• Published 11th Jun 2016
  • 309 Views, 0 Comments

Gaze Upon the Stars - ADenter1



The stars tell no lies and tell all tales, and within the Alicorn Princess of the Night. Her tale will be told through more than just a star, but through the eyes.

  • ...
 0
 309

Chapter One: A Thousand Years Ago

Chapter One: A Thousand Years Ago




Princess Luna sighed with content yet sadness at the same time as she used her Magic to raise the Moon to its highest peak. She decided to add a few stars this Night, but not many. Whatever would have been the point? Nopony ever paid much attention to the Night or the Stars. Only when there was a Star Shower, but that only made the Princess of the Night even more depressed since ponies came to see the stars die. Falling, or shooting, stars meant the death of one, or more, stars in a single night. It sickened and tormented the Princess greatly, and did her sister notice? Faust forbid that the elder Princess heed her sister rather than her subjects.

She glared at the Full Moon, but it was not directed at her lovely Mother Moon. No, it was directed at the latest missing pony. Starswirl the Bearded. The rotten stallion had disappeared without a trace, and had not even said goodbye to either Princesses, or anypony for that matter. Tears brimmed the edges of Luna’s eyes. She sighed. Starswirl and Sombra had been the only two ponies, Unicorns no less, who understood her true Night. But Sombra had fallen into the Darkness and Starswirl had disappeared. Luna nor Celestia’s Magic could find any bit of the Unicorn that had been their father figure.

A thousand years could pass and still Luna had no doubt, that not a single pony would ever truly appreciate her or her night. They all basked in Celestia’s precious light. Luna’s eyes glowed white with fury, and she grit her teeth almost painfully at the thought. It would seem that anything Dark or not bright as Celestia was instantly a menace or just to be ignored. Luna herself being one of those, Dark, creatures. But she was a Princess of Equestria, and meant to be Celestia’s equal not her Alicorn Advisor as one elderly Earth Pony mare had believed at one point.

Her anger began to grow. Anger at the ponies of Equestria who dared to shun out her beautiful night and glimmer in Celestia’s light. They said the sun was the only way to keep them alive, as it brought warmth to ponies and life to the plants, but there were spells of Old Magic, and good Magic, of the Night that could allow plants to grow under the glow of the moonlight. But nopony ever dared to think about anything else than precious Celestia. Luna’s anger only grew more and more.

The anger within the dark Alicorn turned to hatred. Hatred to the ponies, hatred to her sister. If Celestia dared to pull the card of flesh and blood on her, Faust exile her to the pits of Tartarus. But the anger, only made things worse. Rage and fury, and the desire to knock precious Princess off her high and mighty pedestal came rushing into the Night Princess.

“Faust I beg of you, not to punish me for my rage,” her mind was made up. Celestia would finally see what her ‘little’ sister’ could really do. “If you hear my plea Faust,” she whispered the night sky in one final prayer. “Then you will send one pony who will care. Who does not care about my wings or my horn, about my crown or my power. But about me and my Night,” a single tear fell from the Princess’s eye, falling to the ground in the center of the Canterlot gardens. “I beg of you,” she wiped away any remaining tears with her hoof as she glared. “There can only be one Princess, and that Princess will be... me,” Luna returned into the Castle, prepared to see her ‘sister’ of the Sun.

Such a Night had happened a thousand years ago, later on known as Nightmare Night, for the defeat of the Dark Alicorn, Nightmare Moon. It is a wonder whether or not Faust had heard Luna’s Prayer, but if she did, a thousand years would pass before it was finally answered. Thus there be he, a pony, who truly understands and cares for she, and her beautifully to be beloved Night. A thousand years ago was Nightmare Moon, and a thousand years will return to Luna.