• Published 23rd Jul 2016
  • 254 Views, 6 Comments

Apocryphal thoughts - Shadowboltwriter



Wordplay knows he's great at creating his works of fiction, but he feels as though that's all he good for. Until pixel wavelength calls him and several other ponies on an adventure that might help him realize he's good for more than his fiction.

  • ...
1
 6
 254

Setting the stage part 1

It was a beautiful day in equestria. Several ponies were outside their homes enjoying the fresh air. One pony today however was spending his time in his bedroom, trying to think of ideas for his newest work. His white coat and turquoise mane and tail blended in with the sheets he was laying on.

He sighed and rolled onto his back. "Alright, so next I can have the three gaurds pulled from their posts by... by..." His eyes started wandering around his room, it sometimes seemed to spark some inspiration out of him. His eyes settled on a guard figurine his older brother, Road Map, had given him as a gift. "Maybe ... maybe by their commander? No... if their going to go on this crazy adventure then... maybe from somepony from even higher command?" He wondered, tapping the pencil he had in his hoof on his horn.

His train of thought was interrupted by a voice coming from outside his bedroom door that he recognized as his younger twin sister, Fair Dice. "Wordplay! Wordplay!" Fair Dice shouted through his door.

"Yeah sis?" Wordplay asked her while getting off his bed and opening his door, revealing fair dice behind it.

Fair Dice was barely younger than wordplay, with them being twins. Fair Dice was a unicorn as well, having a light green coat and a mane with a mixture of bright green and turquoise flowing in it. She also had blue eyes like Wordplay's, but his was a lighter shade. Fair dice stepped towards wordplay as soon as he opened his door. "Come on wordplay, road map is making lunch." Fair dice said while trying to pull her brother out of his room.

Wordplay resisted her attempts to pull him away. "Ok I'll come down downstairs, just let me make a note in my notebook real quick ok?" Wordplay asked, getting his sisters hooves off him.

"Alrighty." She replied. Wordplay stepped toward his notebook before glancing behind him to see fair dice still standing in his doorway, waiting on him instead of going downstairs ahead of him.

Wordplay continued to pick up his notebook he had left on his bed, still open to the page he had been writing on. He picked up his pencil and quickly wrote have the guards called away by very high command before closing his book and set it on a shelf he kept his work on. He then returned by Fair Dice's side and walked downstairs with her.

Downstairs the two found their older brother Road Map in the kitchen putting together their lunches. "Hey you two, how are you guys doing?" Road map asked, finishing the threes lunches.

"I'm great." Fair dice replied in her usual excited manner.

"I'm alright." Wordplay replied in a moody manner.

Road Map noticed Wordplay's unusual mood. Wordplay's siblings noticed their brother had been acting strange the past few days. He had always been known to be shy but recently he had oddly recluse and seemed to be bothered by something. "Are you sure? You sound kind of... down." Road Map asked. He didn't like seeing his brother upset.

"Oh it's quite alright road map." Wordplay said trying to make a reassuring face. Road Map wasn't convinced but decided he would talk to Wordplay about it later.

Road Map picked up one of the plates he had put out for lunch and brought it over to the table. Fair Dice decided to be generous and levitated the other two over, earning a quick thank you from Road Map. The three each picked a spot at the table and started enjoying their lunch. "So Wordplay, I haven't seen you since breakfast, I assume you've been up in you're room working on your next big hit?" Road Map asked trying to change the topic.

Wordplay looked up from his plate, of which he had been staring at. "Oh, yes I have." Wordplay said. He hadn't planned on conversing with anypony.

"Well... what's it about?" Road Map asked after a brief pause from Wordplay.

"Well... At he base of it right now is that three royal guards get called away on an adventure where they either have to rescue somepony or retrieve some sort of artifact or device. I haven't really decided on that part yet." Wordplay recapped.

Road Map gave a cheerful smile. "Well whatever you decide to do with it I'm sure it'll be great." Road Map told Wordplay.

That feedback cheered up Wordplay. "Yeah... I'm sure it will be. After all it is my talent, writing my little fictional worlds..." Wordplay said, his mood seeming to saden as he spoke.

Road Map and Fair Dice shared a look of concern. "Why do you sound so sad about that? You love writing and role playing and all that." Fair Dice questioned.

Wordplay let out a sigh. "Well... yeah I do, it's great and all but... am I really that great for much else?" Wordplay asked his siblings. The thought had been troubling Wordplay after it had first entered his head.

They were both shocked at their brothers question. "Come on wordplay don't-" Road Map said before Wordplay stood up from his seat.

"But think about it. I do great when it comes to writing and creating stories but... am I really good at much alas than that?" Wordplay said, sounding almost desperate.

Road Map came up next to him. "Oh come on Wordplay, don't talk to yourself like that. I'm sure there's plenty of others things you're good at, you just... haven't realized it yet." Road Map told him "yeah!" Fair dice said for emphasis.

Wordplay gave a weak smile. "I... I guess you're right." Wordplay accepted.

"That's the spirit. Now how about we forget about this and maybe play a game of D&D?" Road Map suggested.

Wordplay considered his brothers offer. "That sounds like it could be fun." Wordplay agreed

"Yeah, come on you two." Fair Dice said before running off into the room they play in.

"Fair dice wait we didn't-" Road Map tried to stop his sister but failed before she ran off through the door. "Didn't clean off the table." Road Map finished his sentence.

Wordplay smiled at his brother. "Hey, at least she can set it up for us." Wordplay said.

"Heh, I guess she can. Come on wordy let's get this cleaned up so we can join her." Road Map said.

Wordplay smiled hearing his nickname after such a tense situation. "Sounds like a plan." Wordplay said.

...

A few days passed and Wordplay's mood seemed to improve, but his original thoughts still lingered, now accompanied by his brothers words. "Hmm... what could I be good for other than my writing..." Wordplay wondered. He decided to change his thoughts to his next story. He moved over to the computer in his room to look up some pictures to try and get an idea for scenery his three gaurds would venture through.

He was about to open the Internet to browse when he noticed he had an unread email. Curious, he opened his email and was surprised to see it was from pixel wavelength, which everypony knew to be the princess of the Internet. "Sent only a few minutes ago too..." Wordplay said as he opened the message and began to read it.

Dear Wordplay,

Hello my dear friend Wordplay. I am sending this message to you because there is an emergency that has rose to my attention. You may remember a while ago that I asked for your assistance to help me better the Internet. Well now the opportunity has presented itself.

I am requesting your help, and several other ponies, to help me face an emergency that threatens the internet. If you accept then I ask you to meet me at an estate of mine, the address is listed below. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Signed, Pixel Wavelength

Wordplay had to reread the letter. "Pixel Wavelength wants me to help her help the Internet? That's sounds... I don't even know what to think of it." Wordplay said to himself "I... I need to go help her." Wordplay decided.

...

Wordplay was currently at a train station, accompanied by his siblings. "Whatever you do, stay safe alright?" Road Map asked.

"Yes Road Map. It's only like the fourth time you asked me that." Wordplay responded.

Road Map had already asked that question two times on the way. "Third actually. You'll have fun too right?" Fair Dice asked.

"Of course I will." Wordplay said.

The three ponies shared a nice sibling hug. "Well I think that's about everything. Take care wordy." Road Map told Wordplay.

"I will. I love you two." Wordplay said.

"Love you too." Both Road Map and Fair Dice said.

With that Wordplay boarded the train and found a comfortable seat. As the train started speeding up Wordplay spent his time wondering who the other ponies Pixel mentioned were...

Author's Note:

Oh my gosh I am so happy to finally have this up:pinkiehappy:

This was fun to write and probably stills going to be fun writing the rest of it. Anyways be sure to leave a comment, I love to hear feedback from everypony and hopefully you all enjoy what is to come:twilightsmile: