• Published 9th Jun 2016
  • 2,942 Views, 12 Comments

The Grand Chaos Gala - Pinkie Pie Sweets



The Grand Galloping Gala is coming up and the Discord Chose the Rainbooms to be a part of it.

  • ...
8
 12
 2,942

Chapter 14: The Best Magical Night

In the Castle Ballroom:

Everypony are arriving for the gala, and everypony are dressed formally for the occasion. Princess Twilight, Sunset along with all their friends are at a table talking to each other and having some dinner.

Earlier that afternoon Twilight decided to make a quick trip to Ponyville to fitch the book she used to write to Sunset. After getting the book back Sunset wrote a message about what happen and will be gone until the night is done. After a few minutes Sweetie Belle wrote the message explaining that all their parents including Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna was looking for them, but she's going to let them know what happen and will write back soon.

"Sorry you had to make a long trip to get the book Twilight," Human Applejack replies.

"Don't worry, that's what teleportation spells are for," Princess Twilight says making sure there is no problem.

"Wish we can use magic like that," Human Rarity says.

"Well people aren't connected with magic like we are," Sunset explains.

"Still I can't wait for us to get on stage and show these ponies what we're made of," Human Rainbow replies with pride and excitement.

"Don't worry, I'm sure we'll go on soon enough," Princess Twilight replies.

Just as the girls are enjoying themselves, a familiar voice calls Twilight's name.

"Twilight!" The mare's voice calls.

When the girls turn around they can see Twilight's friend Starlight Glimmer along with Party Favor, Night Glider, Double Diamond, and Sugar Belle. They are also dressed formal for the gala.

"Starlight,"Twilight says happily. She then turns to the others and says, "Can you guys wait here."

"Okay," The girls reply.

Twilight gets up and leave the table to see her other friends. Sunset and her human friends are rather confused. They turn to the other pony counterpart to ask who these ponies are.

"I assuming they're friends of yours," Human Applejack asks.

"Yes, they friends that we met a while ago," Pony Rarity explains.

"Is it just me or does this Starlight Glimmer resemble someone?" Human Pinkie replies rather curious about Starlight's appearance.

"You're right she looks like one of the Dazzlings," Sunset replies remember her resemblance is familiar.

Then Human Rainbow Dash says while scratching her head, "Yeah, what was her name again?"

"I think her name is Aria Blaze," Human Fluttershy answers.

"Oh right, the moody one," Human Pinkie adds.

"Think there's a Starlight in our world," Human Rarity asks.

"Could be, I mean we yet to see a Discord," Sunset answers thinking about Rarity's question.

"Hey girls," Starlight says coming with her friend and Princess Twilight.

"Hi Starlight," The pony girls say.

"And you brought Party Favor, Sugarbelle Double Diamond and Night Glider with you," Pony Pinkie cheers happily.

With that Princess Twilight decides to introduce them to their human counterparts. She says, "Guys I like to meet you Sunset Shimmer and our human counterparts from the other world.

"Girls this is Starlight Glimmer, Sugar Belle, Night Glider, Party Favor and Double Diamond." Princess Twilight adds to the introduction.

"It's nice to meet you all," Sugar Belle replies happily.

"Nice to meet you too," Human Twilight replies.

Starlight and her friends notice the similarities between Princess Twilight and her friends with their human counterparts. Then Starlight says, "You do look a lot like Princess Twilight and the others, only you have two legs and paws."

The Human girls simily giggle with that remark. The Human Applejack says finally stop laughing, "These are call hands not paws."

"Twilight also told us you will be performing at the gala," Night Glider says.

"Yep," Human Rainbow answers.

"So Starlight how did you guys met Twilight," Sunset asks.

Starlight and the other along with Princess Twilight and her pony friends are starting to get a little nervous about that question. Then Starlight says, "Well that's kind of a long and hard story."

With that, Princess Twilight and the others explain to Sunset and her human friends about how the castle lead them to their small town, and how powerful Starlight magic and making ponies had the same cutie mark. they even explain about what happen about them traveling through time from the past to the future and explain how it all ended.

After hearing the whole story, Sunset and her human friends are surprised to hear about this and are not sure what to say at first.

Applejack is the first one to speak, but with a curious look on her face. She says, "So let me get this straight you were trying to rid Equestria of cutie marks."

"Yes," Starlight answers.

"And tried to change the past?" Human Rainbow asks.

"Also right," Twilight answers.

"And all this happened because your best friend earned his cutie mark and forgot about you," Sunset asks with curiosity.

"I'm afraid so," Starlight says sadly.

"That's must of been hard for you," Human Fluttershy replies trying to comfort Starlight.

"Yes it was," Starlight replies, still feeling sad about her past.

The Human Pinkie, "That explains why Twilight couldn't get any of my messages, she was busy traveling through time."

"And why she said time loop when she came to visit us," Human Twilight adds.

"I guess you all are a little upset with me." Starlight asks feeling sad about it.

Sunset and her friends aren't sure what to think about it. Then again Sunset and the Human Twilight understand how hard it is to let go of the things they did in the past.

"Well, to be honest I made some mistakes in my time as well," Sunset explains.

"Do did I," Human Twilight replies.

"Even Discord," Pony Fluttershy adds.

"Even I'd made mistakes during my time," Princess Luna voice comes out of nowhere.

When everyone turn around they can see Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, PRincess Cadance and Shining Armor walking towards them.

"The best thing to do is to move on with your life and try to have good times with friends," Princess Celestia replies.

"Thanks. I'll keep that in mind," Starlight says thinking about Celestia's advice.

"So how did it feel now you experienced real friendship," Sunset asks.

"It felt amazing, and I hadn't felt that good in a long time," Starlight explains in a happy time.

"So how are you all enjoying the gala?" Shining Armor asks.

"We're doing fine," Human Rarity answers.

Everyone else also nods their heads happy to enjoy the gala. They are also excited to wait till they get to perform one of their songs.

Just then Human Twilight comes over to the princesses and nervously says, "Um… Princess."

"Yes," Celestia replies.

Human Twilight starts to feel a little worried. After that she takes a deep breath to calm herself down and says, "I would like to apologize."

"For what?" Princess Luna asks rather curious about it.

"For causing rifts at your home," Human Twilight sadly says.

Sunset and the others can see what the human Twilight is talking about. They figure that she need to apologize for what happened at the Friendship Games.

Princess Twilight along with the other ponies are rather confused about it. Princess Twilight also remember what Sunset told her about the incident, and Princess Celestia and Luna remember seeing the rifts themselves and Princess Twilight had to explain to them how the rifts got there.

Human Rainbow groans at that because after a few months of being with them, Human Twilight still can't get over what happened. "Not this again?" Human Rainbow replies with annoyance.

"Rainbow Dash," Human Rarity says with anger.

"Um I'm a bit confused" Double Diamond replies concernedly.

"Did something happened?" Night Glider asks worriedly.

"Well to put it short, our school was competing with Twilight's old school, and she was trying to understand the magic that we have. But when her principal found out and assume we been using magic to cheat, she and the students pressured Twilight to use the magic in order to win the Friendship Games, but it corrupted her turning her into a magic controlling creature and was trying to get to Equestria to understand more about its magic." Sunset explain to the group.

The others ponies who didn't know about the story are surprised that someone would like Principal Cinch would do something like get someone as good as Twilight to do something like this. Only to backfire and cause a big problem for both schools.

Then Spike the dog comes up to her and sadly says, "Twilight what happened at the Friendship Games wasn't your fault."

Sunset comes over to Twilight and give Human Twilight a comforting hug. Then she turns to the princesses and says, "You see Princess, Twilight is still having some trouble getting over about what happened during the Friendship Games."

"And felt like it's a good idea to apologize for the problem that happened in your home world. Human Fluttershy adds sadly.

"That is understandable," Princess Cadences replies.

The Princess Celestia says, "But from what Princess Twilight told us and from what she heard from Sunset, you were manipulated to use the magic you stored in your small device."

"Yes," Human Twilight answers.

"And let's not forget you were corrupted by that magic," Princess Luna adds.

Human Twilight simply nods her head with a bit of a sad look on her face.

"So there is nothing you need to apologize for," Princess Celesta says feeling positive about it.

"I know that, but I felt like I should." Human Twilight explains her reasons.

"It's alright, no one got hurt and now you have new friends to show you the Magic of Friendship," Princess Twilight says.

"You can say that again," Sunset replies happily.

Everyone in the group starts to laugh which is making the Human Twilight a lot better now.

Then Princess Luna says to the band members, "Now I think it's time for you all go get your instruments ready for your performance."

"Alright!" Human Rainbow says excitedly.

"Oh, which song are we going to play," Human Rarity asks very early about the song.

The girls start to think of a song to play for the gala. Then Human Twilight suggests, "How about Dance Magic?"

"Weee!" Human Pinkie replies happily.

"Yeah that song is great, and Pinkie is rapping skills," Human Rainbow adds excitedly.

"You said it," Human Applejack says.

"Let's go," Human Rainbow tell the girls to come with her to get ready.

Back stage:

Sunset and her human friends are making sure everything is ready to perform, with Discord's help of course.

Human Pinkie opens the curtains to see what is going on from the stage. She turns to the others and excitedly says, "Ooh, there are so many ponies who are going to watch us perform."

Then Human Applejack comes over to where Pinkie is at to look for herself. When she did she turns to the others and says, "It's like everypony in the city are here."

"Maybe, but ponied from other places come to the gala too," Sunset explains.

"Wow that's a lot of ponies. I'm surprised this castle can fit a lot of them," Human Rarity replies to that comment.

"Oh I'm so nervous," Fluttershy shutters holding her stomach.

"Me too," Human Twilight replies the same way as Fluttershy is feeling.

"So do you think we should play good enough to transform?" Rainbow asks the other band members.

"It will add some flare to our performance," Human Rarity replies agreeing to the idea.

"Sounds good to me," Human Applejack adds thinking it's a good idea.

"Let's get ready to rock!" Human Rainbow replies happily and excited about getting to perform.

"And now our final band to perform for the gala is the Rainbooms," Princess Twilight announces.

The curtains opens revealing the Rainbooms, at first the ponies aren't sure about the different creature they see. Until Princess Twilight explains to them about who they are and where they came from. Every pony become calm about it and decide to let the girls do their performance.

Just then Pinkie tap her drumsticks against each other and screams, "One, two, three, four!"

And with that music starts playing and the Sunset starts to sings with the microphone.

Sunset Shimmer:

I feel it stirrin' deep down inside my soul

The rhythm's takin' hold

And it's about to roll

Sci-Twi:

A million sparkles falling across the floor

So DJ give it more

It's what we're looking for

All:

Dance the night away

All our friends right by our side

It doesn't matter what style you bring

We're about to go on that ride (Hey!)

At this part they start to transform, growing wings, pony ears and extended pony tails. They also continue singing.

It's dance magic

Once you have it

Let your body move

Step into the music

It's dance magic

And it's electric

Let your body move

To the music

Pinkie Pie Raps:

Doesn't matter what style you've got

Just keep dancin' on that spot

Friends like you for who you are

Dance queen, on the scene, superstar!

Crystal Prep, you've got the moves

Rainboom bringin' all the grooves

Put it together and make it fit

Crystal Rainbooms, dance magic

All:

Dance the night away

All our friends right by our side

It doesn't matter what style you bring

We're about to go on that ride

(Hey!)

It's dance magic

Once you have it

Let your body move

Step into the music

It's dance magic

And it's electric

Let your body move

To the music

Crystal Rainbooms got a style that's all our own

Dancin' nonstop, body movin' in the zone

Bring whatever style you got

Cause the party is goin' on

It's dance magic

And it's electric

Let your body move

To the music

After the song, everypony starts to cheer and they really love the performance. The girls transform back to their human forms and they feel good about transforming or pony up.

Sunset and the others are glad the the ponies like their performance and their transformation.

"Wow the ponies really like us," Human Fluttershy says feeling very happy.

"Like us? They love us," Human Rainbow replies strumming her drum sticks.

After the performance:

Sunset decides to see her parents to see how they are doing. They are very happy that she did a great performance at the gala. After sometime of talking to her parents friends and was able to talk to some of her old classmates when she live in Equestria, Sunset is able to have a great time being back at Equestria.

Just as things are going well a big cake pops out of nowhere which catches everyone's attention in the ballroom. The girls are confused and wondering where the cake came from or why is it here in the first place.

"What is this?" Pony Applejack asks.

"I don't know," Princess Twilight replies.

"It looks like a 10 foot tall cake," Starlight says looking at the big cake.

Human Rarity turns to Human Applejack and asks, "Applejack did you and the pony Applejack made this?"

"Wasn't us," Human Applejack answers shrugging her shoulders.

"Then who?" Pony Rainbow asks.

Just then everyone notice the cake is moving and it's getting bigger and bigger and bigger. From the looks of it the cake is about ready to explode.

"Look out!" Pony Applejack screams telling everypony and everybody to run.

Just then the cake exploded and spread a lot of frosting all over the place and now the gala is covered in cake frosting. Ever pony are very surprised about this event and some were a little upset they their clothes are dirty.

"Cake!" Human Pinkie cheers.

"Yippie!" Pony replies the same way.

"Well that could have been better," Starlight says.

"The cake exploited frosting and it's good," Double Diamond adds.

"Speak for yourself, my dress is completely ruined," Pony Rarity replies with agony.

"And my hair's a mess," Human Rarity says with the same reaction.

"Hey at least it's edible," Party Favor replies.

"But who came up with this crazy idea?" Starlight asks feeling annoyed by this little prank.

Just then Discord pops out in thin air and asks with a grin on his face, "So what do you think of my surprise?"

"Discord! I should have known," Sunset replies with annoyance and trying to clean herself off.

"Yes, that was me. So what do you think?" Discord replies happily.

"Well it's delicious, but why made and exploding cake with frosting," Pony Fluttershy replies.

"Well I did wanted to end this gala with a bang. So I thought we can all enjoy this bang with dessert," Discord explains and from the sounds of it he really likes it, alot.

"Yeah, very funny Discord," Applejack says feeling rather annoyed by Discord's pranks.

"Well at least we get to have dessert," Sugar Belles says.

"I expected to eat it, not wear it," Night Glider replies.

"If you ask me, this has been the best dance we ever been to," Human Rainbow replies very excited about coming here.

"And the most elegant," Human Rarity adds with glee.

"Well glad you all enjoy it," Sugar Belle replied happily.

Just as thing are getting strange they notice that the two Spikes are eating cake and they really like it.

"Spike!" Both of the Twilight calls out with a little annoyance.

"What?" The two Spike says confused while having cake in their mouths.

Just that everyone in the room starts laughing including Discord, this Gala actually turn out to be a great one after all.

Author's Note:

I know the ending of this chapter may be a bit strange, but I just want to end this chapter with a bang. :pinkiehappy:

The last chapter will coming soon and there is a surprise too.

See you there.

For those who want to hear the song click here:

watch?v=Ko6e1K6hDX0