• Published 8th May 2016
  • 1,700 Views, 22 Comments

Another Chance - EldinKaiser



Two girls that have been dealt an awful hand at life meet in a rather unusual circumstance.

  • ...
4
 22
 1,700

Ch. 2 (Feeling Complete)

When I woke up Lemon was already gone. I whined out softly and sat up, stretching out, the tank top sliding off of my shoulder. I rolled over to try and get comfy again to fall back asleep, but sadly enough, I heard a knock on the door. "Noo, I don't wanna get up." I cried out, pouting.

The knock was heard again with me groaning. "I'm coming! Sheesh, give me a second!" I yelled out, finally getting out of bed, the blanket draped over my shoulders as I stumbled along the house.

I opened the door to see a man in a movers uniform. "A man named Citron told us to deliver furniture here. He said a woman by the name of Lemon Dusk would meet us."

"Yeah, you're at the right place. I'm her friend Sonata, just start packing it in. I'll figure out what to do with it." I said, walking back in and walked into the kitchen. "Coffee? Coffee? Does she have coffee?" I said to myself, looking throughout mostly-empty cabinets.

"She has a coffee pot, but no coffee." I whined, reaching the last cabinet and opened to finally see a container of coffee. "Oh thank go-" As I picked it up, I realized that it was empty and only had pocket change in it.

I groaned out and shook my head. "We're going grocery shopping today." I said to myself and turned to see the workers bringing in the new furniture, unaware of how much is being brought in. Finally, a familiar scent ran under my nose. "Who has coffee?!" I cried out.

Frantically looking around. "I do miss. Is there a problem?"

"Have you drank from it yet?" I asked, making a B-line straight towards the worker. "No?"

"I will give you fifty bucks for it!" I said, pulling out a fifty.

"Ma'am, if you want some, I can just go get you a cup. You're not even a block away from a coffee shop." He said. I looked at him and nodded frantically.

"Please!" I cried out. The other workers laughed and shook their head.

"That's a college student for you. Living off of coffee more than actual food." One of them said.

I looked at the one who said it and shrugged. "No, more like running on two or three hours of sleep and had an extremely stressful couple of days." I stated bluntly. "Speaking of time, what time is it?" I yawned out.

"It's almost four. Jeez, you really have been sleep deprived." One of the workers said, bringing in a bed frame.

"Lemon should be coming home soon!" I cheered out happily, taking off towards the bedroom to put my clothes back on.

When I stepped back out, I saw Lemon standing there, completely in shock at all the new furniture being brought in. "Hey, Lemon!" I said, running up to her and wrapped my arms around her.

"H-hey, Sonata." She said, returning the embrace.

"I guess my dad really wasn't kidding about the furniture." She said, chuckling softly.

"Well, from what I can see. He completely furnished the apartment. Only thing we don't have is coffee. Speaking of which, we need to go grocery shopping today." She looked at me and laughed.

"I brought you a cup from the coffee shop. Figured you may need it." She said, handing me a cup.

My eyes lit up as I snatched it from her and quickly began to drink on it. "Mmm, heavenly bliss." I moaned out. She smiled and walked passed me and went into the bedroom.

"Do you think dad may have gotten us a washer machine and dryer?" She joked.

"Actually yes, though where that's one of the heavier items, they'll be the last thing to be brought up, then we'll have someone come in and fix them up for you." One of the workers said.

"Thank goodness, I don't have enough cash to go to the washers and I'm down to my last set of clean clothes." She said, coming back out of the bedroom in a pair of sweat pants and one of her band t-shirts.

"Heh, cute." I said, grinning playfully. She blushed and smirked softly.

"I could have said the same thing last night." She said, my face matching hers.

A few hours passed with the workers finally placing everything in our requested areas. Now that I've finally woken up, I finally got to looking around to see all the furniture that was brought in. "So, how much do we owe you guys?"

"Not a penny ma'am. Citron already tipped us greatly, enough for all of us to fly around the world three times over basically." One of the workers said.

"Well, thank you so much for your help!" Lemon said, shutting the door behind the last one to leave.

We began to walk around the apartment, looking at everything in awe. When we walked into the bedroom, all of her clothes were piled up to different sides of the room, but in the middle was a magnificent and giant bed that took up a good portion of the room and in front of it stood a massive TV that took up most of the wall.

I walked over to the bed and sat down and sunk down into it, giving a content sigh and closed my eyes "It's like sleeping on a cloud." I purred out. When I opened my eyes back up, Lemon was lying beside of me in the same blissful state as me.

"If my dad actually does show up, remind me to thank him." She said, nuzzling into me softly. "So what do you wanna do today?" Lemon asked, looking up at me.

"Not entirely sure yet, maybe we just lay in bed all day?" I said, smirking down at her playfully. She smiled and curled into me.

"Sounds good to me." She yawned out.

We laid there for an hour before our stomachs began to growl, waking us both up. "Maybe food would be a good idea." Lemon said, her stomach growling back in agreement. I laughed softly and sat up slowly, letting her get up before me.

"Well, how about we go shopping and then grab something to eat." I suggested as I stood up and began to stretch.

"One good thing about where I live, there is a grocery store directly behind the apartment. We may have to make several trips back and forth." She stated.

A knock on the front door was heard, "This is strange, I usually never have so many people show up to the house." She said laughing softly, walking towards the door and opening it. There stood a man who's bald head reflected the sun, his braided beard reaching down to his chest, scars covering his face, his arms bigger than my head.

"Excuse me, miss, but is this the Crystal City Apartments? I swear, I looked around and couldn't find a sign anywhere." He said in a thick accent. She looked up at him and nodded softly.

"Excuse me, but who are you?" I said, leaning against the doorway, examining him closely.

"Well, ma'am, I believe I am your new neighbour. The name is O'Mally! I have moved here from Ireland with my son to see that he has an outstanding education." He said, a gentle smile forming along his lips as he extended his hand for a handshake.

I looked down at his palms to see them covered in callouses and burn marks. I reached out grabbing his rough hand that engulfed mine. "Nice to meet you, but you actually caught us on our way out. We was getting ready to go shopping." I said, releasing his hand and bringing it back to my side.

He nodded and stood aside. "It's been a pleasure to meet the two of you." He said, turning around and pulled out a slip, looking around for his apartment.

When we finally walked passed the man, we darted to the side of the apartment and gave a sigh of relief. "That guy seemed strange." Lemon said to me, running her hand along her arms, trying to shake off any goosebumps she had.

"Yeah, and I didn't see his 'son' anywhere. Wonder if he was telling the truth." I pondered out loudly, looking up at the sky.

"Well, regardless, he's probably just another person trying to live his life, like us." She said with a smile.

I glanced down at her and smiled back, nodding. "Yeah, true."

Thankfully with everything that her father gave us, we've managed to get the cabinets stocked to the brim, all new blankets, bed sheets, pillows, new everything! Finally when we got home and walked up the stairs towards her apartment, O'Mally's door was wide open.

The sound of music wafting through the complex. She looked up at his door and sighed. "Maybe we should tell him to turn it down a bit?" She asked.

"Let's just go inside and get some rest." I said with a smile

We walked in and shut the door behind us, giving out a sigh of relief. "It feels good to be back home." She said, wrapping her arms around me from behind, resting her head on my back. I blushed a bit, freezing up on the spot, kind of unsure what to do.

"So, how does this sound? I order a pizza and we can watch something on TV, your pick." Lemon asked. I smiled and nodded in agreement and walked over towards the couch and flopped down, automatically sinking into what felt like a giant pile of feathers.

Lemon came over shortly after, sitting down beside of me with me leaning over to rest my head in her lap. "So what do you wanna watch?" She said, grabbing the remote from the table to turn on the tv.

"Hmmm, surprise me." She looked down at me and laughed softly.

"If you say so." She said, turning it onto some romance movie.

After we got done eating, I sat up and leaned against her as she wrapped her arms around me once more. The state of bliss filling my body once more as I made myself comfy. Though shortly after, I heard her snoring out softly.

I looked back at her and smiled. I couldn't help but to lean in and gently place a kiss on her cheek. A small smile came along her lips as she pulled me closer to her and nuzzled into the side of my neck softly, quickly getting comfortable once more.

In a million years I would have never thought that I would have found someone, especially after all the bad events in my past. I've never actually felt this kind of embrace. I thought that I would only live as a being, making other people's lives a living nightmare. I'm through with that type of life style. I just want to make people happy. To make up for all my bad deeds. Even if it means that I must spend the rest of my waking days to do so.

I finally began to doze off myself, but surely enough, a knock was heard at the door. I groaned out softly, trying to get up without waking up Lemon, though failing epically in doing so. "Mmm, is everything alright?" She asked, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Yeah, just someone's knocking at the door." I said, walking over to the door to open it, only to see a box in front of it.

I looked around to see who may have left it, but shrugged and pulled it inside. By now, Lemon was sitting up and stretching out. "What's that?" She yawned out.

"Not to sure yet, it just has CPA on the packaging label and it's for me." I said, carrying the box into the kitchen and placed it on the counter.

"CPA? Could it possibly be Crystal Prep Academy?" Lemon asked as she walked up beside of me.

I opened the box to see a letter on top. "Dear Sonata Dusk, it has been brought to my attention that you are within the district of Crystal Prep Academy. We recieved a payment for you to begin your classes this monday. You will be attending classes with your room mate, Lemon Zest. Where you are new, you will be attending a class of conduct with Dean of Students Mrs. Cadence to make sure that you are worthy to be in the school. Sincerly, Principal Cinch." I read out, slightly not wanting to actually bother with school. I looked over to see Lemon excited at the fact that I will be going to school with her.

We began to pull out the uniforms, all of them surprisingly able to fit me rather well. "Well, good thing it's the weekend. I need to end up getting my sleeping schedule back on track." I said.

"I wonder who enrolled you though." She asked, digging deeper in the box.

I walked back over to the couch and sat down, trying to figure out how to even prepare, let alone who enrolled me. Any other time I've been inside a school, it's only to reek havoc. Lemon walked over and placed a hand on my back and smiled cheerfully. "Just follow me around all day and you won't have any troubles." She said with her hearty smile.

I nodded and smiled back. "Ok then. Just ignore me if I start acting strange or anything." I joked.

She smirked and shook her head. "I usually just run from class to class with my headphones in anyways, it kinda puts me in my own little world." I nodded softly, and curled up to her, resting my head on her shoulder.

"So wanna get back to watching the movie?" I asked, with her nodding softly, her cheeks slightly starting to light up.

As we sat there, I looked up at her to see that she was thinking about something. "Is everything alright?" I asked with her snapping back into reality.

"Huh? Oh! Yeah, I'm fine." She said with a smile. I nodded softly, then looked to see her lower lip quivering softly.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking about stuff." She said, blushing deeply. I rose a brow and shrugged softly, resting my head back on her shoulder as we went back to watching the movie.

As we watched, there came a scene of the two main characters finally confessing their love for one another and the both of them sharing a passionate kiss. I looked up at Lemon from the corner of my eye, her smile slowly began to grow faint. Her lip quivering a lot more.

She finally took a deep breath, blushing even more. "S-Sonata, I got a question." She said, blushing deeply. Her hand rubbing the back of her head. I think I had a feeling I knew what she was going to ask, but I wanted to hear her ask it.

"Ok? What is it?" "W-Would you be mad if...if I done this?" She said, leaning up to me, her lips firmly pressed against mine.

Ohmygosh! Ohmygosh! Ohmygosh! I wasn't expecting this! I felt my face light up, my heart racing, everything just froze up. I sat there, my body reaching a whole new level of warmth. Finally, she broke the kiss, pulling away and shyly looking down, I sat there speechless.

"Y-You're not mad at me are yo- HMPF!" I pounced on her, my lips tightly pressed on hers as I held her close to me, small moans escaping our lips.

After a few minutes, we finally broke the kiss, both of our bodies quivering. "S-So I take it you're not mad?" She teased.

I smirked and shook my head. "Oh no, I wish you would have done that sooner." I teased back.

She blushed and smirked, kissing me once more before standing up. "I'm gonna go and take a shower to try and calm down a bit. Though if you want, you're more than welcome to join." She said, a big grin coming along her face. Without hesitation, I sprung from the couch and darted towards the bathroom, our clothes littering the ground leading up to the bathroom.