• Published 26th May 2016
  • 1,982 Views, 43 Comments

Shadows and Sunlight - King Sombra Returns



King Sombra has returned unknown to any pony but when Twilight starts hearing voices in her head will she listen to them or deny the shadows and go to the sunlight.

  • ...
7
 43
 1,982

The Date

Flash Sentry one the only non-crystal guard in the Crystal Empire, though he was only a normal pegasus he loved a Princess. Not the Kind- Sun Princess, Not the Radient,X-evil- Princess of the Moon, Not the Princess of Love, but the glorious kind, sweet,loving Princess- Twili-
" Hey kid get your head out if the clouds we have a job to do!" A grey earth pony with a blueish purple mane and violet eyes. His cutie mark was that of a purple symbol inside of a pearl colored sphere, It was Nights the only other non-Crystal pony in the Empire, serving as a guard.

" Hey Kid, what were you so high in the clouds about." The guard said hinting at Flash

" Nothing you need to know about Nights." Flash said a look of attitude hinted on his face

" Geez, kid I was just kidding lighten up."

" Sorry Night's, I'm just a little on edge."

" Why, Flash?"

" Well Night's, I'm not only going to ask out my crush, but I have to ask her brother first." Flash said a bead of sweat dripping down his face.

" Well, Good luck on that one." Nights said walking away back to his post, shaking his head.


Princess Twilight walked up to her big brother and sister in-law,
"Cadence, Shining am I glad to see you!" She said a smile replacing her scowl.
" Twily it's good to see ya sis." Shining said a big grin plastered on his face.
" Hey Twilight, how is everything?" Cadence said, not buying her sudden change in attitude.
" I'll tell you about it later." Twilight said through gritted teeth
" Right now I need to-" she started before she was interrupted by a certain grey Guard.
" Your Highnesses, The other Mares, who accompanied Ms.Twilight has arrived." The Guard Nights said clearly.
" Thank you Nights you may go." Cadence said soft and sweet.
"The way she talks makes me want to vomit, that guard should know his place!"
' You know you're right. We should get out of here before those so called morons get here and sweet talk us into ' Friendship '
" Yeah, your right."
Twilight didn't know why but her eyes were watering.
" Cadence, Shining I think I am going for a little walk around the empire."
" Hopefully, they will leave you alone." she thought
With that she walked out of the castle doors, before running into a certain orange pegasus,
" We have to stop running into-"
" Shut up with the cheesy romance line." she said with a roll of her eyes.
" Oh uh well I. " He cleared his throat " Well, Princess Twilight will you go out with me tonight?" He said a bead of sweat making it's way down his face. something clicked within Twilight, she no longer felt the strain of Midnight's influence and she no longer felt angry or hurt. She felt free.
" Yes of course, I will need the time,place,attire, and so forth."
She said pulling out her schedule
" Oh um, yes. It will be at the Crystal Copela, 6:00, and classical I suppose?." he said rubbing the back of his neck with his hoof.
" Alright all set, see you then." She said smiling, for real in true happiness, for what seamed for the first time in years.
" Maybe I can ask Rarity to make me a-"
[i]' STOP right there, What the BUCK was that. And NO, we are not going to Rarity for a stupid little dress. Do you really think he can fill in what those blockheads did to you. They DITCHED you, and what about what they said huh. Did you Suddenly FORGET, that little train of thought!?!'
" Your-your," she sighed in defeat walking away to her room.
' That's what I thought!' Midnight said inside Twilight's mind.
" Your-YOUR WRONG!,AND I DON'T NEED YOU ANYMORE!!" She yelled inside her head. blasting Midnight away from her train of thought for now.


' Well how did that go blockhead!' Midnight asked angrily to 'The dark one'
" I don't understand everything was going perfectly, until...THAT STALLION!" The Dark ones cloak came off revealing a Dark Unicorn with a dark snarl.
" And you shall NOT treat me that way YOU will treat me with the Proper RESPECT! DO YOU UNDERSTAND!"
' Yes master.' Midnight whimpered
" Now I suggest you go back up there and deal with Twilight."
' Umm how do you intend for me to do that master, she kind of is filled with-' Her cheeks puffed out as she replied ' Love! Ugh!'
"I understand, and I will take care of things from here. All I have to do is spread my darkness further inside her mind and then she will-"
' You done monaloging, or am I gonna have to find away out here myself.'
'The Dark One' snarled, turning in a 180 turn around.
' Ok okay, I get the memo. I will just-'[/be][/in] 'The Dark one' flashed his horn which was curved and red matching his Ruby red eyes.
" Get out of my site"


Flash waited patiently for Twilight. He was wearing a Dark blue Tux, with a red tie, and a white crystal rose. He looked up at the clock, 6:00. She probably, didn't come. Just then the doors opened revealing Twilight, She was in a Stunning dark purple dress, black slippers, and her mane was done up in a classy bun.
" Sorry I'm late." Twilight said blushing, Flash didn't notice he was too busy looking into those sparkling violet eyes.
" Huh, oh yeah. Right this way, I got a table outside. I heard you like to look at the stars so I thought when it got dark that-"
" Thank you." She said, putting an end to his endless ranting.
" Oh, here you go." He said passing the rose to her, putting in her mane.
Twilight blushed, deeply.


The night went on very well, the Princess and the Guard talked throughout the dinner. Until the subject, of her 'Friends' came up.
" So what about your friends, how are they?" He said after a mouthful of Hay and cheese soup.
" Um well, they, um." She shifted in her seat, not sure how to proceed.
Flash put his hoof on Twilight's, giving her a caring smile.


Twilight let it all out everything that happened, though the last four days. From her painful experience to her friends 'betraying' her.
" Twilight I am sure, that was all just a dream. Your friendship is one of the most powerful things I have ever seen, I know you can get through anything." He said nuzzling Twilight.


" What, WHAT! THIS STUPID PEGASUS, HAS SET BACK EVERYTHING. I THINK IT IS TIME, I take matters into my own hooves!" He said, crashing his hooves onto the solid, atmosphere. Making shadows rise up and cover everything, Black Crystals jutting though everything tearing through all the memories of her friends. And most importantly, Destroying every good, happy feeling she felt around Flash Sentry!
" Now Twilight you shall be Mine!" He said as his eyes lit up green as the corners took up Purple wisps of smoke. A dark, deep cruel laughter, turned dark and menacing. " You shall be mine."


Twilight was walking back with Flash, when a pain hit her. It started in her head and spread, through her veins and into her heart.
" NO, not again!"
" Twilight are you okay!?! "
Twilight's world went black as the pain numbed her senses.


"Twilight, Twilight!" Flash said trying to get the Princess up when she opened those beautiful sparkling eyes.
" Ugh! I have to go!"
"Wait Twilight, I." He dropped his head in sadness, him thinking he could have a chance with a Princess. How stupid was he?


Author's Note:

Well, I had to. The Flashlight ship was a little hard to write, and also please don't hate me for it! I had to write it, to continue the story. Well hope you like the story, and tell me if I did something wrong
(Besides the Flashlight ship):twilightsmile: