• Published 20th Jun 2016
  • 566 Views, 16 Comments

Hard To Say Good Bye - BellChime



Pinkie Pie wishes Rainbow Dash would wake up.

  • ...
4
 16
 566

Prologue

Dark. Not quite pitch black, but definitely dark. Pinkie blinked drowsily, taking in the unfamiliar surroundings. “What?” She wondered, feeling around with her hooves. She couldn't feel the soft mattress or the blankets that she had gone to bed in. In fact, she couldn't identify the surface at all.

"...Where?"

“Pinks?” Pinkie Pie got up to spot Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash's hair was mussed, she looked like she’d been running for a long time.

“Rainbow Dash, what are you doing here?” Pinkie asked curiously. "Do you-"

“Pinkie Pie, this is really important.” Rainbow Dash began quickly. “There was this twister-”

Twister? “Sounds fun!” Pinkie chirped. “Who won?”

“No, you don’t understand! Not that kind-”

“Oh…” Pinkie Pie’s eyes widened with realization. “I must be dreaming!”

“Pinkie, you don’t get it!” Rainbow Dash insisted.

“Go to sleep, silly-filly, I’ll see you in a few days.” Pinkie said.

“No! No! You don’t understand!” Rainbow Dash pleaded.

“That’s what you keep telling me.” Pinkie sighed, completely confused. "This dream is weird.

“Just listen, Pinkie! Listen!” Rainbow Dash called, tears filling her eyes.

Pinkie Pie hated seeing her friend so upset. She decided that she didn’t like this dream at all.

'Cause that's all it is, a dream, silly-filly, no reason to frown, she told her self. She turned and began to run, away from this sad, confusing Dashie.

“Wait!” Rainbow cried out.

“Good night, Dashie!” Pinkie called hastily over her shoulder.

She kept running, focusing on the darkness ahead of her. Silence, now, but Pinkie thought she could hear one last, quiet sob.

“Listen…”