• Published 30th Jun 2012
  • 801 Views, 2 Comments

Lets Dance! - Saphin



There's a dance contest in Equestria, the prize is a wish by Celestia, how far will Rarity go to win

  • ...
 2
 801

First Round of Judgement!

As the music thumped out the last beats, Rarity took the opportunity to size up her competition once again. As she suspected, Fluttershy and Big MacIntosh were disqualified for not dancing. The two left and sat together at a table. Rarity looked around but couldn't find Applejack or Rainbow Dash anywhere; they must have been upset about losing so quickly that they left.

Pinkie's overly hyper dancing was apparently enough to save Twilight from elimination. A few couples were asked to leave, though, including a couple of pegasi who swayed lazily to the beat above the dance floor. The first round of judging was complete but there was still plenty of ponies left.

"Want some more punch, Rarity?" Spike offered, eagerly.

"Spike, we need water if we are to be properly hydrated for this competition. Who knows how long this will go on for." Rarity eyed Trixie suspiciously as Trixie whispered to her colt companion and pointed at her.

"So, no punch then?" Spike asked.

"No." Rarity affirmed.

Spike shrugged and headed off to the punch bowl anyway. Rarity rolled her eyes and joined Twilight and Pinkie in the queue for the water fountain.

"Wow! I haven't danced that hard since Pinkie's last party!" Twilight's cheerful demeanor was just slightly irksome to Rarity. If only Twilight knew how poor her dancing was! Rarity wanted to tell her she should've been told to leave, but couldn't bring herself to hurt her friends feelings.

"Yes, the music is quite good," Rarity smiled and agreed, as she strained to be as amiable as possible.

The queue moved quickly enough, and soon it was Rarity's turn at the fountain. But just as she was about to take a sip, an all too familiar voice stopped her.

"Well well well. If it isn't one of Twilight Sparkle's entourage," the voice jibed. Rarity spun around and found herself face to face with Trixie's familiar, smug, smiling face. "Hello green haired wonder!"

"Trixie!" Rarity's voice dripped with venom. "What do you want?"

"Can't I just stop by and say hello to an old friend?"

"We are not friends!" Rarity spat.

"You wound me, friend of Twilight. But no matter. All I really wanted to say was, "good luck". I hope nothing... unfortunate happens to you." Trixie swished her tail and snapped it inches from Rarity's face causing her to flinch. Trixie laughed as she walked away.

"That showboating pompous..." Rarity stopped and quickly composed herself. "No matter, Rarity. She's beneath you. You're graceful style on the dance floor will more than put her to shame. You've nothing to worry about," Rarity smiled to herself, took a sip from the water fountain and found her way back to the dance floor.

"Spike, are you ready to win this?" Rarity said, just loud enough for every nearby pony to hear. She felt confident and she wanted everypony to know it.

"You bet!" Spike bounced excitedly next to her.

Trixie and her mysterious colt friend walked over and took a spot next to Rarity and Spike.

"Hello, everypony. Hello, Twilight's friend," Trixie taunted.

"What are YOU doing here? Didn't Twilight teach you a lesson last time you were here?" Spike narrowed his eyes as he spoke.

"Isn't it past your bed time, dragon?" Trixie jeered.

"Everypony ready for the next round?" The mayor called. The ponies all stomped their feet in approval as Vinyl Scratch started spinning the next hit.

Trixie nodded to her colt companion who stomped hard down on Spike's tail. Spike cried out in pain and grabbed his throbbing tail.

"Just WHAT do you think you're doing!?" Rarity beseeched. Trixie just grinned cruelly as her horn glowed. A flash of light later and Rarity knew what had happened. She could feel her perfectly styled mane had been rearranged into some horrid mess.

"Rarity! Your mane!" Spike covered his mouth, scared to speak of what horror had befallen it. Rarity looked around in panic. She saw Mr. and Mrs. Cake making their way towards them.

"DANCE, SPIKE! NOW!"