• Published 2nd Jul 2016
  • 542 Views, 2 Comments

All On Your Own - Legendary Hood



Working with Twilight may seem fairly easy, but when Twilight gets stressed, she becomes irritable and unhappy. Spike tries to cope with Twilight, but he finally decides he's had enough and walks out on her to go find his own adventure in the world..

  • ...
 2
 542

Can't Take It Anymore

Twilight levitated a book from the shelf to her left over to the small wooden table that Spike recently crafted. Being made for small amounts of weight, the table was a little weak. As the purple alicorn continuously stacked more and more books on the table, it began to wobble and shudder.

"Spike! Could you grab a roll of paper from the--" She stopped. The small table split in half and fell to the floor.

"For Celestia's sake!" Twilight shouted.

"Your weak table just broke," Twilight called to the little dragon, somewhat annoyed.

Spike was infuriated. Though he knew she was currently going through her menstrual cycle, Twilight knew it couldn't withstand more than 10 books, but she had placed 13 on the table. "Why did you put so many books on the table?!"

Twilight made a face that suggested she didn't need to answer that.

Spike became even more angry. He grabbed some paper and brought it down the stairs to Twilight. Twilight spoke up. "You need to work on your carpentry, Spike. This...was pathetic. You didn't even try to pick out a strong wood, you just grabbed whatever was at the shop, and...

Twilight continued to complain about Spike's poorly made table, even though he had never done it before, and he'd just tried to see if he could create a sturdy decent little table.

Something inside Spike then snapped. Something that was suppressed for years. Spike took the paper and threw it in the fire place, igniting it and causing the paper to crumble and burn.

"Why would you do that?!" Twilight shouted.

"Because I can't take this anymore! I can't take anymore of you! Of your bullshit!" Spike kicked the broken table, causing pain to shoot up his leg, but he ignored it.

Spike stormed upstairs, and sat in the bedroom, hot tears streaming down his face, as his anger led to despair.

He was a little sorry for exploding like that.

Later that night, he put together an edible piece offering, which consisted of Twilight's favorite foods, like dandelions he picked from outside.

Spike crept downstairs into the dark library to find Twilight sitting at a desk, with a small lamp shining on her papers. The fire was no longer burning, only hot coals were left, though they still put off heat.

"Uh, T-Twilight..?" Spike said.

Twilight quickly turned her head, and since it was so dark, she didn't see Spike's small gathering of "I'm sorry I blew up" food.

"Oh, have you come to burn something else, my lovely assistant?" Spike threw the food down, the platter crashing against the floor. Spike ran upstairs, tears streaming down his face. The food was now visible to Twilight as she realized Spike was going to apologize. A feeling of regret filled her. Spike had gathered his things and went back downstairs.

"Spike, wait!" Spike did not turn his head as he left the Golden Oaks Library.

He hid behind a tree a good distance away and sat down. Since he knew that if he was running away, he'd need money. He had grabbed the small pouch he had used to contain 10% of all the money he'd ever earned, whether it be doing chores or helping out with the ponies in Ponyville.

But looking through his small backpack he realized he had forgotten one thing. His pass for the train. He had never used it, and it had one free first-time use on it before he began to be charged for each ride.

Twilight was outside, examining the area, but she could not see. Her horn lit up as she cast a spell of light. The front porch of the tree-home filled with light, and it even stretched out to the tree. Spike held still until Twilight went back inside. Using the darkness as his ally, he sneaked around the house to the back, where he climbed to the balcony. Twilight was downstairs, searching for a spell to help her find Spike, like a heat signature spell, or a night vision spell, or a Spike-finder spell, if there was one.

Spike carefully paced in the bedroom, and right by his small bed was the pass. He grabbed it, but just before he got to the balcony, he stepped on a creaky floorboard, creating a loud squeak as Spike cringed.

Steps were running to the bedroom door, in response to the noise. Spike heard and had no choice but to throw himself off the balcony. He landed safely in the bushes he planted a few years ago. The bedroom door swung open, and hit the wall. Twilight looked around and scurried over to the balcony, where she looked around and sighed. She continued to look through her vast collection of books, as Spike ran over to the train station. Since it was a Friday, you could ride the train free, without using your one-time free pass that comes with membership. But since this was free, they had to keep a limited amount of passes in stock, so that they don't go out of business for it.

"Uh, excuse me?" Spike said, standing on the tips of his toes as he stood at the booth for tickets. One train stood puffing and snorting on the track as it awaited a passenger. Spike held up his pass. "Could I have a ticket for the free Friday ride?" The colt at the desk nodded, and went to the back. He came back a few moments later, with a small blue ticket, that read "ADMIT ONE TRAIN RIDE - Manehattan." Spike thanked the colt, and hopped on the train, giving the conductor his ticket.

"I'm my own dragon now," Spike said as the doors shut and train began to move.