• Published 8th May 2016
  • 1,700 Views, 22 Comments

Another Chance - EldinKaiser



Two girls that have been dealt an awful hand at life meet in a rather unusual circumstance.

  • ...
4
 22
 1,700

Ch. 7 (Opening Old Wounds)

I began to stir, yawning out softly to not wake Lemon, then reached up to check my phone to see that is just turned 5 AM. I looked up at Lemon who had her back towards me and was still asleep. I smirked softly and scooted close up to her and wrapped my arm around her to pull her close to me. She began to stir a little bit and curled into me. "Good morning beautiful." I said softly.

A tired smile came along her face as she rolled over to face me. "Hey, Kitten." She said, snuggling closer to me. "What time is it?" She yawned out.

"It's about 5 AM, give or take a couple of minutes." I said, resting my head on her chest.

She looked at me and smiled and began to play with my hair. I looked up at her and smiled softly. "Mmm, you're more cuddly than usual." I said with a smile.

"While you were asleep, dad swung by again. He explained that he basically scared you half to death, but then he told me everything you said." She said, I could feel my face light up as I pulled the blankets up over my head. "Though I kind of jumped on him for scaring you, but I guess he's just looking out for me." She said.

She looked down at me and pulled the blanket back down. "Why are you blushing?" She asked.

"D-Did he not tell you that I said that I someday maybe wanted to be...well you know." I said, blushing more.

A sly smirk came along her face. "He did, but that's in due time, Kitten." She said, leaning down to kiss the top of my head.

I nodded softly and smiled. "So what time do we have to be at school?" I said, not really wanting to get up.

"I have no idea. Though since we agreed to be Wondercolts, we have to get there when everyone else does." She said.

Shortly after we heard a knock on the door. "Who is it?" Lemon called out.

"It's AJ! Yall need to be getting up soon to meet everyone." She said.

"Yeah, sorry, we're not even out of bed yet. You can come in though, it should be unlocked." Lemon said.

AJ walked in and looked at us still cuddled up to one another and laughed softly. "Well, don't yall just look adorable." She said with a smile.

Lemon sat up and stretched out. "Well, hopefully, when you talk to Dash today, you'll look the same." She teased to get AJ to blush slightly.

"Y-Yeah, about that." She said, glancing down.

"No, before you start. You're not going to back down!" Lemon said.

"I-I wasn't! I'm just scared if she may deny me." She said, blushing deeply.

I got up out of the bed and began to get dressed. "Well, what makes you think she'll say no?" I asked.

"It goes back to what I said yesterday. What if she doesn't like me like that? I mean, I'm still worried of ruining our friendship." She stated.

I looked over at Lemon who had her phone out and was typing something. "Just to make sure, Dash is the girl who has the rainbow colored hair, right?" Lemon asked.

"Y-Yeah, why?" AJ asked to only see a sly grin on Lemon's face. "Lemon, no!"

"Lemon, yes." She replied, dropping her phone.

"W-What did you say?!" AJ asked, starting to worry.

"I just said that you and her need to talk about something. I didn't mention anything other than that." She said with a grin.

AJ's mood went from worry to anger. "W-Why did you do that?!" She snapped.

"Just to make sure you don't back out of it. Trust me, you'll thank me in the long run." Lemon said, walking past AJ to pat her on the shoulder and walked into the bathroom.

"I'm gonna shoot you, Lemon!" AJ called out.

I couldn't help myself but to laugh at the situation. "It's not funny, Sonata." AJ pouted.

"I know, but she's right. You need this boost to make sure that you actually go through with it." I said with a smile, pulling my hair out of the back of my shirt.

She looked at me and shook her head. "What if it doesn't work, though?" She asked.

"Applejack, if we had our doubts, we wouldn't have put you in this predicament." I said with a smile.

"Ah guess so..." She said, sighing in defeat. "Well, Ah guess I'm off to school. I'll see yall later." She said, walking out of the room.

Lemon came out and looked at me. "I may have lied a little bit." She said with a slight smile.

I rose a brow and looked at her. "What did you do?" I asked. She handed me her phone and I opened up to read.

"Hey Dash, didn't you have a thing for AJ?'

Who told you about that?!'

No one, just a hunch, but you could surprise her by doing something extravagant, maybe kiss her? You might be surprised in what she does. Don't worry it'll be good."


There was nothing after that. I looked up at Lemon and sighed heavily. "How did you know?" I asked.

Lemon sat down on the bed and smiled. "Well, yesterday, Dash was giving AJ bedroom eyes basically. Started to put two and two together. I'm surprised AJ didn't notice." She said with a smile.

I nodded softly and sat down beside of her. "Well, hopefully everything will work out for the two." I said, resting my head on Lemon's shoulder.

"It should, unless something bad happens that may prevent them from talking today." Lemon said, wrapping an arm around me.

"We should get ready to head to school soon." I said, not wanting to get up. She nodded and stood up, grabbing my hand and pulled me up.

"Yeah, c'mon." She said with a smile.

As we arrived at school, there stood AJ and Dash just casually talking at the entrance. "So do you think they done anything yet?" I asked.

"Not yet, they're just talking right now, neither of them are overly excited or giddy." Lemon said, moving closer to hear, but to stay out of sight.

"H-Hey Dash? Can I talk to you about something?" AJ asked.

"A-actually, before you do, I got something I need to do." She said.

"Oh? What would that b- HMPF?!" Dash took that leap of faith first, the both of them blushing deeply.

Shortly after, AJ wrapped her arms around Dash to pull her closer, a smile slowly forming along her lips. They finally broke apart, the both of them red in the face. "S-So, what made you decide to that?" AJ asked, a dumbfounded smile on her face.

"A little birdy told me to take the chance." She said with a smile that would match AJ's. "So what were you needing to talk to me about?" Dash asked.

AJ blushed and smiled. "Well, I was going to ask you out to dinner." She said. Dash laughed softly and smiled.

"What do you think my answer is going to be?" Dash said, pure bliss in her eyes. Finally me and Lemon came out, giddy smiles on our faces.

"Awww, you two do make a cute couple!" I called out.

They both froze and looked at us, their blushes getting worse. "So, just by chance, was that little birdy who told ya to do that, Lemon or Sonata?" AJ said.

Dash looked at her and nodded. "Yeah, she told me that I wouldn't be upset about it either. What about you?" Dash asked.

"Yup, though Lemon told me that she texted you telling you that I needed to talk to you about something." AJ stated. Shortly after the both of us got glared at.

"What?! It's not like either of you were denied. If anything I helped you two." Lemon stated.

They both sighed and nodded softly. "Yeah, she's right." Dash said, resting her head on AJ's shoulder.

A few seconds later we heard a loud shriek as Pinkie sprinted past us, almost knocking us over. "You two are together now?!" She screamed out.

They both looked and nodded, blushing deeply. We looked at them and smiled. "Well, we're going to head inside. You two have fun!" Lemon called out as we walked into the school.

Surprisingly enough, we were accepted by everyone. We weren't given the cold shoulder by anyone and nobody ran away when they saw me. After the events at CPA I was expecting so much worse. Around the end of the day, we all met up in the back of the school, AJ and Dash even more inseperable than before. "It's surprising, that two people who are from two different cultures have bonded so well." Rarity said.

We all looked over at her, slightly confused. "What do you mean by that?" Sunset asked.

"Well, Applejack is your typical country girl who's constantly working and Rainbow Dash is the exact opposite of that. She's raised in the city and is extremely lazy. Plus she has an ego the size of this planet I do believe." She stated.

"Well, yeah, but I guess you can say in this case, opposites attract. I mean, look at me and Twilight, or Lemon and Sonata. We're kind of polar opposites, but we all love each other and there's nothing that can change that fact." Sunset said with me and Lemon nodding.

Rarity nodded softly. "Speaking of your Twilight, where is she?" Rarity asked.

"She had to go back to Equestria and deal with some things there. She said that she'll be coming back this weekend though." Sunset said with an overjoyed smile.

"Do you not worry about what's going on while she's away?" Rarity asked.

"Nope." Sunset said, as she reclined on the bleachers.

"Why is that?"

"Rarity, it's simple. I know Twilight wouldn't do anything to hurt our relationship. I trust her with everything in me." Sunset said defensively, slowly starting to get angry.

"Sunset, I wasn't implying anything." Rarity said.

"Well you could have fooled me." Sunset growled out.

"Alright, girls yall behave now." AJ stated.

They both looked at her and nodded. "Yeah, besides, Twilight wouldn't be the type of girl to cheat." Dash said, looking at Rarity with a slight smirk.

"Oh! That only happened once! Besides, he was talking to other girls and I thought that he deserved his own medicine." Rarity said, defending herself.

"Well, it was that Blueblood guy and he was kind of a little prissy priss, so no harm done there." Dash said with a smile, leaning against AJ.

I looked over at Rarity and cocked my head slightly. "Who all did he cheat on you with?" I asked.

"Oh, geez, there is a list. Though it was mostly girls from CPA. Though when I got in contact with most of the girls, they didn't even know he was in a relationship, let alone how many other girls he was with." She said.

I looked over at Lemon, who just had a look of panic on her face. "Um, Rarity, I may have been with him as well." Lemon said, ashamed of the fact of admit that.

I rose a brow, slightly annoyed. "Wait, how long ago was this?" I asked.

"You know the guy I told you about who was abusive, both physically and mentally?" She asked.

I nodded softly, trying my best to maintain my anger. "He done what to you?!" Rarity asked.

Lemon gave a defeated sigh as she looked down at the ground. "Well, when he tried to force himself on me, I kept pushing him off. That was until he pinned me down and began to choke me. I begged for him to get off until I ended up kneeing him in the groin. After that, he just kept calling me ugly, useless, and a whore. Saying that I've slept with countless of other guys." She said, pain filling the tone of her voice.

Rarity looked at her, horrified at the fact that all this happened. "Oh my, what else did he do to you darling?" Rarity asked.

"Nothing else, I was able to get away before he could try anything else."

"Where does this bastard live?!" I growled out, my body trembling with anger.

"S-Sonata! Wait, it's ok now. I'm not with him. I'm with yo-"

"He hurt you and tried to rape you! I want to see him suffer!" I said, my eyes slowly starting to turn red.

Lemon backed away in fear of me and Sunset stormed in front of me. "Calm down, Sonata!" Sunset snapped. "Twilight has had her fair share of piece of shit boyfriends! I want to beat the hell out of them as well, but she won't let me and out of respect for her. I'm not going to. Don't you think you should do the same!" Sunset said, staring me down.

I ended up, unknowingly, growling at Sunset before coming to my senses. "Y-Yeah, I guess you're right." I said and sat back down, my body still trembling with anger.

"S-Sonata, are you going to be ok?" Lemon asked me, slowly inching back over to my side.

I nodded softly, then looked over at her to still see fear in her eyes. At that moment, the anger washed away, the only thing I felt was regret for scaring the only girl that meant the world to me. "I-I'm so sorry." I said, looking down at the ground, hating myself for scaring her.

She reached over to me and wrapped her arm around mine to pull me closer to her and placed her hand over my head to rest my head against her chest. "It's alright. J-just please calm down." She asked of me.

I nodded softly, curling up against her. I sat there in silence, hearing the others talk about their day. The only thing that was running through my mind was what just happened. That I just scared the only person who I care about. I hated myself for it and nothing that can be said could fix it. As the sun slowly began to sit, the moon now visible in the sky. We all took our separate ways and began to head home.

As we walked down the road, Lemon looked over at me and tilted her head. "You've been awfully quiet today, Kitten. You sure everything is alright?" She asked.

I nodded softly in reply as we rounded the corner to the hotel we were staying in. We walked inside and up to our room. Lemon walked in behind me and locked the door as I sat down on the bed, my gaze still focused on the ground. "Alright, what's wrong?" She said, crossing her arms.

It felt like gates were broken inside of me as I broke down. "I-I am so sorry. I scared you early and I didn't want to do that. It's just, after I've heard so much. I just want to see you happy. Even though I've done my best to lock away this monster inside of me, it still comes out. It still lurks inside of me, and it's going to end up driving you away." I cried out into my hands. "I'm still a freak. I'm still a monster. I should never be loved."

"SONATA!" Lemon snapped out. "You listen here, and you listen good!" She demanded as she walked up to me and kneeled down to meet me face to face. "Regardless of what may have happened in the past, regardless of what you done, what you have inside. There is nothing, and I mean nothing that could ever change my mind about you." She said.

I looked at her, my eyes stained with tears. "Lemon, you're better off without me. You deserve so much better." I cried out.

"Oh yeah? Like who? Because out of everyone I know, and trust me I know a lot of people, you are the only one who can make me happy. You are the only one that makes my days brighter, Sonata." She said, tears starting to stain her golden eyes. "I would give up my entire family if it meant that I could hold you every night and to wake up to you by my side every morning." She said, wrapping her arms around me to pull me close to her. "You are mine and nothing could change that." She said, kissing the top of my head softly.

I nodded softly, trying my best to control the tears. "I love you and only you. Please, don't ever forget that." I heard her say in a stifled sob. I couldn't speak, knowing that if I did. I'd start crying more. I nodded softly and wrapped my arms around her to pull her close to me.

"I-I love you too." I said in between gulps in attempts to control myself. "Do you want to lay down?" She asked. I nodded softly once more as she sat down beside of me to pull me on top of her.

"No matter what the problem might be, we will find a way to fight through it. Ok?" She said in a more cheerful manner.

I looked up at her and nodded softly. "Promise me." She demanded, sticking her pinky in the air. A soft smile formed along my lips as I stuck my pinky up and wrapped it around hers.

"I-I promise." I said before curling up close to her.

"No relationship is perfect, Kitten. That's why we fight through the problems and if we do that, we will come out stronger on top. I mean, think about how many problems Sunset and Twilight probably faced and you see how close they are now." She stated, a bigger smile forming along my lips.

"Alright." I said before resting my head on her chest, her heart drowning out the sounds of the outside world.

Regardless of the fears I may have, I feel at home when I'm with her. For all I care, I could live in a box in the middle of the street, as long as I have her, I am happy. I felt her move around slightly, trying to get comfortable underneath me. "I have to ask something, Kitten." She said, looking down at me.

I looked up at her, my eyes still bloodshot from crying. "Hmm?" I hummed out. "Would you really drop everything just to possibly be my bride?" She asked. I felt my face light up instantly.

I know she asked me this to cheer me up and to get my mind off of what I said earlier. I pulled my hands up to cover my face. "Y-you have no idea. I would do anything to be with you." I said, blushing even more.

"Sooo." She started a big grin developing along her lips. "If I was to randomly come up to you with a ring, what would you do?" She asked.

"Do you really have to ask?" I said, smirking softly.

"Well, it could end in one of two ways. Either you'll be overly excited or you'll say no, but I figure it'd be you overly excited and extremely giddy. Speaking hardly understandable one-word sentences." She teased.

I blushed even more and nodded. "You know me so well." I said, leaning up to kiss her.

She smiled and petted along my back. "Do you feel any better?" She asked.

I nodded softly and curled up closer to her, grabbing her hand and intertwined my fingers with hers. "I love you, my beautiful Lemon Blossom." I said in a blissful state.

"I love you too, Kitten." She said, pulling me close to her.