• Published 9th Aug 2016
  • 347 Views, 0 Comments

These Dreams of Mine - Little-Miss-Minty



Sadie is blessed with the gift of lucid dreaming. When she goes to sleep, she creates her own world of imagination. And what kind of lucid-dreaming pegasister would visit any other place but Equestria?

  • ...
 0
 347

To Start Sadie's Story

My name is Sadie Anon and I'm a pegasister. Or a brony, if you prefer that. Just know that I love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

I'm in ninth grade and I live in the United States of America. Actual Equestria would be a thousand times better, but I guess the United States isn't all that bad. All I know is that the U.S. isn't the worst place to live right now. I wouldn't say it's the best, either, but... you get my point.

However, I do have my petty teenage problems. I don't have a boyfriend, but that's alright. Heck, I'm only fifteen. I don't need a boyfriend yet, right? Right. That's what I keep on telling myself, at least.

My grades are pretty good. I manage straight A's-- even in Math. Math is my least favorite subject, you see. I understand it, it's just so boring. I like to apply myself creatively, and you can't really do that in Math. It just seems to be formula after formula. To me, at least, it's awful.

Who's Best Pony, you ask? Well, I have a few answers to that question. Twilight Sparkle has always been my favorite of the Mane 6 and I cheered her on when she became a princess. My favorite Cutie Mark Crusader is absolutely Apple Bloom (she's just so cute!) and my favorite background pony would have to be Octavia. Now, I'm certainly no musician, but I certainly have an appreciation for all kinds musicians, and I've always loved Classical Music, especially. My favorite villain? Why, Discord of course! I love him both as a villain and "reformed." It would be a lie to say that I didn't have a bit of a crush on Discord. Oops.

You'd think being obsessed with a show about friendship would help your social life, right? Wrong. I guess you could say I have some sort of friends, but things have really changed since moving to the High School. I sit with a few girls at lunch, and talk to them if we have the same class, but we certainly couldn't represent the Elements of Harmony or something. My best friend-- I guess you could call her that-- named Anna seems to be too concerned with her boyfriend, Alexander, to ever be concerned with me. The worst part, is that I have a crush on him. (What? I think it's fine to have both a cartoon and real-life crush!) I try to be nice, I really, really do, but sometimes it's hard when your entire lunch table starts chanting "Annaxander! Annaxander!" Anna doesn't seem to even notice that it bothers me! We'd been best friends since third grade, but I guess people change. I became a brony, and she became a bitch.

Oh, and it seems I forgot to mention that none of my friends-- or anyone at school-- know that I'm a pegasister. The only people that do know are are my mom, my dad, and my 12-year-old brother, Zack. My grandparents on both sides know, but they just think that I'm a little girl that likes My Little Ponies; they have no idea that the fandom even exists. My parents aren't exactly supportive of my bronydom, but they're not exactly against it, either. They'll get me a pony here and there for my birthday or Christmas, but they certainly wouldn't attend BronyCon or something with me. Zack makes fun of me for liking the Show and being a part of the Fandom, but I've seen his internet history-- he's watched more than a few episodes without me. (He totally loves it-- he just won't admit it!)

Outside of school, I have a few hobbies, most of them pony-related. I love to write and read fan fiction, as well as discuss the show in MLP Forums. I occasionally doodle ponies, though I must admit that I'm not the best artist out there; I just do it for fun.

Hobbies are fun and all, but my favorite thing in the world... is sleep. Now, this might sound silly at first, but I can lucid dream. At the age of twelve, around the time I joined the Brony Fandom, I saw this analysis video of the episode "Sleepless in Ponyville." This episode and the review got me thinking: is it really possible to be aware that your dreaming? I started reading more and more about the subject, learned it was called "Lucid Dreaming," and trained myself to do it. I started to keep a dream journal, and through the WILD (Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming) Method, I was able to do it. By the age of fourteen, I was a pro-lucid-dreamer. I knew I was dreaming, so I set up my own perfect dream reality. I could summon people, dream characters, and I could interact with them. A month or so ago, in August, I got an absolutely amazing idea: Why not visit Equestria in my dreams? I mean, living in the World of Equestria is every brony or pegasister's dream, and I could do it! I got to work.


Now, visiting Equestria in my dreams was a bit of a challenge at first. I wanted an authentic experience, you see. I didn't want to control every aspect of these dreams, because I wanted to interact with the world realistically; I did want these characters to be, you know, in character, though.I wanted to be able to interact with them like real people-- or real ponies, I suppose. It was a good thing I started writing fan fiction when I was thirteen, and soon became and avid writer, because by the time I started lucid dreaming in Equestria, I could write most of the characters as if they were myself. I knew these ponies so well, and hoped I could channel that knowledge during my sleep.

Before I could start dreaming, though, I had to make a pony version of myself, a ponysona! No human belongs in Equestria, and especially not a girl like me! I have curly, messy, light brown hair with light, peachy skin and a whole ton of freckles. My crooked teeth are being straightened by rainbow braces, and my eyes are a mostly-brown hazel. However, I wanted my ponysona to reflect me, and who I wanted to be in my dreams.

First, I created a name and a talent. Since I love to write, I decided on my cutie mark being a quill pen and inkwell. Looking at my cutie mark, I tried to come up with a fitting name. The first thing that popped into my head was Quill-And-Ink, but I quickly decided that that was a terrible name. I thought and thought, trying to come up with variations and new things altogether, but Quill-And-Ink was stuck in my head. Soon, I resulted to saying the name "Quill-And-Ink" really fast until it sounded like something better, and not long after that, the nonsense name Quilla Nink was born. "Quilla Nink" really grew on me, and soon, I came to love that name.

Next, was my ponysona's design. After messing around on various online ponymakers for a while, I decided on how Quilla Nink would look. She was to be a very light pink unicorn with a chocolate brown and strawberry red mane. As for the mane's style, I decided on messy curls that fall over both of her shoulders, and my tail would reflect my mane. My eyes would be like Pinkie Pie's, except that my irises would be brown, not blue. My cutie mark's feather pen would be red and the inkwell would be black. To this day, that design continues to be how Quilla Nink looks.

Now, I had my ponysona.

Before actually dreaming, I sort of mapped out my dream. I didn't want anything too crazy to happen; after all, this was to be my first time in Equestria! In my dream, I didn't want to awkwardly move to Ponyville, so I decided that I wanted all of the characters to already know me as a friend. In this first dream, I decided on a very simple storyline. I would meet up with the Mane 6 and we'd all go to Sugarcube Corner. Pinkie Pie would make us sweets and we'd talk for a little while. Just being a pony was going to be enough for me!

I was so excited! I couldn't wait for the nighttime so I could join the ponies in Ponyville.

And that, my friends, is the beginning of how, I, the fifteen-year-old Sadie Anon, became Sadie by day, and Quilla Nink by night.