• Published 9th May 2016
  • 848 Views, 5 Comments

Tirek's Revenge, or How Revenge Can Create Justice - Mistershield



Tirek seeks his revenge, but he can't do it alone. An unlikely ally appears, and a long and arduous trial awaits Princess Twilight Sparkle. One she has never encountered before. Is she up to the task?

  • ...
2
 5
 848

Chapter One- Tirek

Chapter One:

Tirek


“Ponyville Station!”

The train, being pulled by ponies, came to a stop at the station with a loud hiss as steam was released into the air. After a moment, the doors on the side cards started to open and ponies started to emerge. The sounds of hooves hitting wood started to fill the area, along with the sounds of voices, hugs, and greetings. Ponies of various colors hugged each other, while many simply smiled and moved away to head into the actual town.

Once all of the initial commotion was finished, a final passenger moved out into the platform and looked around.

“Well, at least the weather is nice…”

Conductor smiled as the doors closed, glad the last passenger had stepped out. “Oh, you’ll find the weather in Ponyville is rarely awful mister. While not the most popular tourist spot, this little town has had a lot of news for the last year or so.” The blue earth pony moved a hoof up to push his blue hat in a greeting, leaving a smile to the stranger that faced him. “Plenty of green grass and vegetation, and most of the pony folk and downright neighborly and friendly. If you need any help, you’ll find it.”

“You don’t say. Which way is it to Princess Twilight’s castle?”

“Oh, head for the center of the town. It’s the only crystal building in the whole town, not to mention it pretty big. Can’t miss it.” Conductor smiled as he got on the train. “Good luck to you stranger.”

“You have my thanks.”

The train started once again, and Conductor watched as the stranger walked off. “Hope that centaur makes it ok.” he mused out loud. He turned to look down at the passenger list to read his name. “Tirek? Now where have I heard that name before. I know his red and black colors I’ve seen before...”

____________________________________

“Now that we have a new library for Ponyville set up, we need to get a new name,” Princess Twilight spoke. She was gathered around the throne room, around the Crystal Map room. She only had two other people with her though. Spike, her loyal dragon assistant, was on his own seat. At her other side though, sat Mayor Mare.

“I agree, though wouldn’t it be simple just to call it the “Twilight Library?” Mayor Mare asked, a hoof at her muzzle to push her glasses on her eyes. “I know that this is now your castle, so it seems like a good name.” She smiled, since in all honesty, the new library was much more larger, had a larger selection than the old one, and was sponsored by Princess Celestia, Luna. and Candance. “Or maybe the Trinity Library? You know, after all the Princesses?”

“I was kinda hoping to name it Golden Oaks Memorial Library myself,” Spike spoke up, holding a quill and feather in both claws. The purple dragon whelped closed both eyes a bit, missing his old home a bit. His spines fell a bit from his normal cheerful state.

“Indeed, I will miss my town Library. I had it here for years,” Mayor Mare lowered her own head in thoughts.

“Those are all wonderful names,” Twilight sighed, also struck by a sudden pang of loss. “And Golden Oaks will always be in my heart.” She closed both eyes a moment to push back her feelings to sit straight again. “But I can’t be vain, nor do I want to be selfish. This new library needs to start from somewhere, and I want it to start right. I don’t feel picking a name myself. Golden Oaks belonged to Ponyville. This new library must belong to Ponyville as well. That is why I can’t pick a royal name.” She stopped a second to look at Spike. “And while it would be nice to honor the old one, I don’t want it to be like the old one either. We had rarely any visitors or ponies. And those that did visit, almost never borrowed a book. Even now, I don’t want Ponyville to think their new library is unapproachable that it’s part of my castle.”

Both Mayor Mare and Spike nodded, understanding her words.

“What about it we had the ponies vote on a name?” Spike volunteered.

“Oh, I tried to setup a campaign for that,” Mayor spoke up. “But too many wanted it to leave it to Twilight since she is a new princess and it is part of her castle. They would feel it an honor to name picked out by her.”

“Back to square one then,” Twilight sighed. “What if I selected three names, and then we have the town vote on the best one? I still want them to feel this is their library.”

“That’s not a bad idea Princess Twilight,” Mayor Mare squeed in a smile. “We should pick the names then.”

“Alright. I will pick three names then. But I would like to sleep on them first.” Twilight smiled, glad she could come up with a compromise. “I want them to be great names.” Spike nodded as he wrote things down quickly on his scroll. “One of them will be definitely Golden Oaks Memorial. If the ponies want their same name for their library, I will not take that away from them.”

“Of course Princess, I will come by tomo-”

“Twilight Twilight Twilight!”

The three gathered picked up their heads and quickly turned to look at the front doors being slammed opened by an over excited Pinkie Pie. The pink pony quickly rushed to the surprised ponies and place both of her front hooves on the map table top. Her chest heaved up and down quickly as her eyes darted back and forth.

“Pinkie Pie!” Twilight blurted out, quickly moving to get off her throne to stand. She knew that look, and that was not a good one. While Twilight had been a witness to Pinkie Pie’s outbursts, she had rarely seen that panicked look. Something was wrong. “What is it? Danger? Changelings? Discord made every pony wear socks again? The Twicepter appeared again?”

“No! It’s Tirek!” Pinkie shouted, her small chest heaving up and down. “But-”

“Tirek?!” Spike, Mayor Mare, and Twilight immediately shouted that name out loud. Twilight immediately charged her horn with magic power and made a snarl. The talks about Golden Oaks had made her even more made as she flew out to confront the centaur.

“But Twilight!” Pinkie Pie raised her hoof out to try and stop her friend as the alicorn flew off. “Stop! It’s not what…” Too late, Twilight was well out of shouting range.

“Pinkie?” Spike hopped on the map and walked to her. “If it is Tirek-”

“No no no!” Pinkie sighed. “Tirek is so so so…” Mayor Mare and Spike raised eyebrows as Pinkie had moved her front hooves up in front of herself to spin in circles and think of words to explain it. “You have to see it for yourselves!”

___________________________________

Twilight flew out of her castle as fast as she could, angry look on her face as she gathered a spell into her horn. She saw a huge crowd of ponies making a herd at the center of town. She spotted the centaur at the center of the herd, and a wide circle formed around him. She spotted the familiar red, black, and white colors of the centaur so easily. At least he was not super huge. Why were her little ponies not running away to safety?! “Tirek! I am going to make sure that this time, nopony will ever see you again!”

Immediately all of the ponies turned to look at the princess and give a cheer. The centaur also picked up his head, and finally turned around to face her.

“You know my name?” Tirek spoke, left eyebrow raised in question.

Twilight’s eyes immediately opened wide, her expression changing from anger to confused. The magic power stored for the spell was unraveled, and she landed into the ground. Well, crashed into it, leaving a trail of split earth as her momentum pushed her forward along the ground. All of the ponies rushed to her side, sounds of gasps, questions, and concern filling the area.

“My word!” Tirek quickly rushed to her side, his upper body bending down to scoop up the Princess to look at her face. “Are you alright?” One hand held her up in the air as the other hand moved to wipe the dirt off her form. His face showed concern, eyes narrowed to study her form for any damage.

“Uh I could have sworn I just saw Tirek,” Twilight muttered, both eyes closed as she winced in pain.

“But you did…” Tirek spoke, placing her on her feet. “Can you stand? That was a nasty fall.”

“But you’re not Tirek!”

_____________________________________

Meanwhile, in Tartarus

Tirek picked up his head from the cell floor, eyes narrowed as he stood up. The old centaur moved both hands to grasp the cell bars and hold them in a tight grip. As snarl formed on his face.

“It begins. And this time Twilight Sparkle, I will have my revenge!”

Author's Note:

Tirek is on the loose again?
But its not Tirek?
What is the plan?