• Published 28th May 2012
  • 1,187 Views, 4 Comments

At the Edge of the Rainboom. - PonyBlue



Time travel: Rainbow Dash meets her grand daughter.

  • ...
2
 4
 1,187

A special message from our sponsors

Chapter 2
A special message from our sponsor.

“Before we return to the live coverage of the 50th Annual CloudsDale Pegasus Race, a special message from our sponsors,” Winter Flake announced.

** *** **

“Hello, my name is Dinky Hooves and I am the proud owner of Hooves Courier Service. For over fifty years, we at Hooves have been carrying packages for our customers across Equestria. We even carry packages to the faraway plains of Zebrica and the mountain spires of Gryhonia.

We have come a long way in those five wonderful and unforgettable decades. Hooves Courier offices can now be found all across Equestria from the stream and ponds of the sea ponies to the high windy valleys of the Flutter ponies. But that has not always been so. I remember far more humble times.

When my mother, Derpy Hooves, first began her courier service it was from a wobbly table with only three good legs that took up the corner of our one bedroom home. My mother certainly never dreamed that our little carrier service would go beyond the streets of the small town of Ponyville. All she wanted was a way to earn a few extra bits to support her foal, me.

You see my mother was born with a birth defect. She had a condition called Aphasia. It was a hard condition to live with. While my mother understood everything that happened around her, all she could say was a jumbled mixed of words. It didn’t help, that the same birth defect gave her wall eyes. The only word truly under her control was muffin. I was her ‘muffin’.

There is a school for ponies who have special difficulties like my mother. The Xavier Institute for Higher Learning will teach ponies the skills that they need for an independent life. I ask very listener to please help by donating to the school. Even a single bit helps.

We will continue to serve, you our valued customers with the same determination my mother did. The mail always gets through.