• Published 15th Apr 2016
  • 390 Views, 5 Comments

Life in Canterlot High - SilentStalker



After being transferred to CHS, things start off slow, but for the better.

  • ...
 5
 390

The Start of Something New

Life in Crystal Prep was, Difficult. The students were somewhat snide, even when I first came here. It was like I was the one that didn't belong here. My name is Dawn, and I'm a C student here at Crystal Prep. With that said, Principle Cinch was happy when I requested a transfer.

She didn't use anything like blackmail like she usually does with some others before they get what they want. Instead I was the 'lucky' one. I stopped by my friend Dusk, my only friend, to say goodbye when he gave me a shirt.

"It was going to be a birthday present," he said before concluding, "I'll always remember you bro."

"As will I," I said before quickly adding, "Brother in Arms, Yours Life or Death." taking my right arm with a fist to my heart, with him following suit, finishing with a fist bump.

As I walked away towards the front doors, looking at the shirt before walking out. It was a Crystal Prep Uniform shirt, but had a patch opposite of the school logo. Two rifles, Two Barrett model 82A1's to be exact, crossed with the words 'Brother in Arms' underneath the recoil pad on the stock of both rifles, perfectly even level. I like Firearms as much as he did, and I could understand why this would have been my Birthday Present.

I smiled before walking out the door to the parking lot to get in my Diesel Pickup. Yes I drive a Pickup, one I made from a Dodge Ram 2500 single cab, into what it is today. I got in it, started her up, and headed to the school on my transfer papers, Canterlot High School. I pulled out of the bus lane, yes the bus lane. Principle Cinch let me park there because of how long I modified my truck. I you can drive a Pickup you modded with two rear axles and a 16 foot tail bed, and your principle lets you park in the bus lane, Your lucky like me.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I got to Canterlot High and parked on the curb in front of the school. I looked at the shirt Dusk gave me before I killed the engine. "aw hell, I might as well." I put it on and to my surprise, It was more comfortable than it looked. I cut the engine off before walking to the front door, transfer papers in hand saying to myself, "OK Dawn, you can do this. It a different school, different students, be yourself and everything will be fine."

I walked through the door of the school and at that moment I felt at ease. Like a storm cloud in my mind and heart just suddenly vanished. There were a few students and staff walking around, possibly running errands for others and the like. I stopped one and said, "excuse me ma'am, but where is the principles office?"

She looked at me and responded in a low voice, lowly audible but quite possible to here, "Down the hallway, take the stairs to your right, then follow the corridor to your left and look for a door to your left with a sun on it."

"Thanks ma'am," I replied with a smile on my face before asking, "Whats your name ma'am?"

She responded but got lower in volume, "My name's Flutter..." I personally have great ears so I could make out what she said.

"Thanks Fluttershy," I responded, getting a smile out of her, possible because nobody could here her name for the first time like me maybe.

I turned to take the hallway, only to look back to her, still looking at me with those Cyan eyes and smile and wave at her, which she returned back before heading to do what she was going to do. I followed the path she gave me, with the transfer papers in my hand, before knocking twice.

"Who's there?"

"I'm a transfer student from Crystal Prep."

"Enter."

I opened the door, only to walk in the room where two grown women were in, Possibly Head and Vice Principles were sitting down, "Bad time?" I asked with a look of worry on my face.

One responded, "Not at all actually, The School is on lunch break so my Sister and I was chatting." She said offering me a seat on the other unoccupied chair, While Giving her my Transfer papers just before sitting. She looked at the papers before responding, "Well everything is in order. Welcome to CHS, I'm Principle Celestia and this is my sister, Vice Principle Luna." Luna holding her hand out offering a shake, which I returned with a nod and smile before Celestia continued, "I hope you have a wonderful time here at Canterlot High Dawn. If you want, you can look around for the rest of the day and see which classes you would like to partake, just tell me at the end of the day," She paused" did your parents drive you here, or do you drive?"

I took a while to respond, not really knowing how to answer, "I'm alone without parents, just old enough to live by myself," They both looked as if they can understand what my situation is before continuing, "I drive a diesel pickup I modded myself, bout 25 feet long, Just look out the window and you could tell what I mean."

Celestia, followed by Luna looked out the window, Celestia answered, "We have five parking spaces open in the school parking lot that it could fit in." That was music to my ears, CP didn't have any spare unused parking spaces for me, mostly because they were all stuck-up,
Son-of-a-Bitches there.

"Agreed, You could move it after you leave this office it If you want. Just look for five empty parking spaces in a row against the fence up in the front. I'll radio the Janitor to unlock it If you choose to." Luna responded while I nodded.

"Is there anything else you need help with?"

"No ma'am."

"The door to my office is always open if you do, and enjoy your stay here at CHS."

"Thank you." I said grabbing my stuff and walking out the door.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vice Principle Luna was right, Cause the janitor was right by the gate ready to unlock it. His name along with his look was spot on, 'Discord'. I'll admit he was a nice guy though. He shared some common interests that I had, one of which was being the only one of two before me to drive here for school in a Pickup.

I was on my way to the cafeteria where I was scarred by someone who said, "Hi, are you new here at CHS, If you are, where did you come from, do you drive here, how do yo..."

She caught my hand in the air, "Can you please slow down ma'am, It's a bit to fast." I said with a nervous 'he he' at the start.

"Sorry, I'm just always excited when a new student comes here to CHS, I know your new cause I know everybody here, and I mean ever-" She cut herself off with a look of curiosity before answering, "are you that guy that stopped Fluttershy in the hallway?"

"Please don't tell me I did something wrong."

"No silly," she said putting her arm around my back, "She said you were the first one to here her name without asking a second time, which made here even more happy when you waved at here."

"Though your the first one didn't fall on the floor from a surprise 'Hi' with me," She said with a finger on her chin, "Do you want to meed my friends?"

"Wouldn't hurt I gue-," The Girl yanked me by my arm, towing me with her, till we got to a table.

"Everybody, I'd like you to meet," She paused at me, "What is your name?"

I answered nervously "My name is Dawn, I'm new here."

"This is Dawn," They smiled and waved while I returned the gesture, "Dawn this is Sunset Shimmer,"

"Hi."

"Rarity."

"How do you do darling."

"Rainbow Dash."

"Wazzup."

"Applejack"

"Howdy." she said with a tip of her Stetson.

"This is-"

I cut her off smiling while saying, "Fluttershy." All she did was smile and wave, while the others looked at me with curious faces.

"Yup, and I'm Pinkie Pie. What ya say girls, can we help him fit in around here?" All of them went 'M-Hm' in unison and nodded.

It Might be Better Here Than CP after all.