• Published 18th Jun 2016
  • 1,130 Views, 1 Comments

A much deserved vacation - Ponelover



The burden of ruling Equestria has been getting to Celestia in these past days, Luna decided it would be a good idea for a much needed vacation.

  • ...
0
 1
 1,130

Chapter 2

A dark shadow moved through the alleyways of Canterlot, it is still early morning and Celestia still hasn’t raised her sun yet, a perfect opportunity for the shadow to do it’s purpose, to do it’s duty for the betterment of Equestria. The shadow knew that recent events has allowed it to fulfill it’s duty.

The shadow finally reached it’s destination, without hesitation it moves towards the direction of the royal train yard and at last it’s destination was finally sighted. Conductor Steamy Stacks of the Royal Canterlot train. This train has been used extensively by the royal sisters to travel across Equestria and is filled to the brim with luxuries only royalty could afford, comfy couches, whole dining tables that filled an entire car, the softest beds Equestria could make and of course, red velvet draped across each car.

“And the the supply of coal is good, now let’s move on to the boiooooooh what are you?!?” exclaimed Steamy Stacks as he saw a rapidly approaching shadow, he was just doing his regular checks when a mysterious message just….arrived in his office, it just said ‘ready your train’ and at first he just thought it was just a fluke, but the arrival of this shadow just reminded him of the message he just threw in the trashbin.

The shadow slowly turned into the image of Princess Luna, further indicating the Steamy Stacks shouldn’t just discard that anonymous message away. Oh ponyfeathers, if she realized that I just threw her message I would be-

“Y-yes Princess, t-to what do I owe your pleasure of v-v-visiting?” Steamy cautiously asked, sweat coming off his brow.

“Why to see whether or not the Train is ready of course, is it ready?” Luna asked assertively, giving Steamy Stacks more reason to worry.

“W-weeeellllll”

“Is it ready Steamy Stacks? It is rude to stall a Princess”

“N-no Princess”

“Say again?”

“N-no Princess”

“UGH! I knew that sending just a message would not be enough, well you heard it first from the Princess. Ready the train for immediate departure at 8 in the morning, I have a special need for your services”

Steamy Stacks was taken aback at that statement, “I know that this is currently 5 and for you that is enough time, but do understand that I never expected a request for the royal train to leave that early. Is it for a special occasion?”

“But of course, meet me in the secret location as usual”

“Ah, you’re talking about the Private train station built at the bottom? Will this be a personal trip?”

“More or less, can I expect you to do this?” Luna asked, expecting a yes from Steamy Stacks.

“Well…..yes but it will be a close one”

“Good, then get to it then, see you at the trainstation at 8”

And with that, shadows just enveloped the Princess and she was gone.

Now with the order given, Steamy Stacks realized that this is a most special order indeed. He went back to his office, put his cap back on and went back to the locomotive.

If the Princess needs this then I must be at my best, I sure hope Shining Gears arrived on time, that mare always came to work far too late.


With the deed done, Luna raced towards Canterlot castle as fast as she could, the fact that the sun is rising indicated that Celestia has woken and is about to enter the dining hall. She zoomed through the sentries of Canterlot, ignoring their confusion as to what just happened and raced through the still empty halls of Canterlot castle towards the dining hall.

Admittedly it was a close one, because as soon as she just arrived and transformed into her normal form, Celestia had just entered and greeted her sister in a manner she’s familiar with.

“Greetings Lulu, I hope nightcourt has been most productive yes?” Celestia greeted, her smile always present.

“Oh yes, most productive indeed” Luna replied, entering her seat and waiting for the chef to deliver the food. If mother kept her word then all she needs to do was stall and smalltalk Celestia until she starts her daycourt.


“Alright then Lulu, it was a pleasure talking with you and I would like to hear more about your stories in the dreamscape, but alas royal duties awaits me and I must go. See you at dinner” Celestia said as she stood up.

“Yes sister” Luna replied, standing up as well, “I shall tell you more stories about a filly named Scootaloo once you visit the dining hall once again. For now I must go……...TO SLEEP!!!”

Celestia could only response with a chuckle, “Of course you do Luna, have a good night” she voiced as she left her sister and walked into her throneroom. It was nearing 8 o’clock in the morning and she must brace herself for another busy day at court.

“Let’s pray that Fancy Pants and Ironhoof are going to take over for today, I’m not planning on debating those prissy ponies with their privileged lifestyles” Celestia muttered as she entered an…..empty throneroom?

Normally she would expect Raven of Kibitz to at least be present here doing some of the paperwork, but there’s literally no one here.

Where are my assistants? It’s unusual for them to be late for work.

She wandered around her throneroom a while, confused as to what is happening when the huge doors behind her opened, she turned her head expecting some sort of a ploy to capture her. I seriously pray for anyone brave enough to pull off a coup, they do not know what I am capable of Celestia thought as she charged her horn.

The door finally opened to reveal……..her mother?

Acting like lightning, she immediately relaxed her stance and lowered her spell, If I was more hesitant mother could expect a full beam of solar energy directed to her, thank the stars that did not happen.

“Mother? What are you doing here? I didn’t expect you of all ponies to come to court this early” Celestia asked, curious into what are Harmony’s intentions are.

“Oh nothing Celestia, I just wanted to tell you something. Something rather important” Harmony cryptically responded, careful in her choice of words.

“Oh? What is it then? certainly this wouldn’t be a major issue to Equestria….right?”

“Oh but it is, I think it may come to you as trivial, but make no mistake. This situation could go…...out of hoof rather quickly”

“Then what is the problem mother? You can trust me” Celestia asked rather concerningly.

Mother is certainly careful in choosing her words, maybe her life might be in danger while she was investigating the issue perhaps, I might need to coordinate with French intelligence to find out.

“Fine then, this might come as a shock, but It concerns you Celestia.”

“M-me? Did I do anything wrong?”

“No, you just need a vacation”

Before Celestia could even react, a sudden bolt of magic hit her right in the forehead, Celestia tried to ready her battlestance but she suddenly feel very woozy. “W-wha?” was all the words Celestia could mutter before she collapsed on the floor, peacefully sleeping.

“She is always rather adorable when she sleeps” Harmony chuckled as she lighted her horn and lifted the sleeping body of Celestia, “Now to take her into the train station” as Harmony trotted into a certain section of her daughter’s throneroom, she pressed her hoof into one of the ‘odd’ outcroppings and a flight of stairs suddenly collapsed.

She just trotted down towards the stairs and they suddenly reformed into just another part of the throneroom. As if they didn’t exist at all.


“Where is she? Where’s mother?” Luna wondered, trotting around the empty train station just a couple of floors below Canterlot Castle. She had packed her baggages and has packed Celestia’s as well, and now with nothing to do, Luna just sat around on one of the few benches in this dust filled rail platforms shielded from the populace.

This train station itself was also magically enchanted to be silent in the hopes of preventing any curious ponies from wandering into the Princesses’ getaway plan, and although the original intention of this secret train station was to secure the diarchs in case of an attack on Canterlot. The station is now just a secret getaway mode for the royals who wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle of the capital.

Suddenly, the walls just behind Luna opened, revealing Harmony still carrying an unconscious Celestia.

“Oh mother there you are, I see you’ve brought my sister” the princess of the night expressed as she stared amusingly stared at the sleeping solar diarch, “I see you’ve put her to sleep, you don’t trust Celestia to come here on her own free will?”

“Of course, my daughter is a very insistent mare. She could foil our plans if I didn’t prepare that sleep spell, you have packed all of our bags correct?”

“But of course, the train should arrive just about-”

And with that, the slow chugging sound of a train was heard. The chugging sound slowly got louder and louder until the figure of a train could be seen entering the station. The train stopped precisely in position and with a nod, both Luna and Harmony walked into one of the many cars it had.

“Welcome aboard Princess Luna; Princess Celestia. Please put your belongings in the appropriate compartment and we can start your trip to Horseshoe Bay” a voice intercom boomed. “I just need to note that it took all of our training to come here discreetly Princess Luna, you sure are a hard mare to please”

“Am I?” Luna asked as she put the bags in the appropriate compartment, “Anyway, let’s not beat around the bush here, you can go immediately Steamy Stacks” the night princess responded through the radio on the table.

“Of course Princess. Gears, set course to Horseshoe Bay”

And with that, the royal train took off, the smoke emitted from the stacks was immediately redirected into the ventilation system. Masking the train smoke as just simple emission from the castle’s numerous fireplaces.

“This is going to be fun” muttered Harmony as the train left the station and entered the rails outside the city. She kinda wondered how the nobles will react once they knew the Princesses were gone on a vacation and lightly chuckled at what was to be the reaction of the century.


Celestia’s eyes slowly opened, the last thing she remembered was being shot by her own mother of all beings. Her brain slowly registered and she is seeing…...the roof of a bunk bed?

She gradually rose from her slumber and realized that she’s no longer in her throne room, as she slowly surveyed her surroundings she slowly realized that she’s in the-

“Royal Train, just what am I doing here?” Celestia wondered as she looked around the traincar.

The door in front of her opened and the sight of Princess Luna could be seen, she was happily humming some tune she didn’t recognize and stopped when she saw the confused face of her sister.

“Ah sister, you’re awake” Luna greeted, anticipating a flood of questions about her sister’s whereabouts.

“Just….where am I Luna? I remember being in the throneroom and…..mother of all ponies putting a sleep spell on me!”

“Well you’re not wrong there Celly, mother did zap you with a sleeping spell”

“W-what?” Stammered Celestia, confused as to why Harmony of all ponies would do such a thing, “Why?”

“Because we frankly believe that you wouldn't join us Celestia, even if we asked you nicely. You have always been the more stubborn of the two of us” Luna replied.

“W-wellll” Celestia stammered as she puts her hooves on the back of her head, “You are not wrong. But frankly, I can’t afford a vacation Luna. Only our ancestors would know what would happen to Equestria if we left them to their own devices!”

“Oh don’t worry about that Celestia, I would be a fool to leave everything without preparation.” Replied Luna as she continued, “let’s just say that Raven hasn’t been completely honest with you Celestia”

“B-but, Equestria!”

“NO buts Celestia, you’re going on a vacation with me and mother and you’re going to enjoy it” shouted Luna. Much to the surprise of her sister.

Realizing that she had completely lost this battle, Celestia could only sigh in defeat and bowed her head down, “Well, you can at least tell me the vacation destination Luna, I have…..plans for you if it’s Horseshoe Bay”

“Then prepare for a battle then dear sister, for we are, indeed going into horseshoe bay”

Celestia’s only response was a sly smile, enough of a hint for Luna to prepare herself that this trip won’t be all sunshine and rainbows for her.


“WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE’S MISSING?!?” raged Blueblood as he searched extensively throughout the throneroom, trying to find any clue as to why his auntie suddenly went missing. When news of Celestia’s dissapearance arrived to him he immediately suspected something must be up. He got out of bed, straightened his mane the best way he can and rushed to the castle at full gallop. Only to encounter a bunch of nobles similarly wondering where the Princesses’ had gone.

“I’m just telling you Blueblood, until we can find the Princesses, all complaints are to be put in the complaint box” Raven replied in a cold tone, a hint to Blueblood that he must stop ransacking the throneroom of his aunt.

“But why? Surely you know that I care for my aunt, what would I be if it were not for Princess Celestia, the Unconquered Sun?”

Blueblood’s attempts to gather sympathy only garnered a mostly dissaproving face from Raven, “Blueblood, I’m sure that most nobles would like to hear your ‘oh so tragic’ backstory of having a luxurious life right when you were born. But, please stop searching. We are calling in investigators as we speak so it would be nice to NOT tarnish the crime scene?”

Assuming that this is a crime scene to begin with. Good luck trying to track them, if any of those nobles are willing to.

“Oh but Raven, you must understand that I care for Celestia, if you could just spare-”

“I said no Blueblood!!” Raven asserted, much to the shocked reaction of Blueblood and the other nobles, “Just as I said, if anypony wants to complain, write them and put them in the complaint box, other than that” Raven gathered her breath to say what was coming next, “GET OUT OF THE THRONEROOM!!!”

“Okay-okay geez” said Blueblood as he nodded his head to the other ringleaders, signalling that their attempts were, at least for now.

Fancy Pants and Ironhoof just winked their eyes to Raven before leaving the throneroom. Raven usually doesn’t trust nobles but a few of them were informed of what was actually happening and have been…….very cooperative so far.

Just after leaving, the doors to the throneroom opened again. “Ugh” Raven grunted, “I already told you, unless if you’ve written something then get out of here, and nopony can write that fast”

“Oh I am no noble Raven, I believe you hired me for a rather ‘specific’ task yes?”

Raven immediately turned around to see her hired investigator, a pony by the name of Dark Cloak. She already briefed the person about the whole situation and judging from his resume, he is trustworthy enough to be given privy to royal secrets.

“Just mislead the nobles Cloak, I want them running around Canterlot and not getting an inch of information. That should entertain the populace for a while”

“Of course Raven, the letters I’ll send to you later on will be…...incredibly detailed to say the least”

“And I’m going to enjoy every bit of it” replied Raven, her normal calm demeanor broke as she wickedly smiles in anticipation for what Dark Cloak has in mind.


The chugging of the train seemed near endless as Celestia took a sip from her Dodge City 976, a most fine specimen of wine she acquired from that rustic yet charming town. The servants, apparently really do know her type of wine and the taste didn’t dissapoint.

“I beg you Luna, this wine is most impressive, you should try it.” Celestia asked, much to the chagrin of her sister.

“Celestia” Luna replied, taking a sip from Sweet Apple Acres signature hard cider, “you must realize that I’m a more cider mare than your prissy little tastes. Unlike your wine I have a more…...direct palate for alchoholic beverages. And trust me, this cider will blow the everliving socks off your weak little wine”

“Luna….is that a challenge? A challenge whether or not a bunch of applefarmers in Ponyville could beat the great legacy of the Dodge City wineries? You certainly are behind the times are you now, dear sister” Celestia responded, her horn glowed as she put down her wine bottle and stood up.

“Oh certainly sister, you must realize that the Apple Farmers possess something the prissy wine makers in Dodge City don’t have, innovation and creativity. They can certainly outproduce your weak flanked drink.”

“Oh that is rich” Celestia laughed, wings spread out in faux aloofness. “You must realize that quantity isn’t everything Luna, and frankly quality beats quantity everytime. Have you tasted what this superior wine has to offer? I can assure you that Applejack and her…….unsophisticated methods can’t handle all of this rich flavour Luna”

“Oh yes, let’s make fun of the hard working earth pony.” Luna sarcastically responded, ”Celestia you realize we are over that era right? I frankly think Applejack’s cider could beat your liquor anytime”

“In fact” Luna continued, “I’m so confident I wouldn’t even bother tasting your brew, I certainly will believe cider beats wine every time of the day”

…………

In a split second, their serious stares lightened and both mares burst into laughter.

“Oh Celestia, that is some great defense. I will never be a wine mare but you do sure feel insecure everytime somepony doesn’t approve of your tastes” Luna exclaimed as she rolled on the floor, her face clearly blushing due to the copious amounts of alchohol she drank.

“As if you’re the ultimate authority, I believe your ‘defense’ right there proves your insecurities Luna” Celestia responded, her head thrown back in an unprincesslike manner as she tries to recuperate herself from the alchohol streaming through her body.

Their tirade of Wine vs Cider was suddenly interrupted by the sudden appearance of Harmony, “Oh hello there my daughters. It appears you both have developed a taste in alchohol, I personally find the homemade beer brewed in Canterlot most exquisite”

Both Luna and Celestia’s horns lighted and they both shifted their position, both of them staring deadeyed at Harmony’s face. It appears that the sobering spell worked and now both Princessess have found their target.

“Did you say?” Luna started.

“Beer?” Celestia finished.

“So…...it appears that we have a common enemy now sister” Celestia said, slowly standing up from her chair.

“Indeed sister…..a heretic has infested our dear mother, I suggest we must purge them immediately”

“Uhm…..wha?” Harmony stammered, never expecting a sudden turn of personality from her own two daughters.

“I think we must cleanse this infection my dear Luna”

“But of course! everypony and their mother knows that beer is the lowest form of alchohol there could be, I think an adequate punishment should be…….tickling?”

“A most excellent suggestion my dear Luna”

As if on cue, both her daughters shared a predatory glance, a predatory glance aimed at her.

Already taking more than enough hints, Harmony ran.

Next time…..I must choose my words carefully, I can already tell by their glances that they don’t intend to play around!