• Published 13th Jun 2012
  • 1,962 Views, 34 Comments

Chaos Crisis - Radar651



After finding an odd gemstone in sweet apple acres the lives of the Mane-6 are changed forever.

  • ...
5
 34
 1,962

What the hay IS an echidna?

…The first figure that had stepped through responded to him. “Oh come on, Shadow. It can't be all that bad. Besides, you're the one who opened the portal. I think we might be able to have some fun here.”

Fluttershy's eyes widened from hearing that comment. She didn't know what kind of “fun” the blue figure meant, but she didn't like the sound of it. “I have to warn Twilight about this r-right away... what if they see me leave? No I can't think about that now. I must warn Twilight about this.” After getting her knees to stop shaking, she carefully unlocked her door and then galloped out of the cottage to town.

As she galloped, she looked behind her. To her surprise, nopony was following her. She simply guessed that nopony saw her dart out. When she was sure that no one was following her, she took to flight at the bridge that connected the two sides of the river. She covered the rest of the trip with in a couple minutes.

When the mare came to the library, she tapped on the door with her forehoof. “Oh... I hope they can hear me....” As she is about to tap again, Rainbow Dash opened the door. “Sup 'shy? What's with all the racket?” Fluttershy gently moved her friend out of the way to get into the building. “Sorry, but I need to talk to Twilight, if you don't mind... that is...”

Twilight turned her head to see her anxious friend wanting to ask her something. “What do you need, Fluttershy?” Twilight let out. “Well... uh.. there is... some kind of portal..... on the edge of Everfree,” the nervous mare started. “It just appeared... and... and...” Applejack interrupted her friend. “Just spit it out, 'shy.” “Three dark looking... figures stepped through... they said they wanted to have fun here...” Rainbow chuckled when Fluttershy said 'fun'. “Do you know what kind of fun they were talking about?”

Fluttershy shrugged. “I am... not sure.” The yellow coated mare then looked past Rainbow to see the strange emerald sitting on the table. “What's that guys...?” Applejack answered her. “Hay if we know but Spike thinks it's an emerald...” Twilight then interrupted the country earth pony. “Well that’s obviously wrong. Emeralds are green not light blue.” Applejack just gave a stare at Twilight. “E'ah was going to say that.”

“Actually,” A voice stated. Everypony quickly turned around to see a blue figure standing in the doorway. “It is an emerald. A chaos emerald.” Fluttershy started to slowly back away. “That's one of them.... one of them I saw in the Everfree forest.” She then ducked behind Twilight, scared as ever.

Rainbow Dash quickly got in front of the group. “Who the hay are you and what do you want!” She growled at the figure. With a smile on his face, the figure simply said, “Well, might as well kill two birds with one stone. To answer the second question I am here for that chaos emerald you have. And as far as the first question is concerned... The name's Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog.”

Rainbow Dash simply looked back at the pink mare standing to her left. “You have GOT to be kidding me.” Pinkie Pie simply smiled. “What?” She asked the confused Pegasus. Rainbow Dash shook her head. “Never mind...” The mare then turned to Sonic, who had started leaning on the door frame. “Never mind who you are. Why the hay do you want this emerald?” Sonic shot back “Why the hay not?”

Rainbow Dash was thrown off guard. “Are you being a smart plot with me?” Sonic scratched his head in confusion. “Was that suppose to be an insult? I've heard better comebacks from the good old Egghead himself.” Rainbow Dash's eyes turned with a furious look. “Nopony! I mean nopony! Talks about Twilight like that!” Twilight was quick to cut in. “I don't think he was talking about me, Dashie.”

Sonic let out his signature laugh. “Oh boy! You guys are just too funny!” Sonic was quickly bucked out of the way by a second black and red figure coming up from behind. “We are not here for chitchat Sonic. We are here for the emeralds.” He explained. The figure then proceeded to head for the emerald on the table. Only to be cut off by Applejack and Rainbow Dash. “Don't ya'll think we are gonna let'cha have this here emeralds without an explanation.”

The figure simply raised his hand in front of the country mare. “I don't have time for these silly little games.... Chaos...!” Sonic quickly darted in front of the figure. “Shadow! You said we would do this my way first! We don't know if they are a threat or not! We are not going to blow up everyone who disagrees with you.” Shadow took a step back and lowered his hand. “I will let that fly this once. If you ever get in my way again, I won't hesitate to destroy you!” “Besides Shadow, they do deserve some sort of explanation for this.” Sonic responded

Sonic turned to the group of Equestrian mares. He then cracked his knuckles. “Before I start this story, Knuckles get in here. Also, dose anyone have a chair?” A stubbier red figure walked in behind Sonic. “About time Sonic, I was getting tired of standing guard.” The final figure let out with a grunt in his voice.

Sonic regained the attention of the five mares and the lone drake. “A'right, so lets start this story.” he said, jumping into a chair that was not built for his behind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A long time ago, before anyone on Mobius could remember. There were seven stones of power. Each stone had a different color to it. But all had immense power. It was said that even one, could double the natural abilities of the user. Although, if one had all seven in their possession, a miracle was supposed to happen.

The power of the seven stones was so great in fact that the guardians had to do something to control them. Using positive and negative energy of the emeralds, they created an eighth stone. It was near infinite in power. This came to be known as the Master Emerald, the controller.

Centuries pasted in harmony and peace. But the guardians became greedy. The sought to use the power of the seven stones to conquer the surrounding tribes. However, a great power over came the guardians and attempted to destroy them all. This power was known as Chaos. He was almost unstable, until one guardian stepped forward.

A girl named Tikal gave her own soul to lock both her and the creature known as Chaos into the Master Emerald. The resulting spell scattered the stones across the known world. For thousands of years, the seven stones came and went throughout history.

Thirteen years ago, all seven were brought together once again. I was the one to bring all seven back together. Using the power of all seven emeralds, I was able to defeat a mad man. He sought to take over all of Mobius with a robotic army. Time and time again, I defeated him with the emeralds. However, when he was able to snatch the emeralds from me, Shadow had the foresight to teleport the emeralds away before the mad man could use them.

It took us some time, but we were able to trace where the emeralds had wound up. A friend of mine was working on interdimensional transportation. Using the machine he called a Fargate, we were able to wind up here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sonic finished his story. Shadow stepped forward. “Now if you don't mind, we will be taking that emerald.” Applejack gave out a sigh. “Well, ya'lls story makes a lick of sense, e'ah reckon. Ya'll can have it.” Sonic let out a smile. “Thanks, but we still have to find the other six. They can be anywhere across this land of.... what do you call this land anyway?” He asked scratching his ear.

Applejack tipped her hat a little. “It's called Equestria.” She answered the blue hedgehog. Knuckles then butted in. “Equestria, like in horse?” Twilight was swift to correct him. “No, we are actually ponies.” The pinkish mare then joined in with her own question. “So, if Shadow and Sonic are both hedgehogs, what are you? You look a little different from them.” “Well actually, I'm an echidna.” Knuckles responded. Rainbow Dash, with a confused look, asked “What the hay is an echidna?”

Knuckles put his glove to his face. “It's kind of like a tougher hedgehog.” Shadow shot back “Whatever helps you sleep at night, Knuckles.” The echidna's face grew redder than normal. “Hey!” He shouted, shaking one of his fist. Sonic broke the two up. “Come on guys, find a room. Besides, we better get looking for the other six emeralds.” Applejack suddenly offered up some help. “Ya'll sure ya don't need any help? Equestria is a might' bit bigger than ya'll think.”

Sonic just rejected her offer. “I don't think you know who you are dealing with! I am the fastest thing alive!” Steam blew out of Rainbow's ears. “I doubt that one, blue boy!” Sonic came back with; “Is that a challenge I hear?” Rainbow got up in Sonic's face. “You! Me! First one to Canterlot and back right now!” “You're on fly girl!” Sonic challenged the Pegasus mare.

**end of chapter two**