• Published 21st Apr 2016
  • 311 Views, 2 Comments

The Last Forgotten One - Song Shard



A long lost race of ponies has returned from the depths of Equestria. Will the race be accepted or annihilated? Read to find out...

  • ...
 2
 311

Chapter 2 : Explore the Library, and an Unwelcome Guest

Author's Note:

Well sorry for it have taken about a year to post again. My writing skills have improved over the past year and I hope you can all enjoy my latest chapter with improved vocabulary and writing.
Once again sorry for taking so long and I will try to get the next once out when I can.
~~Song Shard~~

I stared out of the castle window and out upon the forest beneath. I felt more relaxed after the bond had finished. A knock came from behind me. "I'm very sorry but I'm unable to stay here without my sister, and my subjects of Equestria need a ruler and they've asked me to be return to the capital. If you wish, you may come along and I'll reason with everyone about you being alive." Princess Celestia announced.

"I'm not going anywhere. You may go, I won't pass away anytime soon so don't worry yourself." I turned around to look at Celestia. "I would prefer to stay a secret to everypony." I stared back out at the sky and the moon. I looked down upon the forest that surrounds the castle. There was a little pause

"Well then farewell for now Dragle and good luck." She leaped out the window and soared out across the forest. "Until we meet again. Stay well."

I stared out again over the forest. Things will not be so easy as they were. Now it is time to find some where to relax and forget about my own fears.

~~~~~~~

Fifty years have past and there has been no sight or sound of the so called "Princess". Similarly there has been no sightings of the unicorns that have been hunting me down. I have also explored these ruins quite a lot and have become accustomed to finding my way around now. There has been a stray timber wolf now and again, I have discovered there is actually a family of Ursas living nearby as well. Most of my days are now being spent creating new magic spells and reading books. How am I able to read books you ask? Well I found a grand library. I also found an organ room.I loved playing the organ and have been constantly repairing the organ because the amount that I have been playing on the organ would have been enough to wear any instrument down in one year. Luckily, since the library had pretty much every book you could think of there was even a book on repairing organs by hoof or by magic.

All the books I have been reading have taught me all about our world the creatures and ponies that live in our world. My final goal is to travel around the world and meet all the creatures and ponies that I have read about in the books. For now though I am content on completing my two goals at hoof at the moment. I have discovered a barred room in the library that contains many old books that I have not read. My other goal is learning how to control my dreams. Control my dreams? Why? Well that may because they are not really dreams but are closer to nightmares or visions. I read in a book called "The Meaning Behind Dreams". In the book it says that dreams are wishes or desires that are not able to become true in the waking world. There was also a couple of chapters to do with why we all wake up and remember the scary dreams instead of the nice "impossible to grasp" dreams. That is for another time though since I am still not able to explain it properly

I was relaxing in the organ room with a book about tiny monsters. I loved the book so far, my favorite of the tiny monsters in the book were called Parasprites. They are just so weak looking and then again one of these little balls could decimate a village in one day. I was enjoying the book when I heard a hoof step just outside the Organ room. I looked up from my book I heard another step. I cast a spell to enhance my hearing. What I heard was not what I was expecting. "Hey I heard there's a pretty fancy organ in room up ahead, Big Wit." The voice sounded masculine but fragile.

"Well if you are to scared to go any further you can head back and tell our company that we have found a place for us to lodge for a bit, while we explore the Everfree forest." The second voice was guttural and very rough. I decided to hide in the rafters until they left. I was lucky I did not need to go hide for the two ponies were starting to walk back from the way they came. I became curious, I cast a type of invisibility spell on myself as well as a silencing spell on myself which made sure that any noise that I make will not be heard by anypony nearby. I chased after them, I became disappointed I had hoped they would have made more sound but it seems as if they had become aware that someone was watching them. The two ponies started to speed up to a trot, then, they broke out into a gallop. I jumped into the air a beat my wings furiously to catch up to them. They got to the entrance and... they jumped!!

I soared out of the castle and came to an abrupt stop from what I saw. Three types of ponies, not one type or two types, but three types of ponies gathered a round a huge fire in a clearing just in front of the castle gates. I estimated the amount of ponies, it seemed as if there were hundred or more ponies. I saw the two ponies that I was just chasing approach a unicorn sitting on a cut down tree in the moonlight. From what I could tell he seemed to be in charge. of the group of ponies. I could not hear what they were talking about but it seemed as if they were talking about something important and confidential from the way that they were glancing around to see if anypony was going to jump at them or if anypony was listening. I realized that this was not a good time to stare in awe. I had to think, fast. Because if I did not then I would be discovered and who knows what the ponies would do to me if they discovered me in a place that they wanted to cal, their own for a while.

I had to act. I had to act quick. I had to act soon. I have to protect my home. I also have to protect the forest that has kept me alive for fifty years. I decided, the castle was only big enough for one of us. We will have to fight, and I will win, no matter what.