• Published 17th Jun 2012
  • 2,127 Views, 31 Comments

Love In The Clouds - SoarinLove1234



Rainbow Dash shares a night with Soarin, but her friends are anything but happy about it.

  • ...
5
 31
 2,127

Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Ponies cheered wildly as the Wonderbolts performed various high flying and daring stunts. Soarin wasn’t feeling very competitive, however, and let the others have the spotlight. He was nervous about approaching Spitfire as he had something he wanted to talk to her about. During their final race that afternoon, he hung back letting Spitfire take first place followed closely by the others while he came in dead last.
“Whoa Soarin, are you feeling okay? You’ve never come in last before?” Spitfire asked him as she landed gracefully before him. He looked her slender golden body over and admired the way her tight flight suit hugged her flank.
“Uh yeah I’m fine…” He replied and smiled goofily. Spitfire looked him over suspiciously. She knew him better than most ponies and knew when he was hiding something.
“I’ll be in the showers if you want to talk.” She told him and trotted off, her orange and yellow tail swishing from side to side tauntingly. With a gulp, Soarin followed after her. He entered the Wonderbolts locker room and saw Spitfire wiggle out of her flight suit. She used her gorgeous wings to fan herself and he couldn’t help thinking how beautiful the Pegasus mare before him was. Though it was normal for ponies to not wear clothes except on special occasions, seeing Spitfire’s nude body caused Soarin to become aroused. He’d been with her before over the years they’d been dating on and off, but she never failed to get his attention. He quickly stripped out of his own flight suit not caring who saw him in his excited condition and rushed over to the mare that was now letting the shower trickle down her back over her wings. Her eyes were closed while she enjoyed the refreshing liquid rinsing away the sweat of the competition. Soarin couldn’t stand it any longer and jumped up onto his hind legs locking his fore hooves tightly around her waist. She whinnied in surprise, but then smiled at him with a back of her long eyelashes letting him know that his advances were very much welcomed. He entered her quickly from behind and she welcomed him gleefully with a loud knicker. Soarin mated her for a good long hour before they both fell over in exhaustion not caring that the shower water was still raining down on them.
“I’m so…sor…sorry about that Spitfire, I don’t know what came over me.” Soarin said and looked away from her shamefully.
“Don’t be sorry, you’re amazing Soarin!”
“But we’re still broken up, aren’t we?”
“Only if you want us to be.” Spitfire replied and stood up on wobbly legs. After getting her bearings, she grabbed a towel that was hanging off a nearby hook and threw it over her back. “But I don’t see a reason why we shouldn’t be together.” She said and began to head out of the locker room.
“Spitfire wait!” Soarin called and rushed over to her. She turned to face him, her big hazel colored eyes staring at him in a questioning gaze.
“Yes Soarin? What is it?”
“Oh um well I wanted to ask you…that is…I…”
“You what?” She questioned and gasped when he kneeled before her bringing out a small box. He flipped the box open revealing a beautiful diamond ring nestled inside.
“Will you be my mare?” He ask gazing up at her with his jungle green eyes.
“Oh Soarin! Of course I will!” Spitfire exclaimed and Soarin slipped the ring onto her left fore hoof while others around them clapped and congratulated the couple. As Spitfire admired the engagement ring, Soarin couldn’t help but think of Rainbow Dash. He knew that she would be heart broken when she found out that he was intending to marry Spitfire, but the one night stand they’d had didn’t mean that he loved her. He’d been in love with Spitfire for many years and he knew that she loved him back.
“Are you alright?” She asked and nuzzled him affectionately.
“Oh yes I’m fine, just thinking about you becoming my mare.” He replied and nuzzled her back. The two stood there cuddling when Rainbow Dash suddenly appeared from what seemed like out of nowhere.
“Hey Soarin! I was gonna go and practice some of my new stunts and thought maybe you’d like to come with…me?” Her voice trailed off when she noticed him and Spitfire touching muzzles and nuzzling. She let herself drift down until she was standing directly before the happy couple looking at them with her head tilted in confusion.
“Hello Rainbow Dash, so nice to see you again.” Spitfire greeted her. “Have you heard the news? Soarin just proposed, we’re engaged to me married.” She announced to Rainbow Dash’s horror. Her mouth dropped open in shock as she quickly noticed the diamond ring on the mare’s left hoof. She felt tears welling up in her eyes, but refused to cry in front of everybody.
“That’s great…” She said and looked at Soarin who avoided eye contact with her. “So uh I’m just gonna go practice my stunts, I’ll catch ya later okay…” She told them and zipped out of sight. Soarin sighed heavily knowing that he’d hurt her. He hadn’t planned for her to find out about his engagement to Spitfire that way, but at least she knew about it now.

Rainbow Dash flew wildly through the clouds over Ponyville. Tear stinging her eyes as she flapped her wings rapidly. How could Soarin do that to her? She thought. They’d had a beautiful night together and she thought he loved her, but now he was engaged to Spitfire. It was true what all of her friends had told her about him and Spitfire still being together and she felt like such a fool for doubting them. She knew they would never lie to her, but she didn’t want to believe that Soarin still wanted to be with Spitfire after he’d so passionately made love to her. She wasn’t watching where she was going when she suddenly crashed through some trees and came to a skidding stop at the edge of the Ever Free Forest. She just laid there covering her face with her fore hooves and cried hoping that none of her friends would see her like that, though she really didn’t care at that point.