• Published 9th Jul 2016
  • 641 Views, 2 Comments

Behind the Broken Horn - SasayakiYoru



Did you really believe you know everything about Elements of Harmony? Did you think that this ones are the only ones?

  • ...
 2
 641

The First One

Author's Note:

It is true that i know the User (and co-worker) that has the name "Observer", everything start to have sense during our conversations, that the reason why I start with this. All of my stories are about things or events that are part of "Observer's stories". I can't say more because it would be a spoiler

“Do you it is possible? Never give up... see the light behind the darkness” Those words circled around Midnight’s mind the whole travel, the last words said it by his mom, before the entire group was forced to abandon Canterlot, another place where he and his companions had to turn their backs on ponies in danger and run away, all because they were apparently the only ones capable of stopping the madness.

“You need to find him! Find the one who’s called Broken Horn!” That was Princess Amore’s instruction before she was captured inside her own crystal prison. The look in her face was not of fear; she only looked at them as if she already knew they would be victorious in the end.

"I can’t believe that your father is an Umbrum "said Jade slowly plowing alongside the group, the deep layer of snow in the ground not enough to make him stop "and he is supposed to be the most powerful? Talk about family issues"

"Just shut up Shards, Midnight is still trying to assimilate the idea" Says Zenith looking to Midnight with a worried frown, it had taken all by surprise but they had other option but to continue their travel, later on they could mourn or react more accordingly to that piece of news.

“Who am I? What am I!?” Midnight continued asking himself those questions; feeling fear, trying to find an answer, some hope…

"Don’t worry Shadi, we’ll find this Broken Horn, he’ll help us to save Equestria" Midnight felt a hoof over his back, he then looked at the owner of said hoof and finally smiled, Iron was the one that truly made honor to his name, having an indomitable will that helped them all.

They only had a single clue about this Broken Horn, the so called Mount Everhoof. In some place of the snow mountain they would be able to find this enigmatic hermit and according to their Princess this hermit knew the secret about the Primordial Elements and how they could use them stop the Umbrum’s power and plans.

"I Hope that we have enough time, if the Crystal Prison shatters we’ll soon see the fall of Equestria" again Whisper did as his name said, his feeble voice not high enough to heard over the snow and the wind.

As they get closer to the summit of this Mountain Everhoof, the giant winter storm creeps deeper inside the Empire, the Crystal Heart losing power in consequence of the Crystal Ponies’ fear against the Umbrum called Noche. If they allowed this dark being regain his memories, his true form and his power, all Equestria would surely fall in panic before the dawn of the first day after.

Princess Amore had successfully imprisoned him behind the Crystal Walls in Canterlot, but he wasn’t to be stopped with that action, they had already used the combined power of the Dragon’s Scepter and Crystal Heart once before but to no avail. They need something more powerful, new and unknown.

"Are you sure about this? I mean, we don’t know if this Broken Horn is still alive, nopony has ever seen him in decades and, they simply call him Broken Horn? I swear there’s something wrong with this guy" No one answer Jade’s questions but except for Midnight, all of them have the same questions on their heads, they simply pray that this pony was still alive, and that he had answers about their current problem.

The Crystal Empire rises over the horizon following the dawn, but it seems empty and cold now. They only could see snow and without the crystal heart, only the Tower could resist the wrath from winter’s storm, Midnight could even see some ponies petrified by the ice if he concentrated hard enough.

The only thing that they could do was walk now; Quetzal couldn’t fly, no one could see more beyond of their noses and only with the combined magic of Whisper and Midnight could they continue walking through the Snow…

"What are we even supposed to do here!? I can´t see anything! This is suicide!" Quetzal screamed, and due to the storm he was grounded; the pony that was the most proud of his own wings and long jade colored feathers was grounded and he hated that.
The winds seemed to become stronger as they went up, almost is fighting them as they advanced on this perilous mission; even with the usage of magic their hooves began to freeze, the way becoming more difficult and dangerous with each step. For a few moments, they believed that they would find a frozen dead.

"You are not supposed to be here".

They heard a cold voice that came from anywhere and nowhere at the same time. A shadow appeared in front of them and extended a huge pair of wings.

"Follow me if you want to live" Suddenly a hole appeared at the side of the mountain and the unicorns in the group couldn’t detect if it was either an illusion that hid the whole or if this pony had willed the hole into existence. With no other choice they only go inside the cave, at least they could be a little warmer.

Once inside, they did in fact become to feel warmer and even a little safer. The only question that they had was who was their savior?

"Why you came here? What are you looking for?" Asked the taller pony.

"We’re looking for Broken Horn, we need his help" said Midnight.

"I never liked that name" he said while he removing his hood, showing a stump of where used to be a horn "Please call me Sorrow, what do you want of me?"

They couldn’t believe it, Broken Horn was still alive and in front of them, Whisper then broke the silence.

"We need your help to stop Noche, the Crystal Heart and the Dragon’s scepter just didn't work."

"He returned?" said Sorrow while taking off his coat covered in snow "This is bad, you just can’t defeat an Umbrum with the same power more than one, we need a new kind of source, a new element" Then, he started to move some of his stuff in one of the corners looking for something.

They only could only wait while seeing the whole cave; an old broken mirror, a couple of staffs, a bookstand and a lot of papers… and in a glass stand there were the remnants of his horn.

"How did you lose your horn? How did you become an Alicorn?" asked Jade with curiosity like every time.

"That’s a long story and we don’t have time for that" Sorrow took a sheet of paper between his hooves for a moment then threw it away without paying attention where it landed "I fought him once in the past, when the Primordial Elements were created, after that I lost my horn"

"You said New Elements, is that even possible?" ask Iron Hooves

"The thing you call the Dragon’s Scepter is just one form of power, did you believe that is only that? A scepter? It is much more, a source of power and a weapon, but it is more than that, it will not be the only one" answered Sorrow”

"Are you suggesting that we should create new ones?" Zenith asked him

"Of course i am suggesting that" Answered again while he turn back to see them "If you were able to find me, you will be able to create it"

"But... How?" Jade asked worriedly "I mean... are you sure about what you say?"

"I will do my best" Midnight said without hesitation "I will defeat my father no matter the consequences!"

"Did you say... father?" Sorrow couldn't believe those word; this colt, this unicorn, son of an Umbrum, something like him have never existed before... what will happen when the true nature of this unicorn came to light? Even with all his years and knowledge, Sorrow simply couldn't think about the consequences or the ramifications of Midnight existence.