• Published 8th May 2016
  • 1,700 Views, 22 Comments

Another Chance - EldinKaiser



Two girls that have been dealt an awful hand at life meet in a rather unusual circumstance.

  • ...
4
 22
 1,700

Ch. 6 (New Beginnings)

"Well, Lemon, you're cleared to go." Celestia said with a smile, though she turned towards me. "As for you, Sonata." She paused.

I hung my head low, expecting the worst. "Principal Celestia, I have changed. My ex-friend Adagio was the one who basically controlled me, telling me to act like that. I promise anything and everything you hear about me from this day on will be good things. Just please, give me this second chance." I pleaded, looking up to her.

Celestia looked over to Luna, the two just stood there in silence before Luna broke the silence. "So, if we allow you back in, no more trying to possess half of the student body as well as the faculty?" She said.

"No, ma'am. I will give everything I have to make sure that I give this school a good name." I said with a confident smile.

They returned the smile and nodded softly. "Well, this is how it's going to play out then." Celestia said, sitting back down at her desk. "You two are to join the wondercolts. From what I seen, before you walked inside the school. You are already familiar with all of the members. Also, Lemon, you were an A B student, am I correct?" Celestia asked.

"Yes, ma'am. I have never failed a single class."

"Not true." Citron said.

"W-Well, I did fail my music class, but it was being taught by someone who thought the actual term for a sharp note was hashtag." She said, slightly embarrassed at remembering that fact.

"Was it seriously that bad?" Luna asked.

"You have no idea. She didn't know the difference between a treble and a bass clef. She thought fortissimo stood for soft and pianissimo stood for loud. Need I go on?" She asked.

"Oh wow, how in the world was she ever employed to work there." Celestia said, in complete shock.

"Also, Mrs. Celestia." Citron said as he stood up. "Something I'd like to ask."

"Ok, what is it?"

"Do you have any other students from CPA? I'm getting ready to run an investigation on CPA over bribery, misleading conduct, and embezzlement. The reason I need to talk to them is because if there is more students who had the same exact treatment as my daughter, then I'd like for them to stand with me." He said.

She pondered for a second and nodded. "We do, but please understand, I am not allowed to give out a list of names." "I understand, ma'am." "I can, on the other hand, make an announcement stating that. That's about the best I can do, though." She said.

"That would be appreciated. I'll have one of my lawyers up here as well so that no one can claim any shady business is happening." He said with a smile. Celestia smiled back and nodded, then directed her attention to me and Lemon.

"Well, seeing as how it's the end of the school day. You are free to leave. Though we expect to see you two here tomorrow. Is that understood?" She asked.

"Yes, Ma'am." The both of us said, turning to leave.

As we stepped outside of the office, all the worry instantly left my body as I took a deep sigh of relief. "So, next thing on the plate." Citron said. "We have to move you two here in Canterlot. Lucky enough, I know an apartment complex not too far from here that's over a shop. Nice little place, not even a mile away from the school or my place." He said as we walked outside.

"Wait, I already have my rent paid up for this month and this month only began." Lemon stated.

Citron glanced down at her, grinning deviously. "Don't worry and leave that to me. I'll have all of your stuff moved out of the one apartment and moved to this one by tonight. If not all of it, I'll atleast have your bed and tv moved in. By the time you two get back from school tomorrow it all should be up and ready to go." He said with a smile.

"Actually, can we stay with you tonight dad?" She asked.

He looked at her and smiled. "Well, of course. Only thing I ask is no mamby pamby on the couch. I don't want to hear you all in the middle of the night. From what your neighbour told me. He was able to hear you two in the early hours of the morning." He said, with a sly grin.

We both looked at him, our faces turning a deep shade of red. "I-I didn't think we were that loud." I said.

"Hmm, you do make some cute noises when my fingers take control." She said. "As I nibble along your neck, letting my fingers ex-"

"Lemon!" Her dad called out. "You're still in public damnit. Wait until you're in private for that type of behavior." He said.

I had lost every ounce of my thoughts I had. My face red and hot. "I-I'm going to get you later." I said, blushing once more.

"Oh, baby. Can't wait." She teased.

"Lemon, what did I just say." Citron said, his own face blushing from hearing all of this. "I don't want to know about my daughter's sex life, nor do I need to think about it." He said, trying to shake the thoughts out of his mind. "Would it be better if I got you two a friggen hotel room? That way you two can have your privacy and I'll be able to sleep tonight." He said, opening the door to his truck.

We looked at one another and shrugged. "Sure, that sounds good to us." Lemon said with a smirk.

"Dear god, you are definitely my child." He said, shaking his head. "Alright, you two pick out the hotel then!" He said as we got back into the truck.

"Well, any of them works. Maybe something close?" I asked.

"Actually I think that there's a hotel near the apartment I'm getting for you two." He said, pulling out of the parking lot.

We pulled up to the hotel that looked like something from a movie. Beautiful landscape, amazing appearance on the outside. all together it was outstanding. "Well, damn, this looks better than my own house." Citron said with a smile.

Lemon and I stepped out of the truck with Citron following behind. "So you don't mind putting me and Sonata up here for the night?" Lemon asked.

"Well, I'd rather do this than hear you two moaning all night. A hotel room is cheaper than a therapy bill." He stated.

When we walked in, Big Mac was standing there with AJ. "It's a shame that our home's gettin' nuked due to all them critters eatin' at the wood. Hopefully we'll be able to get rid of them and be back home b'for to long." AJ said as Mac nodded.

She looked over to see us and smiled. "Well, howdy yall. What are you two doin' here?" She asked.

"After everything that happened at CPA. We're moving down here to Canterlot, so while our stuff is getting moved, we're going to be staying here." I said.

AJ nodded softly. "Yall, never really said what happened, but since yer gonna be stayin' here t'night, Ah guess we can talk if yall feel up to it." She said.

"We'll have to see. Just trying to get over thing that happened today." Lemon said.

"Well, alright. Me and Applebloom's probably gonna go to the pool. They actually have a hot tub in there as well. So we may end up hittin' that up as well." She said with a smile.

We both nodded softly. "Yeah, we may end up going to the hot tub. It'd be nice to actually sit down and relax." Lemon said.

"Well, hold it you two." He said, walking over from the desk. "I know the type of stuff that goes on in hot tubs. You two better behave." Citron said with the both of us blushing once more.

AJ looked at us and rose a brow. "D-Dad, trust me, we're not going to do that." Lemon stated.

He looked at her and smirked softly. "Well, I'm going to head on out. I'll swing by to bring you two some clothes later." He said.

"Wait, we don't have a bathing suit or anything." Lemon said, looking back at him.

"Well, Ah got a couple of pairs that I've never worn. Was gonna wait till Applebloom could fit in em, but when I got to lookin' I figured that they weren't meant for young ones." She stated. "Yall might be able to fit in them. Ya just may gotta tie it tighter for the chest."

We nodded softly. "Well, let us go to our room and then we'll probably meet you there." I said with a smile.

"Well shoot, we're actually getting ready to head on up. Figure out what room yall are in and we'll meet yall up there." She said, turning to step in the elevator to hold the door for us. We rushed over to the front desk and got our room key and darted towards the elevator as well.

We walked up to her room to only see our room is right in front of hers. "Give us a second to let us put our bags in our room and we'll be right over." Lemon said, the both of us walking into our room to only see a magnificent queen sized bed in the middle of the room.

I couldn't help myself. I sprinted past Lemon and dove into the bed, curling up in the blankets. "It's so comfy!" I cried out.

She looked at me and laughed softly. "You act like our own bed isn't." She stated.

"W-Well, yeah. True." I replied, laying back and stretching out.

I laid there, my eyes closed to only feel her crawling on top of me. "You know, we could skip the hot tub." She teased. I blushed deeply and looked up at her.

"W-Well, I was kind of hoping to go to the hot tub." I said, blushing even more.

"Aww, c'mon kitten." She said, leaning down to nibble along my neck.

"Um, excuse me yall." AJ's said as she stood there watching us. Lemon darted up, blushing deeply as she looked back at AJ. I wasn't able to move, my body froze to the bed.

"S-Sorry, kinda got lost in the moment." Lemon said.

"Ah wasn't even gone for five seconds!" She stated. She then looked at me. "Is she gonna be alright?" AJ asked, pointing down at me.

"Yeah, give her a second." Lemon said.

Surely enough, I rolled over, blushing deeply. "J-Just ignore me!" I said, pulling the blankets over myself to try and calm down.

"W-Well, here's the bathing suits. Y-Yall can keep them after." She said.

"Thank you AJ." I called out from under the blankets. I heard the door shut with me coming out from under the blankets. "That's not fair." I said, looking at Lemon. Pouting slightly.

She looked at me with a sly grin. "It's cute though, I was close to getting you to make that adorable little squeak you do." She said.

"Lemon!" I pouted out, blushing even more. She laughed softly and helped me off the bed.

"C'mon kitten, let's go." She said, handing me a dark blue bathing suit bottom with a white top.

"Ohh, this looks pretty." I said, looking at it.

"Well hurry up and get dressed." She said, getting ready to putting a pink two piece bathing suit. I nodded and began to get dressed as well.

We grabbed a couple of towels to cover ourselves in as we stepped out of the door to see AJ and Applebloom waiting on us. "About time yall get outta there." She teased.

"So what do yall plan on doing?" Applebloom asked.

"Well, we just plan on going in the hot tub, maybe jump in the swimming pool later." Lemon said as she grabbed my hand.

We walked down the stairs and swimming pool room and looked around to see a pretty decent sized hot tub on the other side. When I looked around, I smirked, dropping my towel and instantly jumped into the pool. "Oh! It's cold!" I shrieked out as I came back up.

Lemon looked down at me and laughed softly as she walked over to the side of the pool. "I could of told you that, kitten. I swam over and looked up at her and nodded softly.

"Well, I didn't think of that at the time." I said, pouting softly.

She reached down and extended her hand to help me up. I reached up to grab her hand, though grinned deviously. "Oh no." She said, right before I pulled her into the water.

She came back up and glared at me, as I was already sitting on the side of the pool with an innocent smile. "Don't give me that look. You're the furthest thing from innocent, Sonata." She said, swimming over to me.

I smirked and stuck my tongue out at her. "That's revenge for earlier, my beautiful Lemon Blossom." I said with a smile, wringing my hair out.

She sighed and got out of the pool, shivering slightly. "O-Ok, let's go to the hut tub." She said, wrapping her arms around herself and rushed over to the hot tub. She gave a sigh of relief as her body sank down into it.

I walked to over to Lemon as AJ and Applebloom eased their way into the pool. Then eased my way into the hot tub myself. "Mmm, this is nice." I said, as I laid my head on her shoulder. I felt her wrap her arm around me and pulled me closer to her.

"It'd be nice to have a house with a hot tub in the living room. That way we could just watch tv and relax." She said. I looked up at her and rose a brow.

"Lemon, we would never leave it." I stated, looking up at her.

"Yeah...true." She said.

I looked up at her and smiled, nuzzling into her. "I love you, my beautiful Lemon Blossom." I said. She smiled and kissed the top of my head, pulling me close to her.

"I love you too, kitten."

"Hey sis, do you think you'll ever find a bond like they got?" Applebloom said with a grin.

"Ah'll find someone. Just give it time, sugercube." She said.

"I thought you were with someone AJ?" Lemon asked.

"W-Well, he was kind of a jerk. Claimed to be a good ol' country boy, but didn't know his way around a tractor. Nothin' but a darn city boy." She pouted.

"I'd figured you and Dash would have been together by now. You two are almost inseparable as it is." I said to see her blush lightly.

"W-Well, I'm not really into girls, but I have thought about it a time or two." She said.

Lemon looked at her and moved to the other side of the hot tub. "Well, have you actually ever tried?" Lemon asked.

"N-no, not really. Usually, I'm too busy with workin' the farm to actually focus on a relationship anyways." She stated.

"Girl, you need to take a day or two to relax." Lemon said.

"We are. That's what we were planning on doing while we're here at the hotel. Take a small vacation and then try to catch up with all the work we've missed." She said, stepping out of the pool, letting Applebloom play in the water.

Lemon looked over at me with a sly smirk. "Well, while you're taking time off, why don't you try to talk to Dash?" Lemon asked.

AJ blushed once more. "W-well, what if she doesn't like me like that. Just might ruin our friendship." She exclaimed.

"Well, doesn't hurt to ask her out on a date." I said, scooting beside of Lemon, perching my head on the side of the hot tub.

She looked and scratched her head. "A-Ah guess so." She said, considering the option.

"C'mon sis! Do it, from what I hear from Scootaloo, Dash has been looking for a special someone for a while now. Maybe you can be that special someone." Applebloom stated.

AJ looked at her and blushed slightly, biting at her lip. "F-Fine, I'll ask her tomorrow after school." She said with a defeated sigh.

Lemon, Applebloom and I smiled. "Trust me, you won't regret it." Lemon said with a smile.

"Ah hope not." She said, sitting down on the side of the hot tub.

"Well, with a butt like that, who could say no?" I teased.

"Sonata!" Lemon snapped with a grin.

"What? It's the truth." I said with a small laugh. AJ and Lemon rolled their eyes at me.

"Well, I guess we're gonna head on back to our room. Ah got a lot to think about." AJ said. "C'mon Applebloom." She called out as she was walking towards the exit.

"Actually, sis. Can I stay here and talk to Lemon and Sonata?" She asked.

AJ turned to look at us. "Would yall mind watchin' her for a few then?" AJ asked.

"Of course not." I said with a smile.

"Alright then, I'll be back here in a little bit. Gonna go and get dried off and dressed." She said, walking out of the room.

Applebloom swam over to the side to look at us. "So, I gotta ask. How did you two come across one another?" She asked.

Lemon looked over at me. "You wanna tell the story?" She asked.

"Eh, sure. why not." I said with a smile. "Well, originally I was living with two other friends. One of them who I utterly despise now, but we got into an argument and she slapped me and I knocked her out. I wasn't sure what happened so I just took off running. Well, when I finally stopped. I broke down and didn't want to live anymore." I said, a wave of depression hitting me.

"I felt like I was alone in the world, I felt like no one would ever want to be around me." I paused and then looked over at Lemon a smile forming on my face shortly after. "Then she saw me out in the middle of the street, crying my eyes out. Not to sure what possessed her to do so though." I teased.

"I was worried!" She pouted.

I smiled and kissed her cheek softly. "I know sweetie, but she came up to comfort me. I was scared of her at first, though. Despite me trying to push her away. She offered me her jacket in the middle of the cold street. Then offered for me to stay with her. At the time, I was still trying to shy away from her, but when she started to leave. I didn't want to be alone. I just wanted to have someone around." I said

I looked down at Applebloom who had a sense of awe in her eyes. "What else happened?" She asked.

I laughed softly and smiled. "Well, she took me home and offered me something that I haven't had in a long time. I warm home. Then tacos... maybe it was the tacos that lured me in." I teased as Lemon splashed me. I smirked softly and wiped the water off of my face.

"So you only love me for my cooking? I see how it is." She teased back.

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close. "No, I love you for you." I said with a smile.

"But anyways, she made me feel happiness. Something that I haven't felt in a long time. Then on the second night of me staying with her, I felt something new, I felt a heavenly bliss. I literally felt something that was once foreign to me and that was love. I didn't know the exact word for it, nor did I know the emotion, but with her, she shined the light into my dark, dark world." I said, holding her close to me.

"I wouldn't trade this for anything. Even if I was offered a chance to take back my old life. I'd say no." I said, as I rested my chin on her shoulder to make myself comfortable.

I looked down at Applebloom who's now sitting on the side of the pool. Her eyes still filled with awe. "T-That's such a beautiful story." She said with a smile. "Maybe one day, I'll find my very own special someone." She said with a smile.

"You will, you're a beautiful young woman. Just give it time." I said with a smile. "Let me just go ahead and tell you. If you meet someone and they hurt you, emotionally or physically, get rid of them as soon as you can. They're not worth your time. If that ever happens, come to AJ, Mac, or me and Sonata if you have to." Lemon said with a stern voice.

Applebloom nodded softly and smiled as AJ came back into the room, her hair floofed out from drying it. "Did she behave?" She asked.

"She was a little angel! She was wanting to know how me and Lemon met so we told her." I said with a smiled.

"I'm actually curious about that myself. Would yall mind telling me the story?" She asked.

"I was actually getting ready to get out of the hot tub, Lemon, you mind taking this one?" I asked, stepping out of the hot tub and began to dry off.

Lemon nodded and began to tell her side of what happened up till we met. "Well, my version's different from hers, but it has the same outcome." She stated. laughing softly. "I was in countless of abusive relationships due to my mom, who tried to pair me off with jerks. Well, the day before I met Sonata. I just got out of another relationship with a guy who used to call me ugly along with a whole bunch of other things." She said, looking down in pain of remembering the memories.

"On top of that he used to pin me down and...well, you get the idea. Anyways, I left the guy the day before and came across Sonata sitting in the middle of the road, tears flowing from her eyes. I was worried and went to check on her. Granted she was mean at first, but after a minute of talking to her I told her that she can come home with me." She stated, scratching her chin to remember further on.

"At first she was as timid as a kitten, scared of just about everything and anything around her. Though when she started to warm up, I saw that kind-hearted, beautiful woman that I am with today." She said with a smile.

"Wait, so is that why you call me kitten?" I asked, leaning over the hot tub to look at her.

"Yup!" She said with a smile, leaning up to kiss me.

I rolled my eyes at her playfully and smiled back. "Well, I'm going to head on up to the room. You two can finish the story." I said, turning to leave.

"Alright, I love you, Kitten!" She called out.

"I love you too, Lemon Blossom" I said, walking out of the room. I started up the elevator and walked out to see Citron standing in front of our room.

"Hey, Sonata. Something that we need to talk about." He said, his voice almost in a low growl.

I felt a chill go down my spine, worry instantly hitting me. "O-Ok." I said, walking up to him and opened the door. I walked in first with him shutting the door behind me. "C-Could I get dressed real quick?" I asked.

"I just need to talk to you." He said, cracking his knuckles. The worry was gone, now only thing I felt was fear.

"O-Ok?" I said, backing up.

"Now, I'm going to put this simple. I have never stuck my neck out for anyone of my daughter's spouses before as much as I have for you. I know you two might be 'in love' but I'm going to make this simple. My two daughters are my life. If you hurt Lemon. I will break you. And I don't mean emotionally, noooo fuck that." He said, stepping closer to me, backing me into the wall. "I will personally break you in half." He growled out.

I collapsed to the floor in terror of him. "I-I'd never imagine doing a thing like that to her. She's the only thing I have in this life!" I cried out.

He glanced down at me, and I could instantly tell that he had regret on his face.

"W-wait, so you weren't kidding about your friends abandoning you?" He asked. I quickly shook my head.

"N-No, sir." I said shakily.

I heard him give a sigh of defeat as he sat down on the bed.. "Holy shit." I heard him say. "I'm sorry... Usually, any time that I've heard one of her ex's say that, they're just saying that crap to try and get a free ride from her." He said. "I am so, so sorry..." He said once more.

"S-Sir, I was alone and had no one by my side when she found me. I owe her my life." I said, slowly pushing myself back up. "Lemon gave me a reason to live. She gave me a purpose and that purpose is to do what I can to make sure that she is happy." I said.

He looked up at me and nodded softly. "I just want her to be happy. I want to do everything I can to make sure that she has no more sad or depressing days."

"Ok, I understand." He said. "I'm sorry for scaring you like that. I have to though because of what she's been through. I don't want to see her go through that again. I want her to be happy Sonata. That's all any father could want." He said.

"I understand, but sir, I have high hopes that one day that I can be more than just girlfriends with her." I said, blushing deeply at confessing that.

He looked at me and rose a brow. I then saw a small smirk form among his lips. "Well, I'd always thought about a son-in-law, but if what you are saying is true, I'd proudly take you as my daughter-in-law." He said with a smile.

I looked at him and smiled back slightly. "S-So do you understand how much your daughter means to me?" I asked.

He nodded softly and sighed. "Yeah, I understand." He said with a smile. "Well, Sonata, when I said it before, I was just saying it make Lemon happy, but now, I sincerely mean this. Welcome to the family." He said, opening up his arms.

I stood there for a second until he motioned for me to come to him. I cautiously walked up to him as he wrapped his arms around me. "Once more I'd like to say sorry. I just want what's best for her." He said.

"As do I, sir."

We broke the hug and he stepped back. "Well, I'm going to head on out. Your clothes are in the bathroom. You have a good day Sonata." He said, turning to leave.

"You too, dad." I said watching him step out. I laid down on the bed, trying to process everything that just happened. Shortly after Lemon walked in, trying to dry out her hair.

"Did dad ever drop off our clothes?" She asked.

"Yeah, they're in the bathroom." I said, sitting back up.

She looked over at me and smiled and walked over to me and laid down beside of me. "So what did AJ think of the story?" I asked, turning to face Lemon.

"Well, she was in shock of everything happened, though she said it's good that we finally found someone who makes each other happy." She said, placing her hand on top of mine.

"Yeah, it's about time we both found that one person to make all our troubles go away." I said with a smile.