• Published 27th May 2016
  • 171 Views, 0 Comments

Split Struck Spare - Josh Crapo



Following the New Dust Ride, Air Wiff, Aura Draft and Dry Stone explore the potential of their power alongside deciding what to do with the remains of Equestria.

  • ...
 0
 171

Hang Time

"Air Wiff. I have brought who you dearly miss. And I know you’re going through a lot, but everyone is too, even the yaks. For all I know, Endless Riches misses you near and dear."

"That... sounds a lot like what I would say to her if she did. Cleaning up Cloudsdale is definitely not easy, and what happened between me and, you might know who, doesn’t help matters in the slightest, nor did it with over-reminiscing of you and Wrench."

Hut nudges Air Wiff. "Then it’s about time a couple of pegasi helped you."

"Shall I call a couple of your other friends?"

"Snow Flake and Cool Aid! That’s it! No need Queen Shell, I got things from here."

"Very well. If need be, call me once more. I am sure I can give you advice any further."

"Thanks."

Queen Shell teleports out, leaving Hut with Air Wiff.

"Who do you want to contact?"

"Snow Flake."

"Okay. We have one result. No 1. Snow Flake."

"Number 1."

"Snow Flake is a former teen star pegasus known for operating the winter wing of the weather factory seamlessly solo..."

"Call."

"Calling..."

When Snow Flake picks up the call, she's stunned by who she sees. "Air Wiff?!?"

"And Hut."

"Hey, Snow Flake. Could you contact Cool Aid and tell him to meet you at Zebramala? I think the Zebras might have a chemical needed to clean the stained clouds over at Cloudsdale. I’ve made a map of the city so I’ll know where to go."

"On it."

"Oh, are you with a changeling?"

"No, I’m solo, although I do miss Map quite a bit."

"Oh."

"Well, good luck," Hut says.

"Okay. Hey, want me to grab you two a Peace-a Cola each? I’m sure there’s some when I get to Changico."

"I’m sure you could get some. Ever since Queen Shell took the throne, immigration’s been enormous, with the glaring exception of the past few months."

"Just like how-" Air Wiff gasps, realizing she has gotten Dry Stone into her thoughts. Afterwards, she starts to sniffle.

"Um. Are you alright, Air Wiff?"

"Oh, I-I’ll be fine."

"Are you sure?" Snow Flake asks.

"Air Wiff, that needs to stop. You’re doing yourself harm by lying to yourself."

"I really don't want to talk about-" Air Wiff gulps. "that musician."

"Dry Stone?"

In response to Hut’s mention of Dry Stone, Air Wiff hugs Hut, sniffling harder.

"Hey, no one’s stopping you from talking about Dry Stone, or really anything."

"But I can’t! I don’t want to!" Air Wiff yells.

"You can. The only one stopping you is yourself."

"Huh?"

"Can I have your whitewatch?"

Air Wiff lifts her left hoof, where the whitewatch is, before Hut takes it off and puts it on her left hoof via levitation.

"So, I guess I’ll see you later then?"

"Yeah. Bye." Hut turns off the video feed. "Air Wiff."

"Yes?"

"Do you think I could log on to your whitewatch?"

"Okay."

"Thanks."

"A-are you going to con-" Air Wiff reluctantly starts.

"Yes, I am. Okay, log off. hut@craftsmares..." Hut hums his password.

"Who do you want to contact?"

"Dry Stone."

"Okay, we have 1 Result. No. 1: Dry Stone."

"Number 1. Call."

"Calling..."

"Hello?"

"Hey Dry Stone."

"Hey Wrench, what d-"

"Hut."

"Oh, Hut. Are you with Air Wiff?"

"Yes, she's here."

"Okay. I wanted to talk to her anyway."

The whole time, Air Wiff continues sobbing.

"Okay."

"Air Wiff?"

Air Wiff looks up to the whitewatch, coughing in the process.

"I’m sorry, about everything I’ve done. I was at fault for snapping at you, and now, I-I wanna move on. All I ask is that you forgive me."

"Y... you mean it?"

"Yes. Cross my heart in hope of flight, I will never sleep at night."

"Okay... I forgive you."

"Thanks."

"I’m sorry about setting you off. I had no intention to do that."

"I understand."

"Thanks."

"Well, I gotta get back to Mud Stick and Node."

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye," Dry Stone says before the video feed turns to static.

"Thanks, Hut."

"Perhaps we should get some sleep."

"Hey, I have an idea, I haven’t shown you Endy yet!"

"Endy?"

"I call her Endy, but her name is really Endless Riches. I payed her a visit in Yakyakistan when I was just a filly."

"Oh. Well, you go ahead, but I’m going to head back to Changico."

"Okay."

"Meet you tomorrow?"

"Yep." Air Wiff nods.