• Published 25th Jan 2016
  • 506 Views, 11 Comments

My Little Daddy? - Perry Pinkie Potter



My Little Dashie thingy. MLD isn't real. But when Rainbow Dash reads it, she doesn't know that...

  • ...
4
 11
 506

One

I flew through the air, the wind going so fast it nearly obscured my vision. The wind feels cold as ice against my fur as I tumble and spin. I love flying. It's my passion. And I couldn't imagine not having it! I laugh excitedly, free falling onto a cloud, which surrounds me with water and makes me even colder. And i don't give a flying feather! "Wooh hoo!" I shout, caught up in the moment. I fly, faster and faster, looping around, when BANG! I look up. "Oops! Sorry, Rain Blitz." I apologized.

"It's fine, Rainbow Dash. We've all had it happen to us." She chuckled. She was a good sport.

"I bump into ponies on accident all the time!" Derpy Hooves added. I smiled. She can always cheer me up. In her own way...

"What's going on, anyway?" I ask Rain Blitz.

"You don't know? There's a HUGE downpour scheduled in a few minutes." She told me.

I did a double take. "WHAT? We weren't scheduled for that, Rain."

She shook her head. "Mr. Weather Storm wanted to do another one of those 'Weather Drills'."

I groaned. "I thought that was a one-time-only thing."

"Nope. I got this one. You sit it out, Rainbow."

I smile. "Thanks, Blitz. I owe you a shift."

She shook her head. "Naw, you took my place Tuesday, remember? We're even."

"Oh. Alright, see ya." I took off. So much for flying, I think grouchily.
I soar back to my house, figuring I'll sit this one out. It IS late. I might as well call it a night.

I settle into bed and look over my mail.

"Bill. Bill. Bill. Bill. Overdue urgent bill. Advisement. Ooh! Daring Do Fan Club letter!"
I rip it open eagerly.

"WHAT!" I'm dumbfounded.

In bright letters.

Be there to see the new Daring Do movie!

"On my gosh on my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh! This is amazing!" I squeal. I calm down a minute, because I'm going to wake somepony otherwise. But still!

Since when does A. K. Yearling make movies? Not that I'm complaining...

The first thing I'll have to do tomorrow is re-read the series from Twilight's library. But I know she's probably asleep by now. Ugh. I try to get some sleep anyways.


The next day...

I opened my eyes, full of excitement. I look at my clock to make sure I'm not TOO early.

"4:30! Perfect!" I zoom out and head to the castle.

"Twilight! There's going to be a new Daring Do-"

"Movie!" Twilight finished. "I know!"

We take a minute to fan-girl, jumping up and down.

"Wait. Don't tell me, you want to-"

"Read them all before hoof!" I smiled.

Twi rolled her eyes. "Help yourself to the library."

I smiled eagerly, and soared into the next room.

I always knew where to find 'D' on the shelves, and quickly flitted over. But they weren't there!

"Twilight! They're not here!" I panicked.

Twilight shrugged. "Well then, somepony must have gotten the news and came here first. Sorry Rainbow. You're welcome to try something else if you'd like."

I groaned, but i had nothing better to do. I flew over, and was browsing when I noticed something new. 'My Little Dashie'. I grabbed it and dashed to Twilight.

"Twilight? What's this about?" I showed her the book.

"Um... I have no idea. Huh. That's odd. Well, you're welcome to it if you'd like." She shrugged.

I want to read the books, but the movie isn't coming out for a year or two. And I AM curious. Why not... I thought to myself. Though I suppose it's not really a surprise they wrote a book about me, I reasoned. Though still...

"Yeah, yeah I think I will. Thanks, Twilight."

"No problem. I can't believe I never saw that. I'm going to look over all my books. What if I missed something else?" She started mumbling to herself.

I kinda took a hint and flew off. I had a book to read.
I found my reading cloud. It was the perfect spot. There was plenty of sunlight so I could see, but enough shade that I didn't blind myself. I settled myself onto it and began to read it.

Author's Note:

Yes. We're going here. You better believe we're going here. :rainbowdetermined2: