• Published 10th May 2016
  • 6,029 Views, 109 Comments

Kazemon of The Wind - Masters-of-the-Elements



I was just a normal deadbeat, workng as extra muscle at a Con, when something happened to me, I don't quite remember and now I'm in a strange land, in a strange body. This is my story, of how I finally found my family

  • ...
20
 109
 6,029

Those who lurks in the Shadows: Part 1

Kazemon of the Wind:
Those who lurks in the Darkness:
Part 1


“…Today, I consider myself the luckiest pony in all of Equestria!” the crowd cheered as their newest princess finished her speech.

Simpletons, all of these creatures are simpletons, arrogantly thought a creature that lurked in the shadows of the city.

If somepony would to looked in an alley located near the castle, he or she might have seen the figure clocked head to hoof in a ratty brown robe. Then again, if somepony did actually looked at the alley; they would just see a disgruntled janitor thinking that he was going to have one bad headache because he would had to clear this mess up by himself.

Such was the magic that the creature, Dusk for lack of a better name, possessed.

Dusk watched as the event unfolded, and then hurried into the castle once every single pony was busy watching their new princess strolled down the street. The mysterious figure grinned when he saw the halls of the castle empty. It was just like he expected it to be, the simple creatures were too wrapped up in their silly event to even post guards in the castle. He made his way down the hall, looking at something hidden within his robes and when grinned he got a reaction.

“Finding my prize would be easy,” Dusk whispered to himself confidently.

“Halt! Who goes there?”

Dusk groaned and turned to face none other than the princess of the night. From the way things looked, the second oldest princess must have been leaving and just happened to see Dusk. The lunar princess was looking at the mysterious figure with a healthy dose of suspicion

“I ask again; who goes there?” Princess Luna asked again, glaring at the mysterious creature suspiciously. “And why do you wear something that hides your face?”

Dusk rolled his eyes under his hood. Of course one of the more slightly advanced simpletons would be able to see through his magic. Not that it matter, he realized, as he had something that could handle even a princess. He took out said item from a pouch hidden in his cloak, and snapped his hand out, sending something flying straight towards the youngest of the Royal Pony Sisters.

“GAAH!” Luna cried out as a thin disc, partially wrapped in cloth hit her on the forehead, right beneath the horn. The second eldest princess recovered quickly and glared at the intruder as she began to advance on him. “You dare to assault the princess of the night? You shall feel my wraith as I personally take you to the pickles, and I will have you hang by the carrots, and-and.”

The lunar princess began to stumble as her words become less coherent and it wasn’t long before she fell flat on her face.

“Oh, Mister Tomato, your sandpaper skin is so rugged,” was the last thing the princess spoke before the effect of the toxin took hold completely and she fell into a deep slumber.

Dusk growled angrily as he heard Luna began snoring like wild bear.

“Well, isn’t this great?” the mysterious figure grumbled angrily. “This just made my task so much harder. There’s no way I can get this sleeping “princess” out without some of these simpletons noticing. And it wouldn’t long before these simpletons realized that one of their beloved “princesses” was missing. So what can I do to distract these simple creatures so I can complete my task?”

Like the world was answering him, Dusk heard something hit the floor and turned around to see a maid with a feather duster at her feet. The mysterious figure was already on the move, as he readied another one of his disc to throw at the pony. He stopped when he noticed the faint green glow hidden deep within the maid’s eyes.

Dusk grinned as he disappeared from the sight of the maid and the young unicorn looked around frantically for the mysterious creature. The maid stopped her wild searching when a hand was placed onto the back of her head, and her eyes shrunk to dots.

“Now, let see if I’m right about you…”Dusk mused softly as he used another unknown spell to across the maid’s mind. “Just as I thought…a changeling from the Green Hive, no doubt here to collect energy from these simple creatures during their simple celebrations. Let see how many had gotten into the capital city this time…hmm, only 24, including this one here.”

Dusk grinned as a thought popped into his head, and he began using the hive collective mind for his own goals. “Now lets see…just a little work on the magical defenses these creatures put on their mind, and…we have drunk changelings, with an unhealthy obsessive for more love. Hmm, this is interesting, it seems some of the changelings have summoning orbs. I can use that.”

Dusk sent the next 2 and half minutes watching events unfold through the magical link he had with the changeling. He grinned when a defeated changeling used one of his modify orbs to summon a bug-type digimon, and he knew that was his cue. Instead of leaving the changeling, quickly he decided that it could be useful to him, as it has been at the castle for a few months.

Just a quick spell to flip the changeling’s loyalties, and the two were off, as the chaos that was happening outside was enough of distraction to allow them to sneak around the castle without much problem.


(…)


“Xana, you are sure this is the location?” Dusk asked his new changeling minion condescendingly

Changeling Collection Drone-X-I-I-9-0, now know as Xena to her new “Prince”, nodded quickly. “Yes, milord…this is the room where Princess Celestia holds the item that pre-dates even the founding of Equestria.”

Dusk didn’t even bother to respond to the drone, he instead just pushed the door opened and walked right in. The room was filled corner to corner with items, mostly vases and other pieces of pottery and some painting. Dusk wandered over to the right side of the room, a faint beeping noise getting his attention. Using the noise like a map, the mysterious figure eventually came to a large vase roughly half his height and where the beeping was at it loudest.

Dusk looked at the vase, and could tell the story it painted surface was telling, but that old history didn’t interest him, as he brought down his right hand onto the piece of art, it shattering on impact He grinned as a glowing object emerged from the destroyed piece of art, and he aimed his left hand at it. The mysterious object was absorbed into the bloodstone red and ash black D-tector, and Dusk looked at the screen, his emerging good mood leaving him when he realized something.

“ONE SPIRIT!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!” roared an angry Dusk, as he began swinging his right arm wildly, smashing some of the artifacts. “OVER A THOUSANDS YEAR I HAD SEARCHED AND I ONLY HAVE HALF THE COLLECTION!!”

“My lord,” Xena interjected calmly.

“WHAT!?” Dusk snapped fiercely at his new servant.

If Xena was affected by her master’s outburst she hid it rather well. “As you ordered, I have using the link that my brothers and I share, and I had learned that the creature that was summoned had began a fight with anything unusual creature.”

“AND WHY DID YOU THINK THAT WOULD INTEREST ME?!” Dusk asked angrily.

“Because through our link, I can see the two-legged creature in the purple outfit fighting the creature as we speak,” Xena replied calmly.

Dusk’s anger quickly subsided, and he ran out of the storage room, knocking the changeling in opened door to the floor in the process. The changeling, for her part, just picked herself up and followed after her new master.

It didn’t take long for Dusk to reach a window and what he saw made him grin under his hood. He watched as the digimon known as Kazemon soared high into the air, making the bug-like digimon follow her.

So either a simple pony had found the spirit and was able to use it, or there’s another displaced here, Dusk thought logically, as he watched the hybrid digimon and the pure digimon climb higher into the sky. He grinned as plan quickly formed in his head and he looked at his new servant. “Xena I have a task for you.”

The changeling simply bowed and awaited her new orders.

“I want to follow that creature in purple closely, but insure you’re never seen by it. I also want a weekly status update, find out everything you can about that creature, if she’s a pony that can transform or if she’s something completely different,” Dusk explained carefully, like he was speaking to a child. “Do you think you can handle that?”

Xena simply bowed, and then looked to the skies, green fire covering and soon the lime-green unicorn was replaced with a sky blue Pegasus. The transformed changeling bowed once more, before it headed out to follow its orders.

Dusk grinned to himself as he looked down at his digivice and watched as the human spirit of fire, the beast spirit of light, the two spirits of metal, the beast spirits wood and ground, and the human spirit of thunder and ice scrolled by. He put his device away as the two final spirits began to appear on the screen.

“It may have taken longer then I calculated, but my goals were finally within reach,” Dusk said softly. “Soon, I will take my rightful place as something far above all of these simpletons.”

Author's Note:

And with that we come to the end of Act 1. Also be on the look out for side-stories that would explain my, "ahem" unusual take on some of the well known lore of MLP: FIM.