• Published 10th May 2016
  • 3,402 Views, 429 Comments

The Titans' Orb: Rising Storm - Mister Horncastle



As Callum and the Mane Six continue their quest to find the shards of the Titans' Orb, the path ahead grows only more deadly, as they are now stalked by a relentless shadow that will stop at nothing to hunt them down...

  • ...
11
 429
 3,402

Chapters Next
Author's Note : The Sequel

Good morrow my dear readers!

It's been a few years since finishing The Titans' Orb: Rising Storm, and since then, my writing style has come a long way, hence why I've been rewriting the first book, the progress of which you can keep track of on my user page.

Having gone back to read through this sequel, I've decided that once I'm done rewriting the first book, I'll move onto the second one. Although leagues better than the first book, there are still many scenes, plot elements, and lines of dialogue that don't sit well with me.
I wish to do better, and you, as a reader, deserve better.

This story has been a part of my life for nearly eleven years now, and I want to be proud of every single chapter of it. And more importantly, I wish to give you, my dear reader, the best iteration of this story possible. This is more than just a fanfiction to me, it's a world. A world brimming with adventure, with deep, intricate lore, of which I have hand-stitched to fit in with many elements of the canonical MLP show, creating a believable, lifelike, gritty, and enthralling expanded world of Equestria.

With that in mind, I'd like to make an announcement...
If you're a long-standing reader, you may have noticed that the previous Author's Note (posted on Christmas Day, 2018), has been deleted, with this new Author's Note taking its place. If you didn't get the chance to read it, I was basically celebrating the completion of Rising Storm, and announced that I was developing a Titans' Orb wiki on Fandom.com.
I spent many moons trying to work on it, all-while cursing Fandom for its ad-littered framework, which doesn't even work properly on mobile devices.
Eventually, I gave up on the project, leaving it dormant until further notice.

However, as I grow close to finishing The Titans' Orb: Breaking Dawn, I've decided to take things into my own hands, and have created my very own ad-free Titans' Orb wiki using Wix.com. For the past few months now, I've been painstakingly putting together each individual page, as there isn't a wiki template on Wix. It's been arduous work, but I'm glad I'm doing it. It's worth noting that I'm still fleshing things out, so it's not finished by any standard, but it's already tenfold better than the old wiki could have ever hoped to be.

As it's still in early development, I'm not releasing it just yet. It'll come out in one of my blog posts when it's ready, but I wanted to keep you all in the loop, and hopefully to get a few of my more passionate readers a little excited.

I will now be returning Rising Storm to 'unfinished' status, as there is a LOT of rewriting for me to do. Once the first TTO is remastered, I will begin rewriting TTO:RS immediately. To cut a long story short, this series is in for a massive overhaul, and I can't wait to provide a fresher, more engaging story for my readers, new and old.

Well, that's it for now.
As always, I hope you are happy and safe.

Much love,
- Callum :heart:

Chapters Next