• ...
3
 0
 679

Chapter 3- We must stay resiliant

Chapter

3

Pinkie Pie

We slept the rest of the night and late into the afternoon. When woke up I went to the room where they kept the portal. I think it was in the library just off of the throne room. I slowly made my way upstairs reviewing the events of last night in my mind. I stopped for a second the look of the guards as Celestia laid them down on the floor. It was enough send a tingle down my spine either or it was my lucky day. That thought made me chuckle and it couldn’t have happened soon enough. I wouldn’t want my friends to see me unhappy.

I could hear Twilight from outside the door “Starlight is desperate she’ll be easy to capture!” she protested loudly.

“Starlight is dangerous and in a wo-” Celestia stopped talking as she saw me walking through the door. I could see what was going on this worlds Twilight and her friends were gathered around the table and my friends were against the wall just listening. The only thing out of place was a cyan unicorn sitting to the right of Twilight patting her on the back calmly with one hoof.

“Oh pardon me princess but I believe Twilight to have a story for us. Now that all of us are here you’ve promised an explanation for her.” This world’s Rarity said glancing at Trixie from her, it was probably a throne. It just looked more like a giant fancy chair made of crystals.

“Twilight are you going to tell them of how you and Trixie became better acquainted, as to say, The Great And Powerful Trixie gave Twilight the honor of becoming, an indentured servant of sorts, how would you put it, my ball and chain! Because if you ask me I’d more than willing to tell you because Trixie is the mare of her dreams of course.” Trixie a smug grin on her face.

“Spill it Trixie we don’t got all day.” Rainbow dash said in sync with her alternate self.

“Well one day not to long after our duel of magical strength proved Twilight the true winner and friendship and blah blah blah. Trixie didn’t listen to much of it then but now she would happily listen to Trixie drone on for hours about anything. That aside I came to her into her library and one thing led-” She was cut off by Twilight.

“I ended up asking her out myself because she wasn’t the great and confident Trixie. And after a while we got married in secret. Trixie’s been living with me for months and can’t believe she hasn’t revealed herself sooner out of excitement. We were planning to tell you at one of Pinkie’s next parties but I guess sooner rather than later. Now I can be completely open with friends again.”Twilight said.

I think the only one pony in the room without their jaw dropped was Luna. For the most part she just sat there eyes glued to the small screen in front of her. (I wonder if her human counterpart enjoyed gaming as much.) On occasion she would shout and insult at the screen leaving me to wonder what feat she had just accomplished. “Thou scrub hath been REKT by thine very own princess of the night.” Luna shouted gaining a concerned glance from her sister and myself. That was loud she was practically using her royal canterlot voice again. Her eyes stopped glowing as she calmed down.

“I should probably get her home she tends to get loud when she gets in ‘the zone’ as she calls it. We’ll be leaving, remember Twilight no rash decisions. As I have said there people in the human realm capable of doing this just fine.” Celestia said standing upright and dragging her sister out of the door with magic.

“Twilight I reckon we take a look see at the damage downstairs she was in a small library. I know how ya’ are about books.” Applejack said calmly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Trixie believes this to be the worst condition a room of her’s to ever have been in. Twilight are sure that the wretched felon you stored in here didn’t steal anything of ours?” Trixie asked as she stepped into the library behind us.

“Firstly your library is up stairs. Secondly I’m looking for a specific book something I specifically was charged with keeping here for the princess. Very similarly as Cadence was originally charged with the mirror I now have.” Twilight said digging through stacks of books thrown everywhere by Starlight’s apparent struggle.

“You’re a unicorn don’t you have like a search spell or a sorting spell of some kind?” I asked, feeling as though just pointed out an obvious solution we should’ve already been using.

“I’ve been so good at organization myself I never needed one myself it was a natural talent to sort things.” She said in response.

“REALLY the one pony here with OCD and she doesn’t even know a spell to help with the disorder.” The other Pinkie shouted before I had the chance. (I didn’t realise she was worked up though if I was it probably means she was were technically the same person or pony or oh you get my point.)

“Trixie will take them into the other room if you require honey. Though I’d be far more useful in here with you as I know a spell that may be of use to you at the current moment.” Trixie said self-assuredly.

“Trixie stop with the pet names while my friends are around they’re for when we’re alone or when we’re out together not for just around the house, castle thing.” Twilight said, “I have a feeling you wouldn’t want me talking about how loudly you scream… should I go on?” Twilight said in a sultry voice.

“No no need Trixie is fine if you stop talking about the topic at hoof in fact if you do Trixie teach you the spell that she knows real quick so that you may be able to find
this book.” She said mumbling something under her breath.

A few moments later Trixie had taught Twilight the spell for searching for specific items in this… mess and was currently applying it to look for the book she needed. “Um… well I hate to interrupt sugarcube but what book are ya’ lookin’ for exactly? It seems real important but as far as I’ve been told or know you were never charged with holding an important book for the princess.” Applejack said, her southern accent making her seem more relaxed than we knew she was.

“I’m looking for Luna’s journal. It had the unfinished version of Star Swirl the Bearded’s spell from before I ascended,” Twilight mumbled, concerned.

Poor Twilight, looked as though she was about to panic, frantically tossing books out of piles, looking on shelves and tossing books willy nilly, with no concern for those around her or her workspace. “It’s not here, oh Celestia, it’s not here. She didn’t take it did she? She couldn’t’ve she didn’t now it was important.” She said. It was clear she was panicked by how quickly she spoke.

“Twilight did you keep it in that shattered glass case over there? The one that you once kept the elements in.” Rainbow said flatly.

“Why yes I did.” Twilight reciprocated.

“Then by process elimination she would’ve known it’s important it was the only book under glass casing almost as if it were on display.” Sci-twi said.”And if Starlight is as as smart as you say she is then that means she can use process of elimination. What did this book have in it anyways that was so precious?”

“Two extremely powerful spells. One I’m not too worried about as if she went to the human realm it would have no effect. The other being the extremely dark spell Princess Luna used to turn into Nightmare Moon one thousand years ago.” Twilight said.

“Oh that big huh Twilight I guess when we get back to the human world we can put some major effort into looking for her.” Sunset said. “We really should be getting back anyway.”

Author's Note:

I am so tired but I try to get this up when I can. Sorry for the slow short chapter but after last chapter I really needed a good relaxing chapter to get back into the swing Kristen's asleep again so don't expect a note from her this . Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Again I apologize for it being as slow as it was.:raritywink: