• Published 20th Feb 2016
  • 396 Views, 12 Comments

My Life As an Underappreciated Ponyville Nurse - Sailor_Pluto



Short stories of Nurse Redheart and the ponies who underappreciate her.

  • ...
2
 12
 396

Chapter II

I set my clipboard down on the counter near the sink and glance back to the stallion sitting in the examination chair. "Well, Mr. Berry, I'm surprised. In all honesty, you're the healthiest pony I've ever seen."

A smile formed on his face. "Really? You're being serious?"

"I did say 'in all honesty'."

"It's just that I've been having trouble breathing lately, and my dad had lung cancer, so I was worried that I might be developing the same thing." He laughed. "I'm glad I have nothing to worry about!"

"Oh, I never said that."

His smile began to fade. "What?"

"There's definitely a greater risk of you getting lung cancer because your father had it, so just because you don't have it right now doesn't mean you can just sit back, relax, and assume you'll be good for life."

His face morphed into one of worry. "But...you said I was the healthiest pony you'd ever seen."

I shrugged. "I lied. So sue me."

"Did you lie about me not having cancer?"

"No sir, that's not something I would lie about." I glanced at the clipboard, then reached behind me and picked it up. "Oh, would you look at that. I read it wrong." I looked back up at him. "Yeah, you totally have cancer."

"What the hell?!" He stood and started to walk out of the room, glaring at me as he passed. "You're a horrible doctor! I'm going to Princess Twilight so she can cure my cancer."

When he's gone, I roll my eyes. "First of all, I'm a nurse, not a doctor. Second, the Princess can't cure cancer, stupid." I shake my head slightly. "Nopony gives me the respect I deserve."