• Published 3rd Jul 2016
  • 2,350 Views, 22 Comments

The Heir of Cinders - CheezitLover69



Ulric, the bane of the Soul of Cinder, has been teleported to the land of ponies after he committed a great sin. Now he must face the dangers of this new land. However, he hungers for power, and there is one pony that he needs... Celestia...

  • ...
6
 22
 2,350

Prologue

Ulric pulled his sword out of the Soul of Cinder's chest, watching as the tall man fell to the ground, lifeless. His body slowly began crackling, before bursting into nothingness. Ulric had finally completed his task, his purpose in life. However he felt... unsatisfied. Turning back to the Bonfire, he saw a glowing summon sign on the ground next to it.

Walking over to it, he summoned the maker of the summon sign. It was none other than the Firekeeper, who stared at him for a moment, before turning her attention to the First Flame. Slowly, she made her way over to it. Upon reaching it, she knelt down, reaching into the Bonfire and pulling out the First Flame. It tossed and turned in her hand, but she watched intently as it slowly began to die out.

Ulric looked at the flame with a hungry look as the world around him slowly dimmed. He didn't have to die in the darkness, but instead rule over all of Lordran. All he needed was the First Flame, and his wildest dreams could come true. But what would the others think of him for doing such a thing? Would Andre, Hawkwood, Siegward, Yuria, Horace, or Anri ever forgive him?

He hesitantly pointed the sword in his right hand, his breaths becoming hollow. If they couldn't forgive him, Ulric believed that he could never go on with his life. Even with all the power in the world, but he's never had such power. No, he was born unto a poor family. This would be a whole new experience for him, he could even possibly be a God.

He narrowed his eyes on the Firekeeper, and he thrust the sword into her back, causing the Firekeeper to gasp with shock. Ulric then pulled the sword out of her back and watched as she and fell on her side, clutching the First Flame.

He knew that she wouldn't give it up until the First Flame was doused, so he did what he had to.

He walked over to her, but as he neared she brought the flame closer to her chest to keep it away from Ulric. Ulric's patience had run thin, and so he stepped on her head, causing her to lose grip on the First Flame. He then reached down, the flames licking his fingertips. As his hand wrapped around it, he saw the world around him return to its old, light color.

He got on his knees, holding the First Flame up to the Eclipsed Sun in the sky; he wanted all to know that with this flame, he now had all the power in the world. His heart sank though as he looked down at the Firekeeper, but he pushed his sad thoughts aside. He was the strongest being alive, and no one could do anything about it.

He felt a tug on his shoulder, but he didn't budge. Then another, but his reaction was the same. Finally, when he was tugged, he turned his head to see what it was. He saw a bipedal creature walking up to him, and saw that it was no monster that he had fought before; it had red hair, along with a red tail. Unlike it's hair color, it's eyes were a baby blue. And while it had hands, it didn't have feet, but instead hooves. It also had a muzzle that was that of a horse, along with breasts of a human. It also had a horn and wings. She, as he guessed, was fully clothed wearing a silk dress that went down to her hooves.

He looked back at the Firekeeper, then back at this... creature. Standing up, he pointed his sword at the anthropomorphic horse, the First Flame clutched in his left hand; he wasn't going to die, not now. Not after he had come so far to reach this point. If this thing was going to attack and expect an easy win, she would have another thing coming.

"Hello." She said softly, startling him. How could she even speak? Her lips moved like a human's, but she had a muzzle. Maybe Ulric's just lost it. Maybe he's crazy?!

Ulric's grip on his sword tightened, and he made a grunting sound, taking a step backwards. He couldn't speak, but he was sure that this female creature would know what it meant. He saw her eyes look at the flame, then back at him. That's when he began glaring at her, putting the flame behind him.

"Is that what you are worried of? A flame?" She asked worryingly, giving Ulric a look that matched her tone. Ulric simply brought the flame up to his face, staring deeply into it. "Why do you care for that? Are you cold?" Ulric simply shook his head, bringing his sword to the ground and drawing letters. The lady read it as he wrote them, "P... O... W... E... R?" She looked back up at him. "Power?" Ulric nodded, bringing the flame to his chest. "Wai-!" It was too late, as Ulric pushed the flame into his chest. He grunted as pain crawled through his body. He fell face-first into the ground, clutching his chest where he put the flame. His eyes slowly close, and the last thing he saw was the lady standing over him with a worried look on her face before he passed out.

Lauren Faust

Lauren looked down at the man, worry on her face. He may have just risked his life for power, power that his mortal self couldn't handle! She didn't want him to die! Even if they just met, it wasn't right to just leave him there. There were few ways to save the poor fellow, but each one could harm him in the process. However, there was the chance that he would make a full recovery.

She sighed, lighting her horn up and preparing the spell; it would give him certain powers, and also stop the pain. But, hopefully, he doesn't abuse his power too greatly, otherwise Faust would have to pay him a visit. She then cast the spell, his body glowing a faint red color.

She looked at the world around her; nothing but ash and ruins as far as the eye could see... What happened here? Was there some kind of earthquake or war? No...

She looked at the man, studying him; he had said that he wanted power, but how could he do all of this? He had but a sword and armor. It was impossible... was it? No, this man was determined. He must have battled something that caused this destruction. But he wouldn't fight without reward, and he wanted power. Power that he got by fighting something here, and the power she just gave him.

She sighed, opening a portal that led to Equis. As she was about to enter, she stopped and looked at the man; she couldn't just leave him there, he would most likely die from the ash in his lungs. She was going to regret what he was about to do...

Using her magic, he lifted the man off the ground and brought him into the portal with her. If he was as powerful as she thought, he could easily beat her daughter, Celestia, in a fight. But if Celestia was with Luna, they might just beat him. Although, it wouldn't hurt to have a backup plan if they fail, maybe something that is stronger than Celestia or Luna combined. That would be something helpful, but there should be a limit to how much damage they do, maybe enough to where the foe is so weak he or she is unconscious, but not killed. Yes, that would work.

As she closed the portal behind her, she looked at the man that was floating in her magic aura next to her; he could prove a helpful friend, or a powerful foe. She would hate for him to be the latter. But, only time will tell.