• Published 12th Jul 2016
  • 133 Views, 0 Comments

A tale of Harmony - LonnaKitty



A tale of an Alicorn who did not wish to do what she was told, a brother scorned, and a history that was forgotten.

  • ...
 0
 133

A surprise meeting

The two siblings entered into the large dinning area, the stone walls making the voices bounce and echo across the large hall. The two stuck close together, trying to avoid getting in ponies ways. They only gave them passing glances and quick hellos as the wait staff took food to the tables and took back empty plates. They went about looking toward the raised dais at the end of the room.

The two regal looking ponies were talking to the others animatedly. The tall stallion, his large chest and powerful aura surround the area as he spoke to the maid beside him. On the other side of him was a beautiful mare, her eyes sparkled with joy of the upcoming celebration as she talked to the steward and cook.They were the opposites of each other. The stallion was a brilliant black, his eyes as yellow as gold, his mark was that of a circular crystal with a swirl behind it. The mare was of brightest white, her eyes were shining amethysts, her mark was of a crystal flower that always looked like it was sparkling. The yin and yang of the house. They were perfect compliments of each other. They looked down as they spotted their children and waved who they were talking to away. They rose up and floated to the siblings and gave them each a hug.

"Welcome children, I am glad you made it, today we are having some oat porridge with a sweet pudding for an extra boost of energy for today's festival." the stallion said as he nuzzled his daughter, taking her under his wing and guiding her towards the table. Solano and his mother laughed at them and followed, sitting down at the table on the dais.

"Are you excited for today Argante?" her mother asked, looking to their daughter. Argante nodded, her face full of the porridge and a smile on her face. Her mother laughed at the adorable scene that she presented. "Solano, are you also ready to help your father and I in today's ceremony?" she turned to her son and cocked her head to the side, her white braid falling over her shoulder.

Solano nodded, sitting up with pride he smiled. "Yes Queen Monalla, I am fully ready for my duty." he took a breath and stared at his mother, hoping his answer would be good enough for her, he was all nerves after all. Then he heard a throaty and loud laugh from his father. He became flustered and fiddled with his pudding.

"Harth! Don't tease your son like that!!" Monalla shoved her husband playfully, the stallion barely moved as he tried to contain his laughter. "Solano, please, you do NOT need to be formal with us you know that." she continued and took a bite of pudding in between her talking. "The only time you will need to be formal is at the ceremony alright young one?" she looked at him not really expecting an answer, but she smiled to him all the same.

He nodded and quickly finished his meal, watching his sister talk with the staff from afar, she had already finished her meal and was bouncing around as per the norm. "When will Argante begin training to be my Shard of Protection?" he asked solemnly, looking to his parents. The path to become a Shard was difficult filled with trials and tribulations. Argante would lose a lot of her pep during this time. Solano had already begun his training to become a Shard, though he will have higher hierarchy than his sister. He honestly didn't want her to go through with it, he wanted her to remain the sweet girl he knew now.

"She will begin her training a week from today." another pony answered, the three turned around to see a very old stallion come up towards the dais. He bowed to the family and then stood back up on shaky legs. "I know your fears young prince, but she is strong, and I have seen even with the hard training she will stay a loving a kind girl."

"But Raindew..." Solano was stopped short by the raising of his fathers hoof, all discussions of the matter were over and there was to be no more arguments. He looked back down towards the table, he didn't feel that it was right for this to happen to his sister, even if it was a fate she wanted to bear. The sounds of trumpets brought him back from his thoughts, the signal that the festival was starting in the courtyard. The king and queen stood and nodded to the old stallion, then to their son. They left to go open up the festival, patting their daughters head as they left.

Argante came and pulled on her brother and he smiled at her. She was put in a soft blue dress that really complimented her grey coat and white mane. A maid came up and smiled at the prince, holding a shirt that matched his sisters dress. He shrugged into it quickly, the soft cloth giving a sense of calm over him. He looked shocked at the maid who he then saw was a unicorn and he smiled and nodded knowingly, thankful for the small gesture. Empaths, though not in the hierarchy of magic, and sometimes regarded as monsters, were welcome and revered in their kingdom. The prince followed his sister out of the castle, walking past so many ponies who were leaving the main hall just to go out into the courtyard.

The courtyard had completely transformed, what was just partial built stands now stood fully decorated food stalls, games, wares from all around. In the middle was a large circular stage that had the king and queen standing atop and waving at the passersby. The front gate was opened and ponies from other lands were pouring in, talking to the residents with joy and animation. It was a truly wonderful site to see.

"Prince Solano!" someone cried and approached. It was Orange Blossom again and she smiled as she wore a plain but nice dress and her hair was done in a neat and tight bun. "I will take the princess for now so you can fulfill your duties." she finished and bowed to him awaiting his response.

"O-oh...right...y-yes, sure.." he stuttered over his words, suddenly being all nerves thinking about standing on the same stage as his parents, being the foreface for this festival made him extremely nervous. "Argante, go with her for now, I will meet with you later to walk around before we go onto the ceremony." he nuzzled his sister, hoping it would calm his nerves. She nodded slowly and nuzzled back. As their horns touched a spark of magic happened between them. He sat up and looked to his sister with a curious look. She didn't seem to notice the jolt of magic that passed between them. Maybe it was his imagination? Nerves? He shook it off and waved the two off and slowly headed towards the stage slowly, trying to prolong the inevitable.

His parents were greeting some of the farmers as they saw their son approach and they waved, stepping down off the stage to give him a quick hug. "We want you to meet some ponies that are very important Solano." King Harth spoke and moved to the side, another stallion of impressive stature standing beside a equally as tall mare.

He didn't think anyone could be more impressive than his own parents, yet here they stood. The stallion was a dark shade of purple, looking like night itself, his eyes were as pale as the moon, his mane twinkled like stars. The mare, a brilliant white with a mane of sunshine gold, her eyes were that of the sun. Solano could only stand there and stare. Unaware that he was gaping a bit. "This is the King and Queen of Equestria. They help us protect the Great Tree. Soon their daughters will take their mantel. For now though their daughters remain unaware." King Harth continued and pat his son to make him come to.

Solano shook off the shock and bowed gracefully. The king and queen laughed a bit and bowed back. He stood up and blushed in embarrassment and his mother leaned into to whisper to him. "If you want go enjoy the festival with your sister, meet us at the Great Tree later." she whispered softly and shooed him off. He walked away and breathed a sigh of relief. He didn't think he could stand around those two for very long, their power they radiated washed over and took him by surprise after all.

Now all he needed to do for awhile is find his sister and enjoy the festival.

Author's Note:

Holy crap life has been kicking my butt so this is out later than I wanted it to D:

But wow King and Queen of Equestria huh? Such prestigious ponies coming to visit this small royal family.

What things await for this festival? We will find out in the next chapter :D