• Published 30th Mar 2016
  • 1,270 Views, 36 Comments

The Mare and the Draconequus(Plot Twist) - ADenter1



A crossover, in a way, between two stories. A tale of the beauty and the beast, as well as the diamond in the rough

  • ...
2
 36
 1,270

Chapter Five: Friend Like Who?

Chapter Five: Friend Like Who?




Twilight shook Shining Armor’s shoulders as she tried to awake him. “Shiny?” she shook harder. “Shiny... wake up,” she pleaded and she prayed to Celestia that he would. Spike lifted him up just a bit and it seemed that Twilight’s prayers were answered.

“Ugh...” he groaned, pressing a hoof to his head. “My head...” he looked up to the sealed entrance/exit. “We’re trapped...” he said harsh words about Sombra, but Twilight said much, much worse. “Whoever he was, he’s probably long gone with that lamp,” Twilight smirked crookedly and using her magic she pulled out the lamp. “You purple little thief,” Shining Armor chuckled as she handed it over to him. “Looks beat up, almost like junk,” Twilight was more interested in the design.

“Look at it, like a deer’s antler and a goat’s horn. With a dragon’s leg and a cloven hoof, and a snake tail. A bat’s wing and a Pegasus’s wing too!” she pointed. “And look at the color! Gray and brown! And the green and white swirls. They kid you not when they talk about Chaotic,” she was more than just intrigued. She was enchanted!

Shining Armor narrowed his eyes at the lamp. “I think there’s something written here, but it’s hard to read,” he rubbed the lamp with his hoof. Mistake or good choice? Let’s find out.

The lamp began to shake and glowed bright red. Green smoke began spewing out from it and out came a beast unlike anything Shining Armor or Twilight had ever seen. He had the same parts that the lamp did. Twilight had read about creatures like this. He was Discord, Spirit and Son of Chaos, and he was a Draconequus. “Hoy!” a loud crack was heard, it came from his giraffe-like neck. He also had yellows for whites, and reds for pupils, and they weren’t even the same size. One was bigger than the other, and he had a sharper tooth sticking out of the side of his mouth.

“Ten thousand years...” he stretched his body everywhere. Literally. He pulled lion’s paw off and twisted it around, and did the same with eagle’s claw. Same with snake tail, dragon leg, and all. Neck and even the tooth and horn/antler. “Good to stretch out the old bones and skin,” he grinned toothily. “Hello, ladies and gentle-colts. Where you from? What’s your name?” he held a giant mic to Shining Armor’s face.

“Shining Armor,” the white unicorn answered and the Draconequus grinned and looked at Twilight, holding the mic to hers.

She smiled with interest. “Twilight Sparkle,” his grin turned playful and even mischievous.

“Eh, that’s not a very hot name,” her eyes widened with a raised eyebrow. “I’m gonna call you...” a drumroll played. “Roxanne,” he laughed heartily. “I see you’ve met Spike,” a small applause, then a BOO. “Rule 1. for Dragons; Don’t ever leave your gems or Rarities unattended,” he warned with a smirk.

Suddenly he looked at Shining Armor, holding a giant magnifying at his eye. “Say, you’re a lot smaller than my last master,” he snorted. “Scratch that, a LOT smaller,” he threw the magnifying glass behind him, creating an explosion.

“Wait I’m your master?” Discord slapped a diploma into his hoof and a college student’s hat onto his head.

“That is correct!” Discord waved his arms towards himself. “I am Discord, Master and Lord of Chaos. Draconequus of Equestria! And my duty, and the whole reason I was shoved into the confining space of that backbreaking lamp, is to give wish fulfillment of the one who rubs my lamp,” he had a glare in his eyes for a second. “And no dirty puns intended perverts!” he warned.

“Wish fulfillment?” Discord rolled his eyes.

“You ask a lot of questions, good to know,” the Draconequus cracked his knuckles. “Three wishes, my master. And no wishing for more wishes, if that happened then I’d be stuck with you for the eternity I’ll be living and I don’t think either of us will be wanting that,” Spike snorted. “Also no substitutions, exchanges, or refunds,” Shining Armor chuckled.

“Now I know I’m dreaming or dead,” Twilight seemed to want to nod.

“Master, I don’t think you quite realize what you’ve got here,” he began floating to the roof ceiling. “So why don’t you just ruminate whilst I illuminate...” he trailed off as he began to glow completely pale blue. “The possibilities,” he grinned.
~Friend Like Me~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBBSCPwQEnM~(The video is not mine, I did not make it. It is the property of Lord Fawful from Youtube, bless that youtuber for making this video)

After his magical solo he sat next to Shining Armor on the cave. “So what’ll it be, my main Master?” he asked.

“So, any three wishes I want?” Shining Armor asked, hopeful of heart.

Discord cleared his throat and pulled on his goatee. “Not exactly, my Mistress did state that there were a few rules to this job of mine,” Twilight looked interested, again.

“Mistress?” she asked, but he ignored her.

“There are a few rules and things you can’t wish for, aside from no wishing for more wishes,” Shining Armor shrugged.

“Like?” he asked, and Discord groaned.

Discord, “Ah Rule number one,: I can’t kill anypony or creature,” he sliced his head off with his own lion’s paw and Shining Armor clutched his own throat. “So don’t ask,” he rasped, placing it back on his neck. “Rule two: I can’t make anypony fall in love with anypony else, Mare, Stallion, etc...” his head turned completely into lips and they kissed the wall, leaving a giant imprint even after they returned to normal Discord head. He straightened his back, and laid onto the floor. “Rule three...” he began, but his voice turned cracked and hoarse as he turned completely green. “I can’t bring ponies back from the dead,” he pulled up a piece of green, gross death. “It’s not a pretty picture, I DON’T LIKE DOING IT!” he returned to normal and floated up. “But other than that business which we will never discuss again, you got whatever you want!”

Shining Armor and Twilight shared a look of plotting. Almost like how Sombra and Chrysalis would. She nodded to her big brother.

“Limits? On wishes? Some all powerful creature of Chaos. Can’t even bring ponies back from the dead. Probably can’t even get us out of this cave. Guess we’re gonna be finding our own way outta here--” Discord’s giant cloven hoof stomped in front of Shining Armor.

“Scuse’ me monsieur?” he spoke with a glaring tone and a accent. “Did you rub my lamp? Did you bring me here? I don’t think so Shining Blabber. You’re getting your wishes...” his voice stopped for a moment until it turned thunderous. “SO SIT DOWN!” he ordered and the Unicorns didn’t hesitate to listen.

They all sat on the Dragon Carpet and Discord pulled the baby dragon off it and sat him next to Twilight. “In case of emergency, the exits are here, here, here, here, here, here, here, anywhere! Keep your claws, paws, and hooves inside the carpet. Weeee’rrrree gone!” they flew out of the cave and into the Luna night.