• Published 9th Jan 2016
  • 483 Views, 10 Comments

Leaving Me - ScurryBelle



Vinyl takes a journey through the city of Manehattan learning that there is more out there. Pride, joy, heartbreak, and a pain-filled world are constant, and only with eye opening experiences and finding love can Vinyl see reality.

  • ...
1
 10
 483

1 - A Basic Morning

I just woke up. The only lights in my room are my alarm clock, which is shaped like a Twinkie, and my old, stoplight that my father rigged up to flash back and forth between the three colors. Which gets mesmerizing when you are bored and you just sit there and stare at it.

My life is confusing... I live in Manehattan, in a run down apartment complex, with my girlfriend Octavia, and I have a job as a semi-famous Dj, which is what I've always dreamed of. Basically, its too balanced in good and bad qualities.

I get out of bed and put on my slippers, rough from many years of use. I remember the day I got them I was so happy because every step was like walking on a cloud, now its like I'm walking on the bare floor. Quietly I sneak out of bed as to not wake up Octavia. I head over to the kitchen to make some coffee. Decaf, she loves decaf for some reason, but I always keep a hidden stash of regular coffee in the back of the cereal cabinet for when I'm really drowsy.

I head over to my stash and get some ground coffee and make it on the stove instead of the Keurieg machine, so she wont use my coffee by accident. Looking out the window while sipping from the mug, I can see the house across the street's mailbox, that was smashed with a bat, due to the shards of plastic mailbox everywhere.

"What's the problem with people?" I say quietly to myself.

"Its probably due to everyone being an idiot, Vinyl." I hear behind me.

"Whoa!" I spill my coffee on my slippers. "Tavi! Don't startle me like that!"

I grab a towel and start to clean up the coffee. Tavi grabs herself her treble clef mug that she has had since she was five. She heads over to the Keurieg for her decaf.

"Sorry Vinyl, I didn't realize you weren't fully awake yet." She apologizes a little late. "I was just getting up to have some coffee before I practice my cello piece for the ensemble I will be preforming later today. You should really come watch."

I really hate classical music. It the complete opposite of dubstep. I usually try to think of an excuse to get out of listening to it, but I forgot today.

"You know I don't have time to watch, I have to-" I try to think of an answer but Octavia stops me.

"You have nothing to do today, today is your day off remember?"

I forgot I don't have work today, so now my plans are messed up. I completely forgot today was Friday. Then again I went to a huge party last night. Since I was the DJ, I didn't have as much fun as I would just dancing, but its what I like to do. Its what I always dreamed of since I was little.

"I'm playing 'Vaughan Williams' The Lark Ascending as my main piece. I expect you to be there. I even got a free balcony ticket for anyone I want to bring, so you really should come." She says pleadingly.

"Fine... I give in."

"Yay! I'll see you there then. I'm just really happy for this and I wanted you to come."

"I will come, I wont miss it for the world." I tell her, smiling back at her.

She gives me a peck on the cheek and goes and gets dressed. I get finish cleaning everything that was left, and grab a bowl of cereal.

"Why cant Tavi get a real job?" I ask myself. "Then again, I barely have a real job, so whats the difference?" I think I may be crazy, I'm answering myself.

As I eat my cereal, I'm starting to think of what the point of being in Manehattan really is. It literally just full of hookers, malls, robbers, and the sort. Just a big area for people to waste or get wasted. I go up to get dressed. Octavia is in the shower, so I just go to my dresser and get my daily attire. I grab my headphones from the top of my dresser and walk over to look in the mirror.

"Same old attire, same old day..."