• Published 13th Jun 2012
  • 913 Views, 3 Comments

Of Certain Circumstances - Timmy Turner



When a young man finds himself in the land of equestria, he must find his way home, if he wants to.

  • ...
1
 3
 913

Where am I

"Are you ok?"

His head throbbing with massive pain, the young man staggered wearily to his feet.

"Excuse me, but what exactly are you?"

That voice, so recognizable. In an attempt to see who, or what, was questioning him the man squinted his eyes in anattempt to regain some of his vision. Through his blurry vision, he could only see a purple blob of color. He attempted to reply to this unknown thing, but all that came out were jumbled sounds. With the throbbing in his head to great, he collapsed and lost all consciousness.

"What do you think it is?" the man heard as he regained some of his consciousness. "I'm not sure but I bet Princess Celestia might know," another voice whispered. "Then after can we throw him a welcome party? Pleaaaaaasssseeee!!!" "I don't know Pinkie, we aren't even sure what this 'thing' is."

The man groaned as his senses returned, and the pain began to come back. "Uggh, where am I. Who are you people," he groaned. "Not people silly. Ponies!" replied an ecstatic voice. As he opened his eyes, he saw that he was in what seemed like a hospital with six ponies. "What the hell!? Where am I!? Where is this place!?" "You're in Ponyville, Equestria. You appeared just outside my library and seemed to be in bad shape, so I took you to the hospital as fast as I could," the purple mare replied. "I'm Twilight, and my friends are Pinky, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, and the one hiding behind them is Fluttershy." The man simply began to chuckle saying, "Ha, this has to be a dream. There's no way this is possible." "What's not possible?" the blue mare asked curiously. "You! All of you! You guys are from a TV show, there's no way you are actually real." "Oh, we are real alrite," Rainbow Dash said. "If I wasnt real, could I do this?" Immediately, the pegasus took a glass of water and threw it on the unexpecting man. "Rainbow Dash!" Twilight said. "That was really rude." The rainbow Pegasus simply turned to her in reply saying, "What? The man wanted proof!"

"Um, excuse me sir, but if you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you?" whimpered a small voice from the back. "He is a human," came a thunderous reply. In walked Princess Celestia. As if something out of a dream, she strolled into the room gallantly. "The real question is how did he get here," she stated. The man did the best he could to remember the circumstances that had occured. "It was a cloudy morning......."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sky was filled with grey as he fought to get out of bed. His bed seemed to call to him as he walked a way, pleading him to return to sleep. As he let his coffee heat up, he decided to listen to his messages. "Hey this is Tom, leave a message after the beep." Nothing but silence followed. "What a surprise," he said to himself. "Another empty voicemail." His life was lonely ever since his parents had passed away. With no brothers or sisters, or any family of any kind, he had no where to go except forward into a life he never wished would happened. At 25, he had expected to have a better life than this, having fun with friends, perhaps finding that person to make his life whole. But life doestn always work out the way we want it to.

When his coffee finally finished, he raced to his office job downtown. Nothing new about today, still as boring as the day before and basically every other day. After a long day, he returned home with the same routine as always. Tom would come home and watch My Little Pony. No one knew about this secret he had, not because he was embarassed about it, but because no one cared to even find out about his life. Upwards the evening, it all just became to much for him to bear, and he had to leave his apartment. Tom had no idea where he was going or what he was going to do. All he knew was that he needed was to leave.

Not even noticing the storm brewing above him, he walked down to the park his parents use to take home to reminisce about the good times of life. Oh how he missed those days as a child, whiteout a care in the world. He would go back to that simpler time in a heartbeat if possible, which he knew was impossible. As the winds picked up to near hurricane weather, he finally noticed his surroundings. Heavy rain began to beat down harder than ever, and flashes of lightning filled the sky. Realizing that returning home was impossible in this kind of weather, he decided to seek shelter in the parks playstructure. "A rain like this can't last for too long" he thought to himself. However, the rain didn't let up, and the storm simply grew in size. "I can't stay here all night, or il free...." His sentence was cut short by a white flash of lightning, and followed with immediate darkness.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The next thing I knew, twilight was standing over me." "Hmm," the princess thought aloud. "The universe works in the strangest ways. This is a circumstance that I have never hear of, let alone imagined even possible. However what's done is done. For now all our focus will be on finding you a way back home. Until then, these six will take care of you, won't you girls." "Of course Princess Celestia," they all replied in unison. "Come on! I'll give you a tour!" Pinkie Pie said with excitement.

Tom was led throughout Ponyville, and everything was just like the show. Not wanting the ponies to know he already knew all the names of the buildings and places, he pretended to be fully interested in the tour. "Here we are!" said twilight. "The end of our tour. Until we can find you a way home, you will be binning with me." As he laid down in his guest bed thinking of the events that had just transpired, everything started to kick in. "This may all be one crazy dream, but I'm in Equestria! Maybe this won't be too bad after all." With that thought he did all he could to try to fall asleep, unsuccessfully.