• Published 30th Apr 2016
  • 2,415 Views, 72 Comments

No Romance For Twilight Sparkle - socky_dude



Twilight always knew she wasn't into dating, so why is that suddenly changing?

  • ...
9
 72
 2,415

Chapter 5: Party Time

Something was wrong.

"Trixie.... I made breakfast... Are you coming?"

"No."

Something was definitely wrong.

Three days ago, when Twilight had merely been having a conversation with Trixie, something snapped. It was a complete shock, Twilight had thought she was having a strange form of a stroke. She was freaking out, shaking Trixie, screaming at her, and yet there was no response. She knew the unicorn had migraines, could something like that lead to something so severe? Never-mind the glass, this mare had just completely frozen up for what seemed like no reason! But yet after about a full minute Trixie suddenly moved, looking Twilight in the eyes. The Princess was relieved, preparing to get Trixie to the hospital (she always freaked out over things like this). But the unicorn declined, and took herself to bed. It had to be one of the strangest things Twilight's witnessed. Did she do something? Say something wrong? Why was she suddenly staying in bed all day?

"Trixie.... You need some food! You can't just stay in here!"

"Trixie assures you, Princess, that she's perfectly fine and you need to leave her alone!"

"But-"

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"

And with that, Twilight was magically shoved out of the room with the door slammed to her face. She yelped in pain from the sudden contact to her muzzle, and rubbed it soothingly. Why was Trixie being so difficult? Why was she not communicating? The Princess wished she could understand, but that probably wasn't going to happen. The least she could do was simply drop it and leave her alone like Trixie asked. Or rather, demanded. But there was a part of Twilight that told her that was wrong.

With a heavy sigh, the alicorn made her way down the crystal hallway, staring at her reflection on the floor. She had work to do, and she couldn't be side tracked by a meddlesome, hormone hungry unicorn. Maybe that was harsh, but Twilight didn't have the patience or the time to deal with it. The sofa and quill merchant had already offered another potentially dangerous quill to be put up onto the market, and she couldn't possibly miss that meeting with the Mayor.

Yet, as she ate her breakfast a mere seconds later, she knew she couldn't just leave the mare there like that. Twilight may not understand the situation. But that was no reason to be cold hearted. Trixie was one of Twilight's friends, and just because she was going through some emotional trauma didn't mean that they suddenly weren't. Friends should be there for each other through thick and thin, and Twilight knew that applied to Trixie as well, even if they've had some problems in the past. And, as much as the Princess didn't want to admit it, she really wanted to see the mare smile again.

"Spike!" Twilight called, dropping her fork down onto her plate, emitting a loud clash.

Her faithful #1 assistant appeared next to her instantly, saluting her off as if she were his general.

"Yes Twilight?" He asked anxiously, his green eyes twinkling with excitement. Twilight couldn't help but find this adorable in her motherly sense of him.

"Spike, you know I wouldn't ask you of this if it wasn't important, and I know you wanted to visit Rarity today, but....." The mare attempted to find the right words to explain, but all for not, since the dragon barged in right at that moment.

"You want me to run your errands so you can take care of the whole Trixie situation?"

Twilight was indeed surprised.

"How.... H-how did you?"

"Because I know you Twilight, now get out of here!"

The purple mare couldn't do anything more then smile in appreciation, and run towards the door. Spike was definitely her #1 assistant.

"Make sure you-"

"Decline whatever the sofa clerk is offering. Now go!"

And with that, Twilight rushed out.


Ding ding.

"Welcome to- Oh hello Her Majesty!" Mrs. Cake greeted Twilight as she ran into the shop.

"Get Pinkie. There's a party needing to be thrown!"

Mrs. Cake's eyes widened, and she quickly obeyed. She knew party throwing business was not to be messed with. She was quickly out of the room.

And the pink blur named Pinkie Pie zoomed out. Her blue eyes were bugging out of her head.

"WHAT IS IT TWILIGHT?? Do we need to invite all of Ponyville?? All of EQUESTRIA??" She piped, grabbing the Princesses face in desperation.

"No no! Not at all! It's... much more personal. Come on I'll explain on the way!" Twilight yelped, already tugging the mare out of the cake shop.

"Weee! Okay! Bye Mrs. Caaake!!"


Like it was said before, parties are serious business. It didn't take too long for Twilight to abduct all 4 of her friends other than Pinkie. She explained her plan carefully so that no mistakes were made. This had to be perfect. For Trixie's sake.

Twilight beamed as she opened the front door quietly, motioning the others to follow suite. All of them were practically giggling like school fillies, each of them carrying various objects. Spike looked as if he were just about to head out, done with all his chores at home. He raised an eyebrow at the mares, raising a finger as if he were about to say something, but was quickly shushed by Applejack. He seemed to get the memo quickly, and smiled at Twilight before he walked out the front door, closing it softly for the girls.

They all did their best tip-toeing down the hallways and up the stairs. This was extremely difficult due to the hard crystal floors and the echos from the sheer size of the palace. They all shushed each other every time one of them giggled excitingly, and Rainbow Dash seemed to be almost killed due to her dropping one of the items in the box she was carrying. It had took all their effort to not burst into complete laughter from that. After about 5 minutes, they had finally reached their destination.

Trixie's bedroom door.

Twilight knocked, and when she didn't get a response she turned, eyeing her friends and telling them to be quiet with her facial expressions alone.

She slowly opened the door to the dark room, the light from the hallway pouring over the mass in bed. Trixie mumbled something, shifted a little more under her covers. The Princess frowned a bit, but quickly dismissed it.

"Trixie?" Twilight chirped sweetly.

"Whaaat???"

BOOM.

"OKAY WHAT THE HE-"

And that's when the blue mare sat up, and stared at the sight before her. Twilight and her friends all blew noisemakers, each one of them exclaiming a "Surprise!!"

Trixie stared. Rainbow Dash flew in, placing her box full of toys and games in the center of the room as the confetti settled around. Rarity bustled in with a two tire cake, while Pinkie rolled in on her party canon, once again firing it. Applejack held an assortment of goody bags and treats, setting them on Trixie's dresser. Fluttershy smiled shyly, carrying a small dog inside as well as a tea set. Pinkie pulled a record player out of no where and began to play upbeat music. And then there was Twilight, just standing there, grinning at Trixie like a little foal.

Trixie slowly got out bed, gaping at the sights around her, gaping at Twilight.

Twilight's heart skipped a beat.

"Trixie, I know you've been down in the dumps lately, and I can't figure out why. I've been trying to, believe me, but you just kept getting worse every day. I tried cheering you up with my theories by giving you solutions, but it didn't work. But this morning, I realized I was going about this all wrong. I shouldn't be trying to crack the code, I should be trying to make you happy. I don't need to know why you're upset, I just need to make sure that you aren't upset. So, I got Pinkie and the others to throw you a party. You see, parties always cheer me up. They are part of the reason I became friends with these ponies in the first place. They celebrate who we are, and they gather up our loved ones to support us. I figured that you needed to know that you have friends who can support you through thick and thin. We're there for you, and I hope that this can help you understand that."

The unicorn stood there, flicking her eyes from one pony to another. Her shocked face seemed to melt suddenly, and she began to cry, collapsing on herself. Twilight rushed forward to hug what was left of the confidant mare she once knew, the rest of the mares doing the same. Reassuring murmurs were said every so often, and Trixie continued to sob in their embrace.

"Th-Thank you..." Trixie choked.

Twilight smiled brightly.

"You're welcome."


"How the heck did FLUTTERSHY win??" Rainbow Dash grumbled, glaring at Fluttershy's little horse drawn carriage full of foals.

"She had the most kids! She even took the career path!" Rarity joined.

Fluttershy smirked at her huge pile of plastic bits, counting them out loud once again to prove that she was the winner.

"Trixie does not believe this is fair!"

"Ya' no kiddin'!!"

"Kids aren't supposed to be good investments...."

"I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!"

"Oh come on girls, it's just a game of Life!" Fluttershy snickered.

"Or death!" Rainbow growled, flopping over on the floor, throwing her plastic bits in defeat. "I'm getting cake."

"Me too!"

"Me three!!"

Soon everypony had gotten up to get a second slice of cake, all except Trixie, who had already eaten 4 slices, and Twilight, who currently had a stomach ache. The Princess giggled at her friends determination for more, and looked over at the smiling unicorn next to her.

"How you doing?"

Once again, Twilight's questioning seemed to startle Trixie, even now. The alicorn laughed, elbowing the counterpart in the ribs.

"Well?" She teased, earning a small smile from the mare.

"Great... really..." The unicorn mumbled, glancing back.

Twilight's heart raced. She couldn't explain it. It was like this was all she ever wanted. Seeing the mare smiling was like receiving a precious jewel. But, the jewel was wrapped in packaging labeled 'Fragile'. It took so many of Twilight's efforts just to unwrap it, and it was all worth it just to see it for herself. She knew that she was the one who got Trixie out of bed. She knew it was her who got the sweet joy back into her. It was nerve wracking, really. It was like an addiction that was always there, but Twilight didn't want it to go away. She never wanted it to go away.

Before she realized what she was doing, Twilight nuzzled the soft blue cheek that belonged to the grinning unicorn.

"Keep it that way," The Princess stated simply, pulling away as she began to clean up the board game.

"U-uh huh...."

Author's Note:

I know it's pretty short, but the next chapter will be a long one, I swear!
:trixieshiftleft: Angsty Trixie is Angsty :trixieshiftright:
I had written most of this chapter today actually, and I hope that it isn't too bad. This was meant to be short and sweet.
Please Point out any grammar mistakes you may find, although I don't think there are any in this chapter.