• Published 12th Oct 2016
  • 671 Views, 7 Comments

Halo: The Final solution - Reaper of souls



Forerunners,nobody knew what they were capable of, Soon everyone will witness what their capabilities were, as the reality they had known will disappear, and all it took, to change everything, was a single event.

  • ...
2
 7
 671

Chapter 2:Aftermath

Author's Note:

Sorry about the shorter chapter I'm not good with emotional stuff and I'm still not very good with literature.

Twilight didn't know how long she was out, but she knew she was waking up, because she could hear a voice off in the distance getting closer.

"Twilight! Twilight! Twilight!"

She opens her eyes, startled from being woken up so abruptly. In front her was starlight, who had a concerned look on her face.

"Oh thank goodness, I thought something bad happened to you!" she said, relieved that her friend/mentor was okay.

"Uh, sugarcube ah don't wanna be rude an all, but what in tarnation happened in here anyways! It looks as if The Mother of All Tornadoes was in here!" applejack exclaimed, looking at all the destruction around them. Metal shrapnel was everywhere, some of it was embedded on the walls, the machinery looked as if a Chimera had clawed at them, because most of them were in pieces, others where either fine or had fallen over on their sides, and there was one that had caught fire, the controls didn't fare any better, because all of them had exploded their tops off, and a few would crackle with sparks, and mostly the entire place was covered in dust, pebbles, and rocks. There were a few boulders, ranging from different sizes, that were scattered all over the place.

"My goodness! How can all of you tolerate this dreadful place?!" rarity waved a hoof in the air, gesturing to the entire cave.

"1. Our friends were in trouble, 2. Ah'm pretty sure that nopony actually cares about being clean right now, 3. Since when does somepony care about getting filthy over a friend who's in trouble?" applejack said, frowning at the fashion pony for caring about cleanliness rather than her friend's safety.

"Yes, well fluttershy and twilight are both okay, so what's the point in worrying if they're okay." she said, stating that the two ponies were unharmed. Unfortunately, that didn't have the effect she was hoping for.

"Rarity! They still could have gotten hurt! What would happen if they actually got hurt huh, rarity?" starlight said, also angered by her fellow unicorn friend.

With that rarity gave out an irritated sigh. "Fine! I'll try to tolerate this filthy cave!" She said, accepting defeat in this little argument, which caused both starlight and applejack to smirk. Starlight soon stopped smirking when she noticed something. "Hey have any of you girls-" she didn't get to finish, as she was interrupted by a pink, bouncing, pony with a fluffy mane.

"Whee! I don't know what you were talking about rarity, this place is fun!" Pinkie pie yelled with glee, hopping on one boulder to the next, she landed on the biggest one and looked around. "Hey where's dashie?" she asked, finally realizing that her easily-recognizable-rainbow-friend was nowhere to be seen.

"Um, well about that you see..." spike was about to continue, but was interrupted by the pink party pony, who was oblivious to the difficult situation the baby dragon was in.

"OOH! She's playing hide and seek!"

"No, pinkie she-"

"Ooh, we're supposed to guess where she is aren't we?"

"No pinkie."

"Ohh, now I know she's invisible!"

"PINKIE!!" he yelled, unable to take her shenanigans for being unaware of what happened, anymore.

"What?" she asked, still unaware of what happened.

"Rainbow dash is...she's um...well she's..." spike continued to try and break the news to her, but was interrupted by another voice.

"Dead," they all turned to look at twilight, who was quiet the entire time, a sad and guilty expression on her face. "I couldn't save her," silence filled the area, as twilight finished explaining what happened, to everyone's surprise no one started crying, not even fluttershy. They can feel the sadness, except it's almost like their bodies weren't able to feel the emotions of what happened, even pinkie's mane didn't deflate from the fact, that one of her best friends is dead. It was almost as if only their minds were able to feel the emotions.

After 20 minutes of silence the emotions finally caught up to them and they started crying for at least 10 minutes, until applejack spoke up, "Come on everypony let's get outta here," she said, sniffling at the end. All of them started to leave the cave except, for one pony who was lingering back so she could look back at the cave.

"I know your out there, and I'll be waiting."




They were all heading outside, planning to go to canterlot and personally tell celestia the horrible event that had just occurred, but to everpony's surprise celestia and luna were already outside waiting for them.

"C-celestia, Luna! What are you both doing here!?" twilight yelled, wondering why both, the solar princess and the lunar princess were here coincidentally after the event, in which one of there friends had died.

Luna was the first to answer for her, "Me and tia both felt something was wrong, as if the most terrible event in history happened and apparently that feeling lead us here," she said, explaining why they were both there.

"So, twilight do you want to explain what happened here?" celestia asked casually, since she was aware that whatever happened affected them the most.

"How about later, because if both you and luna felt what had happened here, cadence could have felt it too, maybe even discord," she said, explaining why they should wait until later to explain what happened.

"Unfortunately you are quite right about that, Twilight Sparkle." said a male voice, that was filled with complete and total sorrow and sadness. They were all surprised when they turned to see who it was that spoke.

"Discord?!" they all said, in unison at his sudden appearance.

"Yes, everypony it is I Discord," he said, not even trying to make it sound dramatic, like he usually does every time somepony got surprised by his appearance. Fluttershy, who was the closest and the very first pony to befriend discord, noticed his present mood like all the others, was quicker to ask about it.

"Discord, why are you so sad?" she asked, concerned for the draconequus, since he looked far sadder than she could ever imagine, not to mention that he also appeared depressed.

"Well, dear fluttershy today earlier this morning I was planning on having a big day full of fun," he seemed to cheer up, as he remembered that, but quickly turned back into that depressive mood again, "and as I was going through the possible activities that I could do, a sudden wave hit me and then I felt cold and empty, as if I was once whole and now I feel as if a piece of me is missing and that it was one of my most favorite pieces, which makes me feel sad and......incomplete," he said, finishing the portraying of his emotions, in a poetic manner that took everypony by surprise, since it wasn't normal for him to be into that kind of stuff.

"Um, can somepony please explain to us what is going on?"

Once again they were all surprised to find standing behind them was Cadence, Shining Armor, and "Sunset Shimmer?!?!" Twilight yelled, because the last time she saw her it was in that other dimension, through the mirror portal with all the humans and their human counterparts. 'By Starswirl The Bearded, who else is able to sense this event?!' she questioned this in her head, considering the fact that discord and sunset, who were both in other dimensions, could be able to sense this. "All of you sensed something bad happened, didn't you?" she asked, knowing enough that tells her that they were also in a similar predicament as celestia, luna, and discord.

"Yes, cadence said she felt that something was wrong, and then after sunset showed up and explained herself the three of us went here. So that's about the short version of it," shining armor said, explaining both of their stories.

"I guess I'll explain now, since there's no telling how many other individuals felt the event," twilight said, preparing herself so she could explain the entire event again.

A few minutes later

Celestia, luna, and sunset were all hanging their heads low, with a sad face staring at the ground, discord was hugging a crying fluttershy, cadence and shining armor were both doing the same with twilight, spike and pinkie pie were both comforting a crying rarity, and starlight and applejack were both trying to hold themselves together. This continued on for a while, strangely though the whole town was quiet with no other ponies in sight, except themselves, as if the whole town was abandoned, yet they didn't notice this at all, when they were mourning the loss of their friend. Eventually, they calmed down with discord speaking first."I guess a funeral should be in order," he stated, in an even more depressed tone than before.

"I guess so," Celestia replied, with grim look on her face, her colors appear to have become dull, as well as luna's and everbody else's.

"Well then let's ...hop to it then," as he said this he slowly started to walk with celestia and soon everyone else started walking. The colorful, beautiful, and fun world that they knew was now gray, grim, and dull.

Unbeknownst to them though, light years away on a planet similar to theirs, on a grassy area, inside a city, lays a crater.