• Published 15th Jul 2016
  • 200 Views, 1 Comments

The Artistic Muse - Compass-Rose-0425



Once upon a time, in the Crystal Empire, there lived a small filly by the name of Toola-Roola. She lived with her father, Blank Canvas, and her mother, Solar Glow. Her life was a prosperous one. Until her 7th birthday party, when all changed...

  • ...
 1
 200

Introduction: A Battle Unlike Any Other

Ten years before Toola-Roola's birth, there was a battle. A battle unlike any other, and yet the same as a thousand years past. A battle between sisters, one good, one evil. A battle for power.

Solar Glow used her unusual unicorn powers to place her older sister, Lunar Eclipse, in an unrelenting golden magical bubble. Well, unrelenting to most ponies, that is. But Lunar Eclipse had the power of at least ten unicorns combined, so she broke through the bubble of magic with surprising ease.

"I told you, you cannot not stop me, even after years of magic school!" Lunar Eclipse cackled.

"Just wait, sister. You haven't seen anything yet." Her younger sister growled.

Lunar Eclipse used her powers to create the largest storm that Equestria had seen. Terrible rumbles of thunder and crackling lightning could be heard everywhere. She used the slightest amount of effort to create a lightning bolt to strike on her sister. When the lightning bolt struck her, Solar Glow thought she was a goner, but, all of a sudden, she shot up straight into the dark and cloudy sky. She used all her energy to remove the large storm from the sky. Lunar Eclipse remained unsurprised and trapped her sister in a magical bubble as well, though this one was a very dark blue. But, with more effort than her sister, she broke through the spell. This was when Lunar Eclipse started having second thoughts.

"Maybe I should have at least acted less jealous of my sister's radiance and glory as a hero of Equestria. Maybe I should have acted less boastful. Maybe I shouldn't have done a lot of things..." Lunar Eclipse thought.
But there was no time to think, as her sister rained down glowing balls of fire at her head. Luckily, she deflected all of them. Solar Glow then used her greatest power yet: the ability to open the gateway to Tartarus.
It took every last ounce of effort to put this in place. But with great pains and perseverance, she opened Tartarus, lifted her sister up with her magic and said,
"Farewell forever hated sister. Farewell forever."
And she was thrown into the gaping dark hole of evil.

Author's Note:

Hope you liked that!
Chapter One will come soon (Hopefully)!