• Published 21st Jun 2012
  • 976 Views, 21 Comments

The Forgotten Specialist - BioChemicalWolfGear



Mage named Spell Tome who makes a portal to Equestria and saves Rainbow.

  • ...
5
 21
 976

Chapter 2: The Reunion

“All right everypony lets go save Rainbow Dash!” Yelled Twilight Sparkle at the group of volunteers.

Twilight’s plan was to go in groups of four. One unicorn in front while flanked by two earth ponies. A pegasi up above the tree canopy so they know where each of the other groups are.

They plan on scanning the entire forest for Rainbow Dash their lost friend. The princess even sent royal guard to scout ahead and clear the forest of any dangerous animals that may approach the search and rescue teams.

After the first day of searching they hunkered down into a camp when the group met up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow wakes up the next morning and tries to get up. Only to find a pain shoot through her that wakes up Spell Tome who found his way closer too her…Really close to her. In fact they both seemed to have migrated closer to each other over the night.

“Umm dude?” Said Rainbow.

“Oh hi. Yea this is weird…Maybe the connection didn’t exactly give our bodies the message and we migrated closer together in the night.”

“You sure you just don’t like to cuddle.” Said Rainbow with a mischievous smile.

“Hey I didn’t plan this!”

“WHOA! Umm awkward.” At first Spell Tome didn’t know what Rainbow was talking about until he notice a jabbing sensation followed by pain near Rainbow’s lower body…And his own.

“Oh fuck.”

“Why is it so warm?” Rainbow whispered.

“Umm blood flow…Sorry about that, humans have that every morning…Yea remember when I said it would get awkward?”

“Umm yea I get it now.”

“D-does it bother you?”

“To be honest…No it actually feels a little natural.”

“Not what I expected you to say. Ok well I’d best be fixing you up now. I understand your anatomy a lot better now.”

“Spell Tome.”

“Yea?”

“Get off.” She said with a scowl

“Yes ma’am.” He gets up out of bed.

Spell Tome walks over to his staff and picks it up. He then stands over Rainbow on the side of the bed and uses healing magic to fix up the remaining damaged area’s of her body.

“Ok now what’s MCP?”

“Multi Colored Pony.”

“Well you guessed what I was correctly. Are you a human?”

“YUP! How’d you know?”

“Lyra talks about them all the time.”

“What she say.”

“Something about being hairless, having hands, walking on two legs. You fit that description mostly well. You’re not EXACTLY hairless.”

“Nope. Now try to walk around.”

Rainbow gets out of the bed and starts to walk around. Satisfied with everything being in place she starts to fly around.

“Whoa you can fly?”

“Wait didn’t we go over this?”

“Just checking…”

“Sure you were.”

“Shut up I saved your life!”

“And I’m thankful. Hey why did you save me anyway?”

“Because I wanted to fit in with the indigenous population and if that meant gaining ones favor by saving a life then so be it. Also I needed a translator. You can understand me because the meaning of words is being transferred between us.”

“Transferred? So you mean that I’m the only one who can understand you?”

“Yup. And I expect you to tell me what other people say to me while I’m here. It’s the least you can do after I saved your life.”

“Well ok I agree. But you’d better not pull anything funny ok?”

“Why would I? I went through so much trouble to become part of your society so why would I jeopardize it by pulling anything funny?”

“Well…I don’t know! You’re still not trustworthy to me.”

“I’m ok with that. As long as you’re my guide. Now we best be heading back to wherever you’re from.”

“Ponyville.”

“Wow creative.”

“Thanks it’s a nice place.” She missed his sarcasm.

Spell Tome goes over to a dresser on the right side of his bed and pulls it out. He looked inside and found several robes. Three different types though. One was black and lined with golden silk. Another was green and also lined with golden silk. The last was red…lined with golden silk. He noticed the reoccurring theme of his wardrobe and only took the time to ponder it now.

“Hey what are those?”

“My robes. Best for using magic because they restrict my movement and allow me to rely on my other senses to understand the world around me.”

“Umm OK? How does that help you?”

“It’s complicated.”

“See was that so hard?”

“Well for you maybe.”

“Hey shut up and pack up. I want to go home.”

Spell Tome looks through the wardrobe picks out the green robes. They match his new staff and its bark exterior, conveying his abilities with plants. Or was the misleading image it gave off. He wanted to stray away from the idea that he can do death magic.

He then puts his backpack on and starts to head out of the tent when Rainbow stops him.

“Hey Spell Tome?”

“Yea?”

“Why don’t you leave the backpack in the tent? Wouldn’t it stay here like all the other furniture?”

“…”

“You didn’t even think of that did you?”

“See this connection is beneficial.” Said Spell Tome with a grin as he puts down his backpack on the bed. “Ok now let’s get going.”

“You’re not a very smart human are you?”

“Hey I didn’t go to school but I can at least read!” There was a long pause while Rainbow looked unimpressed. “AND SHOOT LIGHTNING!”

“I’d like to see that.”

Then Spell Tome realized he was hungry…And so was Rainbow. “Hey eat some of that wolf stuff its good for you.”

“What? NO IT’S NOT!”

“Eat it. You’re a herbivore so you can eat plants.”

“I…Those are made of plants?”

“Yea how else did you not die from the insides I gave you?”

“Forced me.” She glared at him.

“Be happy you’re alive.”

“F-fine I’ll…go get more.” She struggled to build up the courage to eat more of the Timber Wolf corpse but eventually she dove in. Feeling her eat and enjoying the taste of plant material going down your throat…It was an enlightening experience for Spell Tome to know what it would be like to only eat plants.

Rainbow rose up out of her morally incorrect meal and notice Spell Tome was hungry too. “Why don’t you try it?”

“I’m not a herbivore like you. I’m an omnivore. I eat meat and plant. Though since I eat both I’m restricted to types of meat and plant…well not meat actually I can eat almost any meat but I’d rather not eat meat unless it’s cooked.”

“Huh ok. Well to be honest I want to know what you meat eaters see in…well meat.”

“I’ll gladly oblige to that curiosity when I find something to eat.”

Rainbow was finished for now. They head out of the tent and Spell Tome folds it up. Tree staff at his side and a soul of the hunter with him he was able to find a way toward ‘hunting grounds’ and steer clear of those.

“So Rainbow do you know where Ponyville is?”

“No. I didn’t get a good look at where it was.”

“It’s ok. Let’s separate. You go that way I go this way. We won’t get lost from each other because of our connection. And trust me it is a very long distance connection. There was a story of a person on another planet and could tell you exactly what the other person was doing.”

“Whoa so that means I can fly in any direction without worry of getting lost?”

“Yup! Go ahead and run off. I’ll try to find which way is north and head that direction.”

“Hey one sec. If you’re good at casting spells and stuff why didn’t you just heal me with a magic spell?”

“Spell magic and elemental magic are two different things. Spell instantly effect what you cast it on. Elemental effect a target over time, sometimes that time is quick and others its slow. But elemental magic you need to understand the workings of the element to be able to us it right. Like how I couldn’t heal you too fast because I didn’t know what you were made of and stuff like that.”

“Ok?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Last night)

The first night of searching for Rainbow was uneventful and the rescue team gave up and camped out the night. Guards where posted to keep watch at night until it was time to head back out in the morning.

“I hope Rainbow’s ok.” Said Twilight to her group of friends as they set up their sleeping bags.

“Aw don’t worry Twilight. I’m sure she’s just fine.” Said Pinkie Pie.

“But it worries me that she hasn’t flown back on her own. Maybe she got lost or can’t move!”

“Twilight darling, we can’t do her any good by worrying now can we? Let’s just hope she’s ok and we can find her. Rainbow’s a strong individual and she’d never let anything get the best of her.” Said Rarity trying to quell Twilight’s worries.

“Yea! Rainbow is super duper awesome! She’ll find a cloud to rest on or a tree branch so nothing could get to her!” Said Pinkie reassuringly.

“Y-you’re right Pinkie. I shouldn’t be worried about Rainbow. She probably doesn’t know which way Ponyville is. I did see her tumble a lot so maybe she’s just disoriented or something.”

With that everypony goes into silence thinking about the terrible things that could have happened to their friend. No pony wants to think of the worst, but it’s unavoidable.

The next day everyone wakes up with the rise of the sun. All the volunteers are in their groups and return to formation while scanning the forest. A few hours into their search and they find something…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow soared above the tree canopy and beyond the clouds looking down at the world trying to find something that resembled a town…Nothing. She speeds over to what she believes is the west and continues to search the Everfree for something familiar. About an hour of flying west she sees a line of pegasi in the air looking down.

Rainbow is delighted and rushes over to a pegasi. This particular one was cross eyed.

“DERPY!!!” Yelled Rainbow Dash as she speeds over to her.

“R-Rainbow?” Said Ditzy.

*slam*

Rainbow crashes into Ditzy out of joy and hugs her. “Where are my friends?”

“Five pegasi over to the left. It’s good to see you again Rainbow.”

“Thanks. Didn’t know you would go out of your way to brave the Everfree for me.”

“We were all worried Rainbow. I’ll go call the search off saying we found you.”

“Thanks I’ll be right back.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miles back Spell Tome continues to walk in his direction until he feels Rainbow’s joy. Then she seemed to be touching another creature similar to her.

‘She found them.’ Spell Tome turns to meet up with Rainbow back at the safety of ‘Ponyville’ when he noticed some strange aura coming from his staff.

“What the fuck?” He said as the core starts to glow a bright green and it summons Timber wolves from the ground. Their claws were first to rip out of the ground and move earth out of the way to expose the rest of their bodies.

“Oh fuck.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow finds Fluttershy hovering over the rest of her friends. When she sees Rainbow she starts to tear up and rush over to her.

“RAINBOW!” said Fluttershy

“HUH?” Said a series of voices below her.

“Hey guys!” Yelled Rainbow.

“Rainbow you’re ok!” Said Twilight.

“Yea don’t worry Twilight I’ve got help.”

“Beg yer pardon?” Said AJ

“What do you mean by help?” Started Rarity. “Did you run into a pony who helped you?”

“He’s not exactly a pony Rarity. And he’s actually a few miles east right now. He’ll catch up.”

“OOOOO does that mean I get to throw a party?!”

Rainbow chuckles. “Yea! He did kinda save my life.”

“How’d he save ya?” Said Applejack.

“Umm. Well when I hit the ground I was kinda crippled…And I lost my left wing. He knows healing magic so he was able to fix me up real good.”

“I really doubt that Rainbow. I’ve never heard of healing magic that can do that.” Said Twilight. “Maybe magic that has a chance to cure colds but never have I heard of any magic that can reattach limbs.”

“Well I did say he wasn’t a pony.”

“Not a pony?”

“Yea and he has a staff that does magic.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Whoa that’s not funny.’ Thought Spell Tome as he looks at the Timber wolves who are now approaching him.

“Back away!” They did started to back up while facing him. They weren’t growling so they didn’t seem interested in being aggressive.

“Whoa…Umm come forward?” Again they comply and start heading toward him.

“Stand at attention!” They puff up their chests in a single file line. ‘This is cool I guess…I don’t need them but why not?’ Spell Tome looks amongst them and finds a particularly larger one amongst them. ‘The alpha.’

“I’m riding you to our destination.” It bows its head and awaits Spell Tome to mount up. Spell Tome looks around to find any vine to use as a harness of some sort so he doesn’t fall off.

‘Wait can’t I just make one?’ he thought.

Spell Tome made plants as his first experiments with life magic. Plants don’t scream when you force them to grow…

“Wait hold on…If I want to show off being a mage I got to look the part right?” He said while making the tent again.

When he was done he went inside and grabbed a few black gloves and put them on. He then put the hood over his head and used magic to make light not reflect off surfaces around his face so he looked faceless when you look into the hood.

“This might be counter productive, but hell I look cool.” He now looked like a typical mage with plant magic.

He went out of the tent were the pack waited for him and he started to grow vines near by with magic. They grew several feet long and he wrapped them around the alpha’s mouth like a muzzle and then he wrapped them on his back so he could carry the tent.

“All right we’re off!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hold on Twi maybe I can get him to do something to prove to you he exists…” She scans the area around her.

“Oh I’d love to see this.” Said Twilight in a know it all manor.

“Ok then.” She spots something she was looking for…A cloud. She flies up to it and touches it and she could feel Spell Tome physically stop out of confusion.

“HEY SPELL TOME! SHOOT LIGHTNING!” She kicks the cloud and it shoot a lightning bolt to the ground.

*Crack*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“D-does she expect me to make a…whatever she touched?”

*Crack*

“Thunder?” He said while mounting the Alpha once again. “Shit I can do that.”

He concentrates on his staff and it goes from a green soul of nature to a white element of thunder.

*CRACKLE BOOOM CRACKLE*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“WHAT WAS THAT?!” exclaimed Twilight.

“That was Spell Tome’s elemental magic.” Said Rainbow.

She just noticed her friends mouths open and practically on the floor. Other than Pinkie who was unusually giddy.

“I THINK THIS CALLS FOR A THANK YOU FOR SAVING RAINBOW AND YOU KNOW HOW TO SHOOT LIGHTNING PARTY!” exclaimed the excited mare.

Rainbow Chuckled. “Wait till you see him. He’s pretty cool.”

“Y’all be crazy if ya think I’d agree to this!” Said Applejack. “If yer friend has powers and such why you leading him to Ponyville with that lightning Dash? You said yerself that it ain’t a pony! What if it’s some kinda monster!”

“Monster isn’t far off. But it’s not dangerous. ‘HE’S’ not dangerous.”

“Well all right then, but ah ain’t gunna let my guard down ok? Now come on let’s head home.”

“I hope your friend is well mannered.” Said Rarity.

“Well I hope not. I don’t want another Rarity. Ones enough.” Rarity glares at dash and she responds by laughing.

“I-I hope your friend I-isn’t too scary.” Said Fluttershy.

“Don’t worry Fluttershy…He is.”

“Oh I-I-I-“

“Fluttershy it’s a lot better for you to know he’s scary looking before you meet him so you don’t run at the next terrifying creature that…Wait is he riding Timber wolves?”

All her friends look at her confused as she faces the direction she came from.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wolves were fast. Faster than any other creature he’s seen. They easily got up to 40mph and dodged every single root that jutted out of the ground just waiting to hinder a traveler.

He got closer and closer to the group of what he believed were ponies and he was just a mile away now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow explained the situation to everypony and no one really believed it. Though Lyra got excited when she said it was a human magic user. They all heard the elemental magic that the unknown creature cast and most, if not all, were scared of the idea to just wait while this ‘thing’ catches up.

What brought people to calmness was the fact the Royal Guard were still protecting the group and they would defend them if ever this creature was hostile.

“Umm Rainbow?” Said Applejack. “Yer sure he don’t eat meat?”

“Oh he eats meat. Like a griffon. But he also can eat certain plants if he wants to.”

“Y-y’all are crazy Dash! If he eats meat then that means he eats us!”

“He had the chance to eat me, but he didn’t. So I trust him not to eat anyone.”

“Maybe he just wanted teh getcha to lead him to Ponyville so he can EAT ponies!”

The thought ran through Rainbow’s head and she realized that was a very real possibility.

“I-I didn’t think about that…B-but if its true we can’t do anything to stop him…H-he’s too powerful.”

“What do yeh mean too powerful?” Said Applejack accusingly.

“H-he knows almost every type of magic. He has more magic than Twilight.”

Twilight looked unimpressed. She still didn’t believe that Rainbow met a human that could do more magic than she could.

“Umm guys…” Said Rainbow Dash. “He’s here.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spell Tome moved into the open area where there seemed to be many different types of ponies. Though he realized how much of an oddity Rainbow was since she was the color of the rainbow and the rest seemed to have a color scheme of at the very least two colors. What really got him was the terrified faces of most of them.

“Umm…Hi?”