• Published 21st Jun 2016
  • 692 Views, 4 Comments

Emerald Spider: First Contact Equestria - SgtTex



The Emerald Spider has been a member of the Amazing Sector Defense Force for nearly two decades, but his most recent assignment to stop an inter-universal criminal may just take him to one universe he didn't even think was a possibility.

  • ...
 4
 692

Need a medic here!

On the way to the way to the medical wing the Emerald Spider and Dusk Shine were discussing the portals and how they worked.

"...and the reason why the portal didn't allow you to go back through was because the other universe on the other side wasn't synced with ours."

The Emerald Spider was a bit confused by this.

"I'm not sure I follow."

"Like I said, the portals only open once a month, but not all of the portals on the other sides are in sync with ours. Both sides open for one day once a month, but at different times."

"So you're saying I'm stuck here."

"At-least until the mirror you came through on our side opens."

"Wonderful..."

"You alright?"

"Oh just fine! I'm just going to be stuck here for a month at the most with no way of letting anyone know I'm alive, and I've either changed species or turned into the equivalent of what my species is here, but besides that I'M GREAT!"

Dusk Shine had distanced himself from the Emerald Spider, and looked somewhat concerned for both their well beings.

"Dusk... I apologize. I know I'm a guest here, and I know you very well could have locked me up and interrogated me until I told you everything I knew. I meant no disrespect."

"It's alright Daniel."

"Can we please stick with Emerald Spider. It feels kinda weird for others to be calling me by my real name while in uniform."

Dusk nodded, "I understand. Why did you trust us with your real name anyway?"

"To be honest I don't know. It was you more than anyone else actually that I felt I could trust."

Dusk chuckled a little at this, "Well I am the Prince of Friendship."

The Emerald Spider cocked an eyebrow and looked at Dusk, "There's an entire royal position for that? What are you like the living embodiment of friendship or something?"

Dusk just smirked, "Maybe we will have a talk about this some other time, we've reached the medical wing."

~~~~~~~~~

The medical seemed to be mostly empty. There were some guards getting looked over by the medical staff, and then it dawn on the Emerald Spider that these were the guards he had engaged upon his arrival in this universe. They looked at him with confused and piercing eyes. The Emerald Spider averted his gaze, he had felt horrible for what he had done. He knew he had not caused any permanent damage to them, but the whole situation could have been avoided.

They finally reached their destination in one medical in-particular with a door with the name "Doctor Redheart" engraved into it.

Dusk and the Emerald Spider walked in, and the doctor turned around, "Ah hello Dusk have you come to check on your..."

She stopped as she noticed the Emerald Spider, and jumped back a little on reflex taking a defensive posture.

Dusk laughed, "I see I made the right choice in choosing you doctor, to watch over my brother. It's alright he means us no harm, we came by to check on Commander Armor."

The Emerald Spider looked over Doctor Redheart. His enhanced vision noticed several scars that had faded.
"You've seen some things in your time haven't you?"

The Doctor wasn't backing down out of her defensive posture, but she did reply, "Yeah I have. I was a combat medic, and I've treated things a-lot worse than what you did to the Commander." She said in a judgmental tone and piercing eyes.

There was no doubt in the Emerald Spider's mind that he could win in a fight with this doctor if it came down to that, but something told him that he would probably need a doctor himself afterward. He wondered if she had a special talent for intimidation along side her talent for medical work.

Doctor Redheart recomposed herself, "Your brother Shining Armor... He is going to be alright, but he is going to be in recovery for a few weeks at the least. He is resting now."

Dusk Shine nodded, "Can you wake him up doctor? We need to speak with him."

"Alright, but if this green arachnid themed clown tries anything..." she said glaring at the Emerald Spider.

"You have my word as the Prince of Friendship, and as the Element of Power that won't happen."

The Doctor slowly broke her gaze and went to the bedside of Shining Armor.

The Emerald Spider turned to Dusk, "Dusk I understand why everyone here is well... Extremely ticked off at me, but why aren't you? Don't get me wrong I'm glad you are not mad at me, but I attacked your guards and hurt your brother badly, you have every right to be angry with me so why aren't you?"

Dusk put his hoof on the Emerald Spider's shoulder, "Getting upset won't change what happened. I've already forgiven you for what you did, and I know you mean us no harm, so what is the point in me being angry? That won't fix anything."

"Huh... Sounds like something my uncle would say. Thank you Dusk."

They then heard hoof steps approaching from behind them, as well as a conversation, and the Emerald Spider recognized one of the voices.

"...Look sis I understand that mom, dad, and aunt Tia are rarely wrong, but what if this is one of those ti...", Shadow Flare stopped as he noticed the Emerald Spider.

Standing next to him was another like him around the same size as Luna. She was dark as night, and had a purple tail, and mane. On her side was the mark of a blue shield, and she was adorned in silver armor with the mark of a blue shield on her helmet, and it had the same twelve pointed star that Dusk Shine has in the center of the chest piece. Her eyes were interesting in the fact that they were unlike normal eyes, but then again neither were Celestia's. This one's eyes were teal, and were more dragon like in appearance.

Shadow Flare looked furious, and his sister was a little surprised to see the Emerald Spider here.

It was quiet for for a few second, but the Emerald Spider spoke up, "Ahem... Both of them are yours I take it Dusk? I can definitely see the resemblance in your son."

Dusk just remained quiet and gave a look towards his son that told him to "let cooler heads prevail". The Emerald Spider made his way towards both of them, and as this was happening the black alicorn watched the Emerald Spider, almost as if she was studying him. When the Emerald Spider was just a little out of hooves reach Shadow Flare gave him a glare letting him know he was close enough.
It was about 15 seconds of awkward silence before the Emerald Spider decided to break it.

"... Shadow Flare is it?", The Emerald Spider said as Shadow Flare glared at him, "I apologize for what I did. I know I hurt your uncle badly, and I regret that I did..."

"Look me in the eyes and say that.", Shadow Flare demanded.

Seeing as no one would recognize his face anyway the Emerald Spider was about to comply, but found he could not remove his mask.

"Are you messing with me right now!?!", Shadow Flare yelled.

"Just give me a moment.", The Emerald Spider replied.

He thought about everything that had happened upon entering this universe up to this point. He remembered that his suit had been reacting to his thoughts when it came to abilities like shooting webs, cloaking, and his suit's adhesion abilities. So he thought about altering his mask so he could look Shadow Flare in the eyes rather than taking it off completely.

The Suit's mask then began responding to his thoughts and altered itself as Shadow Flare look of distrust turned to one of disbelief. When the mask was done altering itself, it essentially showed the Emerald Spider's face, but his coat was the same color as his uniform, his mane was still glowing an emerald green color, and the pupils of his eyes were the same emerald green.
Nearly everyone in the room was in awe (except for Shining Armor who was still coming around), it wasn't the most incredible thing they had seen, but it was certainly unexpected.

Then the Emerald Spider while looking Shadow Flare in the eyes said in a very stern voice, "I apologize for what I did, now I want to make sure your uncle is okay, and catch your real intruder."

"Hmm... I think he means it." the black alicorn said, "I am Defender Nyx, we will see how our acquaintance with each other goes in time, but know you have me very intrigued."

Nyx then looked over to Shadow Flare who's mouth was agape, "You can shut your mouth now Shadow."

Shadow Flare did immediately do so, but then shot an irritated look to Nyx who was smirking at him.

Shining Armor was still coming around but slowly, "Dusk, if I may I think I might be able to mend your brother's wounds."

"And how might you do this Spider?", Dusk asked.

"I think it would be easier to show you. Do you trust me?"

Dusk looked over toward Doctor Redheart, and nodded.

"Alright, but I'm watching you...", Doctor Redheart said.

"That goes double for me!", Shadow Flare barked.

The Emerald Spider approached Shining Armor with all eyes on him. The Emerald Spider then lifted his hoof and put it on the spot where it had made contact with his face plate, and a golden colored energy started to flow out. Soon all of Shining Armor's injuries were gone and he was awake. Everyone crowded around Shining Armor to see what the Emerald Spider had done.

"Umm... What's going on, and why am I in the medical wing?", Shining Armor asked as he became aware of his surroundings.

His eyes then moved to the Emerald Spider, as his memory came flooding back to him. His instinct was to tackle him or restrain him with a field, but his better judgement made him question why he was here and not locked up in the dungeon, or prison of some sort.
Before Shining Armor could say anything else Dusk Shine spoke up.

"Shining Armor say hello to the Emerald Spider, he just saved you from at-least few weeks of rehab."

Shining Armor then got off the cot he was on. He was in and out of consciousness the whole time he was laying on it, and every time he woke up he was in some sort of pain, but now he felt perfectly healthy, infact better than before. Even his right front knee that he had messed up years ago playing hoof ball felt like new.

"What are you?", Shining Armor asked.

The Emerald Spider smiled, "Someone who's not from here, wants to complete his task, and help the others here."

"I've noticed you say 'someone' rather than 'somepony'.", Nyx said, "The way you carry yourself, the way you speak, and the reports your strength, speed, and other abilities far beyond that of a regular earth pony are all very telling of you not being from here. How did you get your abilities?"

The Emerald Spider turned to Nyx, "I can't tell you the specifics of it, but my abilities are not completely natural. What's strange is my abilities upon entering this universe have been amplified, and from guessing seems to be running off the energy prevalent throughout this world."

"Might I ask what these abilities usually run off of?" Shadow Flare asked.

"Radiation of any sort I can absorb, which to my knowledge I don't have limit on what types of radiation I can absorb, but I do have a limit on how much I can absorb. Here however every cell of my body feels saturated with energy."

"Can anyone else from your universe do that?", Dusk Shine asked.

"As far as I know, I am the only one of species that can do that."

They were about to ask more questions when a guard ran in.

"Prince Dusk Shine! Defender Nyx! Commander Armor! We have a situation!"

"What is it Corpral Burnside?" Commander Armor asked.

"We spotted a cloaked figure heading for the old castle of the Two Sisters. His mannerisms were very strange, and as far as we know there is no reason for anypony to be out there."

"Wait...", Dusk Shine said "Something is off about this..."

"Agreed father", Nyx said, "He has never let himself be noticed before."

"Dusk are there any mirrors in that old castle like the one I came through?", The Emerald Spider asked.

"I don't know. It's possible...", Dusk answered.

"Well I'm not letting him slip through our grasp this time. I'm going.", Nyx said.

"Hey you are not going anywhere without me! He's my issue too!", The Emerald Spider said.

Nyx just made her way toward the nearest exit, with the Emerald Spider going after her.

"You don't even know where the castle is!", Dusk Shine yelled towards the Emerald Spider.

"I'll just follow the Defender!", The Emerald Spider yelled back.

"But you can't even fly!"

"Who says I need to fly, when I can fall with style!"

When the Emerald Spider got outside on a balcony he positioned himself between two pillars, shot a hard light web lines onto each pillar and slingshot himself into the air. He then activated his hard light web cape and adjusted his path following after Nyx using his own tracking skills and his suits tech to keep track of where she was going.

Dusk Shine, Shadow Flare, and Shining Armor all got outside fast enough to see the Emerald Spider gliding off into the distance.
Shadow Flare looked over to his father to see him smiling.

"What are you smiling about dad?"

"Oh nothing.", Dusk replied, "Just something about this reminds me of old times."

Author's Note:

7/14/2016
It's done! Chapter 4 is done. This chapter has had the most extensive rewrite so far, when compared to its rough draft (which I may post on Deviant Art to show just how different it is).

Anyways let me know what you think. Until next time.

Oh and the uncle that Em. Spidey was referring to is Admiral Rian Xailos. He's been like an uncle to Daniel, but he is not really his uncle.

You can find out more about him here in the link below.
http://sgttex.deviantart.com/journal/Character-Profiles-1-619964865