• Published 5th Apr 2016
  • 341 Views, 0 Comments

Friendship With Heart - Melody Dream



Florid Rainbow is excited to attend CHS. She has read all about CHS in the news and plans to find the portal to Equestria to have an exciting pony adventure. But things don't turn out as she had originally imagined...

  • ...
 0
 341

Chapter 3: A New Friend

We said our good byes and I left Princess Twilight’s castle. As I walked down the stairs of the castle, I observed everything around me like I had earlier in the day when I had first arrived in Equestria. But this time it was like seeing Equestria through new eyes, as all of the new information sank in. I was a pony. My family was originally from Equestria. I had to find the pony who really disliked me. Wow! All in one interesting day!

I walked down Mane Street again, deep in thought. I didn’t know many ponies in Equestria; how was I supposed to find the unicorn? All the ponies I had met were so friendly, if this pony disliked me so much surely she wasn’t overly friendly to other ponies too? Wait a minute…there is one pony I met who wasn’t very friendly and come to think of it she seemed to not like me very much.

With my prediction I set out toward Ponyville Park. I hoped to find the unicorn there, since that was where we had met.

As I trotted though Ponyville Park, I looked around for the pony. It didn’t take me long to find her; she was sitting on one of swings on the nearby playground, drinking a milkshake. I made my way over to her.

“Hi Crystal Clear.” I said.

The unicorn turned to look at me.

“What are you doing here?” She frowned, narrowing her eyes.

I took a deep breath, it was time.

“Crystal Clear it was not my choice to be born an alicorn, it’s just who I am. I’m sorry that you are not an alicorn too, but it’s not too late to become one.” I paused watching Crystal Clear’s expression, her eyes were full of jealousy and dislike; but she was still listening to me at least. “I’ll be your friend.” I added, smiling.

“So, you figured out who I am.” Crystal Clear said, getting off the swing and trotting towards me.

Once Crystal Clear was next to me, she exclaimed. “Why would I want to be your friend? It’s not just that you’re an alicorn, you were always way better in magic school than me. When you were in kindergarten you were already a lot better at magic than me and I was two grades ahead of you! You ruined my life! I was popular, then you came in and I was forgotten!” I could see tears brimming Crystal Clear’s eyes even though her tone and expression spoke anger.

“I eventually left though.” I said, doing my best to remain calm in spite of things.

“Yes you did.” Crystal Clear said, calming down a little. “But nothing changed! Once you were gone, everypony was upset you were no longer there. They blamed me for your leaving!” By now all anger was gone from Crystal Clear, she was sobbing.

I thought about giving her a hug, but I decided she needed a moment to think, it would only make things worse if I gave her a hug now.

“You wanted friends, but no one would be your friend.” I thought aloud. But Princess Celestia said Crystal Clear didn’t want friends, right? No, I thought, Princess Celestia said she did not understand friendship, and yes, maybe at the time she thought she didn’t need friends. But Crystal Clear was smarter now, she knew she needed friends.

“How are things now?” I asked.

“The same as when you left.” Crystal Clear said simply.

Hmm…, I thought.

“Try this,” I waited until I had her attention before continuing. “When you go to school tomorrow, say ‘hi!’ to the first person you see. Maybe you will end up making a new friend.” I smiled warmly at Crystal Clear.

“Do you really think it will work?” Crystal Clear asked.

“You can only try. If it doesn’t work the first time don’t give up hope, eventually someone will come around and be your friend.” I said. “I forgive you for everything you have done to harm me. I may live far away, but you can count on me being your friend.”

“You know what Florid Rainbow, you’re not as bad as I thought.” Crystal Clear smiled for the first time since I had met her today.

I smiled back at her. “We’re no longer enemies then?”

“Friends?” Crystal Clear asked.

“Friends!” I smiled.

Crystal Clear reached out and hugged me. When she pulled away I noticed she was smiling broadly with tears in the corners of her eyes.

“Thank you, Florid Rainbow.” Crystal Clear said, then trotted out of the park.