benches.

Dash's dad would congratulate her by patting her on the back and say, "Great job Dash, you made papa proud once again! That's my girl!"

Rainbow would blush and say, "Thanks dad, if it weren't for your big head, we wouldn't have been here right now!" Followed by the other teammates laughing it out. Blaze would smile awkwardly and laugh as well as he gently punched his daughter in the arm. The team would then go and show sportsmanship to the opposing team as they formed two lines and walked past each other saying "good game".

This is just the beginning of Dash's amazing story, but Dash's life will change the day after...

END CHAPTER 1

Author's Note:

What a hyped beginning to Dash's story with an epic conclusion to a high school basketball game. But what's gonna happen next? How will Twilight and Spike, as well as their enemies get into this? Stay tuned tomorrow as we see Chapter 2 of the first episode of Princess of the Sky! If there's any grammar errors I made in the chapter, be sure to inform me in the comments and I might fix them. Apart from that, be sure to comment below on what you think of the story so far by commenting below and liking this story. Thanks!

~TokuPonyWriter